Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

What Opposing Political Issue Do You Support?

So on here we have a couple of centrists (catman for one)
    A few right leaning (Bird of Prey, Sluggo to name a few)
    And the rest are left leaning
    (all right/left to various degrees).
    Declare where you side and then post about a view you have/support that goes against your lean. Try to limit it to one issue per post.
    Last edited by brett05; 06-29-2022 at 07:29 AM.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Declare: Right

Opposing Issue: I support all educational dollars be split equitably in a state allowing each child the same opportunity regardless of the area they live in within said state.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Declare: Right

Opposing Issue: I support all educational dollars be split equitably in a state allowing each child the same opportunity regardless of the area they live in within said state.
    It sounds like you're describing what the right calls school choice. This is a conservative viewpoint that you as a conservative support.
    the delays of the courts needs to end at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    And if people got **** counsel, well they had to die so the court could move faster…but tell me again how pro-life you are!
    I was told there would be pro-life! Not pro-death!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    It sounds like you're describing what the right calls school choice. This is a conservative viewpoint that you as a conservative support.
    School choice is different.

Do you have any from the Right that you support?

So on here we have a couple of centrists (catman for one)
    A few right leaning (Bird of Prey, Sluggo to name a few)
    And the rest are left leaning
    (all right/left to various degrees).
    Declare where you side and then post about a view you have/support that goes against your lean. Try to limit it to one issue per post.
    Equality is an opposing issue to "your side"?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

I honestly can't think of any issues where I stand on the conservative side anymore. The closest I can think of is LGBT, but that is only because I don't understand it really. The part where they have the same rights, benefits, and services anyone else does I am onboard with. I just struggle with what we should allow as it pertains to restrooms, sports, etc, with a trans-person.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

I don't think the right have any interest in solving social problems and in some cases inflict harmful policies that escalate the problem. So, no I don't stand with any issues on the right. They have made a practice on stand against everything I am for.

Case in point. The republican main thrust this mid-term seems to be about retribution against perceived woke policies. Culture war stuff that don't affect the problems that most Americans are facing with crime, inflation, the growing drought problem out west which will affect us with higher produce and meat prices. They are deflectors and distractors from our problems. The whole damn party by focusing on culture war.
    Last edited by WES445; 06-29-2022 at 12:28 PM.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

I supported Trump’s policy of getting out of Afghanistan even faster than Biden did. His withdrawal plan was on a quicker schedule.

But he didn't do it. Is this about policies pushed or policies passed? There is a lot of wishful ideas in the former that was just hot air.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    Equality is an opposing issue to "your side"?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Yes it is. The right has not pushed for equality. They push for localized differences and magnet schools. They also want school choice meaning parents can take their dollars to any private school if they so desire.

Yes it is. The right has not pushed for equality. They push for localized differences and magnet schools. They also want school choice meaning parents can take their dollars to any private school if they so desire.
    I know you’re referring to school funding here, but that’s a pretty funny foupax.

If the government didn't drive the school system into the toilet we wouldn't be talking about school choice.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I know you’re referring to school funding here, but that’s a pretty funny foupax.
    good point.

Will Rogers

catman, the centrist

I'm all for immigration reform, fiscal conservation, and producing more goods stateside.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast