Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 69
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    47,311
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    On Dame, 8 of his 11 playoff series for his career he shot .411 or worse, never shot over .500, and been in the 300s 4 times ... don't know that I'd say that's coming up big. For comparison Curry has shot under .411 for a playoff series 4 times out of 26 series, been over .500 5 times and never under .402.

    Shooting doesn't tell the whole story, and like I said I haven't watched much of Dame in the playoffs, thus asking the question.
    If they swapped supporting casts, do you think the numbers would be the same? Dame has 2 of the biggest game winning playoff shots of all-time and the last time he was in the playoffs, he had one of the greatest games in playoff history scoring 55 PTs against the Nuggets to send the game to OT.

    Also if you look at the series you’re talking about, many of them were against teams in which the Blazers were clearly overmatched (like the Warriors).

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    122,274
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    LeBron right? He's the only one with a losing record when playing that last game.
    hes also the goat that puts up the goat numbers in those final games

    when basketball becomes 1v1 that is when rings will matter

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    42,485
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    If they swapped supporting casts, do you think the numbers would be the same? Dame has 2 of the biggest game winning playoff shots of all-time and the last time he was in the playoffs, he had one of the greatest games in playoff history scoring 55 PTs against the Nuggets to send the game to OT.

    Also if you look at the series you’re talking about, many of them were against teams in which the Blazers were clearly overmatched (like the Warriors).
    I don't know. Curry is a better shooter for his career from 2 and from 3 so I would expect it to be better.

    I literally looked at all of his playoff series. I also said I didn't see them and that shooting isn't enough to really evaluate the situation.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    13,529
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    That's a pretty big projection, but he looks like he might be.
    Lol ya it’s a leap of faith but I really like him (both on and off court). Moreso what I hope happens.

    It will take a few years and continuing to develop but he has an outside shot at it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    47,311
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I don't know. Curry is a better shooter for his career from 2 and from 3 so I would expect it to be better.

    I literally looked at all of his playoff series. I also said I didn't see them and that shooting isn't enough to really evaluate the situation.
    That’s a circular argument. Regardless, I’m not arguing Lillard is better than Curry (he’s not), I’m arguing Curry’s numbers aren’t as good when not on a stacked Warriors and Lillard’s aren’t as bad on an inept Portland

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    GMT +2
    Posts
    14,541
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    That’s a circular argument. Regardless, I’m not arguing Lillard is better than Curry (he’s not), I’m arguing Curry’s numbers aren’t as good when not on a stacked Warriors and Lillard’s aren’t as bad on an inept Portland
    I wonder why you cannot apply this logic when other players are involved.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    47,311
    Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post
    I wonder why you cannot apply this logic when other players are involved.
    I can. LeBron’s individual numbers are better the less stacked his team is…

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    42,485
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Lol ya it’s a leap of faith but I really like him (both on and off court). Moreso what I hope happens.

    It will take a few years and continuing to develop but he has an outside shot at it.
    Just saw this today. https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/wa...ent-nba-career

    Interesting to see his reaction to some criticism.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    42,485
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    That’s a circular argument. Regardless, I’m not arguing Lillard is better than Curry (he’s not), I’m arguing Curry’s numbers aren’t as good when not on a stacked Warriors and Lillard’s aren’t as bad on an inept Portland
    It's not an argument, You said if Curry was on the Blazers instead would his numbers be the same, and I would expect Curry's numbers to be better than Lillards. Not that it means much overall.

    If you say Dame shows up big in big games I can't really argue it since I haven't seen the games.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    GMT +2
    Posts
    14,541
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I can. LeBron’s individual numbers are better the less stacked his team is…
    Who talked about Lebron?

    Any ball dominant player (non-Point Guard) who scores a lot has better numbers with less stacked teams.
    It's why you cannot trust the stats when you see some SG or SF (or anyone really on a bad team have high scoring numbers.

    When playoffs are in the picture, those numbers tend to diminish if you're a low seed team. And improve when you're a high seed team playing against this kind of opposition.
    Which is funny with Lebron's case since he has better playoff numbers in the East and when he joined the Lakers, although older, he has great numbers in the RS but worse in the playoffs, except for the season they won.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    47,311
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    It's not an argument, You said if Curry was on the Blazers instead would his numbers be the same, and I would expect Curry's numbers to be better than Lillards. Not that it means much overall.

    If you say Dame shows up big in big games I can't really argue it since I haven't seen the games.
    I didn’t not say that at all. I said “would the numbers be the same”, not “would their numbers be the same.”

    Curry and Lillard’s numbers not being the same does not automatically mean Lillard would put up the same numbers as Curry if they swapped teams (or vice versa), Curry’s could get worse and Lillard’s better without them being the same as the other’s on each team.

    Curry is a flat out better player than Lillard.
    Last edited by valade16; 06-28-2022 at 01:00 AM.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    47,311
    Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post
    Who talked about Lebron?

    Any ball dominant player (non-Point Guard) who scores a lot has better numbers with less stacked teams.
    It's why you cannot trust the stats when you see some SG or SF (or anyone really on a bad team have high scoring numbers.

    When playoffs are in the picture, those numbers tend to diminish if you're a low seed team. And improve when you're a high seed team playing against this kind of opposition.
    Which is funny with Lebron's case since he has better playoff numbers in the East and when he joined the Lakers, although older, he has great numbers in the RS but worse in the playoffs, except for the season they won.
    “Except for the season he won” about sums up your partisanship with Bron. “If you take out when he’s done well, he hasn’t done well!” He’s only been to the playoffs with the Lakers for two seasons, once when he won and did well over 21 games and once when he did not in 6 games.

    That your argument there rests on “we should discount the 21 games and only look at the 6” to make your point is pretty par for the course.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    GMT +2
    Posts
    14,541
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    “Except for the season he won” about sums up your partisanship with Bron. “If you take out when he’s done well, he hasn’t done well!” He’s only been to the playoffs with the Lakers for two seasons, once when he won and did well over 21 games and once when he did not in 6 games.

    That your argument there rests on “we should discount the 21 games and only look at the 6” to make your point is pretty par for the course.
    I said what I said and it's factual. And I didn't say what you're trying to paint here, so read again.
    Your reaction shows that you're too emotional to talk about anything relating to Lebron. Which you're not so much for your Portland's Lillard.
    Try keeping it steady.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    47,311
    Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post
    I said what I said and it's factual. And I didn't say what you're trying to paint here, so read again.
    Your reaction shows that you're too emotional to talk about anything relating to Lebron. Which you're not so much for your Portland's Lillard.
    Try keeping it steady.
    Well this is a flat out lie. And it’s ironic you tell me to be less emotional when you just quoted me in a conversation having nothing to do with you to critique my opinion of LeBron while flying into a rage about him.

    I literally refuted Scoots saying Lillard isn’t clutch in the playoffs, but sure, I don’t defend my boy. But please, make this thread about your hatred of LeBron like all the others you enter. Rage post coming in 3, 2, 1…

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    GMT +2
    Posts
    14,541
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Well this is a flat out lie. And it’s ironic you tell me to be less emotional when you just quoted me in a conversation having nothing to do with you to critique my opinion of LeBron while flying into a rage about him.

    I literally refuted Scoots saying Lillard isn’t clutch in the playoffs, but sure, I don’t defend my boy. But please, make this thread about your hatred of LeBron like all the others you enter. Rage post coming in 3, 2, 1…
    Missing the point twice in the space of a few minutes. Next post couls get you a new personal record.

    Why did you feel the need to talk about Lebron here? I certainly didn't bring him up.
    Heck, I even let the argument that he's the only one with a losing record slide

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •