Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

To win the last game you have to have a star who can play up to the big game

Who are those guys?

We know these:
    LeBron (maybe/maybe not at 38)
    Curry
    Kawhi
    Giannis

Who is next?

Anthony Edwards

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Who are those guys?

We know these:
    LeBron (maybe/maybe not at 38)
    Curry
    Kawhi
    Giannis

Who is next?
    one of those guys is not like the others lol... That being said Buckets/Doncic/durant/dame come to mind. Embiid and joker just cant be on this list because centers in todays nba are easier to shut down to a point in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Anthony Edwards
    That's a pretty big projection, but he looks like he might be.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    one of those guys is not like the others lol... That being said Buckets/Doncic/durant/dame come to mind. Embiid and joker just cant be on this list because centers in todays nba are easier to shut down to a point in the playoffs.
    Doncic I can agree with.
    Durant should be there
    Has Dame shown up big in playoff games?
    Butler goes invisible when the game is big too often for me to have that faith in him.

Embiid/Joker is tough ... they are both incredible, but you are right. Was Shaq the last dominant center to win a ring?

Doncic I can agree with.
    Durant should be there
    Butler goes invisible when the game is big too often for me to have that faith in him.

Embiid/Joker is tough ... they are both incredible, but you are right. Was Shaq the last dominant center to win a ring?
    Duncan was essentially a Center.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Duncan was essentially a Center.
    Not a traditional one that is the center of the offense, back to the basket banger. But he did occur to me. I don't know why they listed him as a 4.
    Last edited by Scoots; 06-27-2022 at 11:15 AM.

Not a traditional one that is the center of the offense, back to the basket banger. But he did occur to me. I don't know why they listed him as a 4.
    The mention was dominant rather than traditional though, right?

I don't think Jokic or Embiid fit the mold of back to the basket banger either.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    LeBron right? He's the only one with a losing record when playing that last game.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

He was a center, but since he played with David Robinson they had to call one a PF. Same way Sampson/Olajuwon are called PF or C from those Rockets. I mean, a 7ft4 power forward is quite ridiculous, yet here we are.

"Positionless" basketball that emerged in Europe in the early 2000s didn't really hit the NBA until the mid 2010s with the exception of a few teams that played small ball. It's not really positionless but it's let's say more progressive than the traditional concept of PG, SG, SF, PF, C. It was mostly a three guard system with a stretch forward and a PF/C kind of player.

Playing two centers is always considered irregular, even in a "positionless" era but the term doesn't even allow much room for this. I mean, it's the center. There's supposed to be just one. But why Duncan wasn't 'converted' into a center later on is a mystery. I mean they even called DeJuan Blair the center when Duncan was around.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    LeBron right? He's the only one with a losing record when playing that last game.
    Didn't even think about that.

Doncic I can agree with.
    Durant should be there

This has to be a joke right?

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Sadly I donít think so. I feel like other than headlines, not much is known about other teams.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    No. I haven't seen many Portland playoff games. I don't know why, just hasn't happened. Probably in part because I don't live in the PST so the games go really late.

On Dame, 8 of his 11 playoff series for his career he shot .411 or worse, never shot over .500, and been in the 300s 4 times ... don't know that I'd say that's coming up big. For comparison Curry has shot under .411 for a playoff series 4 times out of 26 series, been over .500 5 times and never under .402.

Shooting doesn't tell the whole story, and like I said I haven't watched much of Dame in the playoffs, thus asking the question.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast