Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    My cousin told me he got 3200 bucks between all 3 stimulus bills. Where he lived that paid for less than 3 months rent. It helped for sure but he was also making 700 bucks a week working a job that he couldn't work because of the pandemic at various times. He also had an extremely hard getting unemployment even though he qualified for it because the system was inundated with people who were applying for it.
    we received 3 stimulus payments, they were sucked up by medical bills and mortgage within 3 mins of hitting my bank.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    we received 3 stimulus payments, they were sucked up by medical bills and mortgage within 3 mins of hitting my bank.
    Yeah I hear ya. I didn't qualify for it but thankfully I was able to get unemployment because I was out of work for almost 6 months. It didn't cover all my expenses either so basically I took a hit in terms of my savings and some of my investment portfolio. The studios I work for in Brooklyn and Queens halted production on basically every tv show going. Even finding freelance work was incredibly difficult.
    Last edited by metswon69; 07-06-2022 at 05:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    I literally just read McConnell stated the labor shortage will end once people run out of stimulus money, because they are "flush for the moment".

https://www.yahoo.com/news/mitch-mcc...193708143.html

This is hilarious. Do conservatives really think people are still holding onto a few grand they got 16 months ago and prior?
    And this is who they want to give control of the country back to…ridiculous!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    And this is who they want to give control of the country back to…ridiculous!
    That's how out of touch McConnell is. All the Republican posters on here love to talk about Biden blaming all the inflation on Russia but you won't hear a peep about this. And who is he to complain? His state has benefitted greatly from federal money for decades.

For all the people who made better money in unemployment, there were plenty of people who didn't make what they were making working as well.
    Last edited by metswon69; 07-06-2022 at 08:57 PM.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567