Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bainsy View Post
    Now your saying that his not good, really? So if he's not that good like you say, how come you keep defending LaRuss's playing him EVERY chance he can find and bat him everywhere including 3rd??Please don't say "injuries".....Garcia is at "best" a utility player that should be used very ,very sparingly. They could have brought up 5 or 6 different guys up to sub for injured players and still keep Garcia in the utility roll.....And before you say that's on the FO, you'd be wrong because if LaRussa went to the FO and said I'm not playing him as a starter ,they would have brought people up.
    That is absolutely right on the money. It is obvious to me that Toe Knee has an irrational fixation about playing Garica as a big F you to anyone who questions his decisions. He pretty much singles out Garcia for manly "affection" every time he fails which is a lot.

Watch Toe Knee in the dugout during the game, He is scarcely involved with on field events. He simply stares out onto the field like some character from the Children of the Corn.

https://twitter.com/JamesFox917/stat...2J760fV9Ccq4WQ

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Nice sweep,The schedule sets up nicely now....Have to go 14-5 or 13-6 at the worst. This is the time, cannot hover around .500 anymore!

Nice sweep,The schedule sets up nicely now....Have to go 14-5 or 13-6 at the worst. This is the time, cannot hover around .500 anymore!
    For sure. This was a good confidence boost before a very important stretch. If we Make up ground over the next couple weeks over the Indians and Twins, who are both just as inconsistent as us, we are gonna come back from the break with the easiest month and a half to really set the tone.

Happy 4th to everyone!!!

Happy 4th to everyone!!!
    Absolutely. Just got back from Seattle to visit our family. Nice visit but is good to be back. Enjoy your family on the 4th.

Winning cures all lol. Sweep a solid team on the road, and we are finally getting along! Happy 4th y'all!

Happy 4th to everyone. Stay safe, and rememberů..light fuse and get away!

https://www.captaincsfireworks.com/u...1606166363.PNG
    Last edited by Sockeye; 07-04-2022 at 06:36 PM.

What the hell is the matter with Robert? Two routine catches that he played into doubles. It cost Cueto the lead run. Should be a 1-1 game. How this guy won a gold glove is amazing to me. Burger hasn't seen daylight in a week. And Moncada and Garcia still suck offensively.

Thank God for our starting pitchers because pretty much defensively and offensively this team is average to lousy with the players LaRussa puts on the field.

An 8-5 TRIPLE PLAY? You will never see another one. Maybe the two worst examples of baserunning I've ever seen by Engel and, of course, Moncada. UnFing believable.

Sheets hits the ball hard, out goes Sheets for a pinch runner. Sox down and need a run? Lets watch Engel bat instead. This is like the 3rd or 4th time in a week where we lost our best power hitting left handed hitter late in the game with nobody left to hit that is worth a crap.

And in the other side of the field. Tell me why with the 10th inning managership lore, why did Tony not order an intentional walk with the best hitter in baseball up in the 10th with a runner on second? You knew that the guy is leading the AL in hitting and always puts the ball in play. Result? Of course 3-2 Twins in a nanosecond.

Meanwhile, someone tell me again that TLR knows how to manage a baseball team. Exhibit the bull-pen. Explain why Hendrix pitches the 8th and Graveman the 9th when the Twins are going to likely come up with the top of their order in the 10th and your cubbard is bare.

Screw Tony. Screw Moncada. Screw Pollock. Screw Robert. Screw Garcia. Screw Kelley. This team is lifeless. This team is leaderless. This team is gutless.
    Last edited by Bird of Prey; 07-04-2022 at 11:18 PM.

This is why I kept arguing with people that kept saying, it's early relax, to me in April and May.....Because all Minnesota has to do is avoid getting swept by the teams chasing them!!! I'd like to ask those guys is it still early???
    Second point is for the LaRussa apologist....This team is actually fundamentally worse since he got here....And I ask what has he done for this team ,that makes you say, wow that's why he was brought here??? Absolutely nothing!!!!!
    I'm done!!! Have a good summer guys!!!

Sheets hits the ball hard, out goes Sheets for a pinch runner. Sox down and need a run? Lets watch Engel bat instead. This is like the 3rd or 4th time in a week where we lost our best power hitting left handed hitter late in the game with nobody left to hit that is worth a crap.

And in the other side of the field. Tell me why with the 10th inning managership lore, why did Tony not order an intentional walk with the best hitter in baseball up in the 10th with a runner on second? You knew that the guy is leading the AL in hitting and always puts the ball in play. Result? Of course 3-2 Twins in a nanosecond.

Meanwhile, someone tell me again that TLR knows how to manage a baseball team. Exhibit the bull-pen. Explain why Hendrix pitches the 8th and Graveman the 9th when the Twins are going to likely come up with the top of their order in the 10th and your cubbard is bare.

Screw Tony. Screw Moncada. Screw Pollock. Screw Robert. Screw Garcia. Screw Kelley.

FTR, Leury was hitting .333 with a .407 obp his last seven games.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    FTR, Leury was hitting .333 with a .407 obp his last seven games.
    Garcia is the worst player in all of baseball. LaRussa makes the worst line-ups in all of baseball and assembles the worst 25 man roster in all of baseball. It is criminal that a great hitting prospect like Burger hasn't played in a week and we have fools like Moncada, Garcia in the everyday line-up. Bring the rookies up and maybe get some life on this club. When you have an old fool like TLR praising Moncada for hustling on that triple play just making a "mistake" in judgement, it says it all.

I've coached many a game including college games and in championship high school age championship tournaments. My guys would know the rules regarding what was supposed to happen on that abortive mess with Engel and Moncada and it would NEVER HAVE HAPPENED. There is no F ing excuse for those two highly paid veteran players to screw up that play like they did. The reason that they did what they did is really simple. They are just out there screwing around and do not put themselves into the moment and think before the event happens.

Engel AUTOMATICALLY needed to go back to 2nd base and tag up. As soon as Buxton touches the ball, Engel then runs from the base whether the ball is caught or not. He picks up the 3rd base coach as soon as he releases from the bag.

As for Moncada. again, he is simply not in the game mentally almost ever. Here he is with the play in center field right in front of him, running like he didn't have a care in the world and almost trying to lap Engel. My guys would be taught to watch what the runner in front of you was doing and not run up their butt. And, with Engel needing to tag up, Moncada also needs either to tag up himself when the ball gets hit to get into 2nd base on the catch or to go half way and watch what happens in front of him with Engel and the ball.

I don't know either why we have base coaches at all because this kind of bad base-running happens all of the time under LaRussa. Coaches are there to not only signal the base runners when the ball is hit but also to talk to them about what the situation in front of them is. Tag up. go half way. How many outs there are. Don't get picked off. Freeze on a line-drive. Don't run up the guy's back that is in front of you. That is what coaches do and if they don't then they are useless. But a coach absolutely has to drum this stuff into the head of his runners.

None of us really know what happens with this team in terms of coaching but bottom line, the simple F ing things are not being done and the results show it. Fundamental stuff isn't happening. Basic plays are not being made. The bottom line is that when basic rules are not being done and the results are losses because of it, the manager is responsible.

I hate Tony LaRussa and have hated him for a long time because of the bad he has done to the game. I've talked about that before here and anyone can say I am wrong or not. But irrespective of my position regarding his steroid involvement and alcohol/DUI , bottom line, Tony just has failed in his two years of managing this team from the top down. That is on Reinny. This is not Hahn's fault in my opinion. I have no proof of it but bottom line, this smacks of Reinny handing over his decision making to his whiskey drinking buddy.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast