Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Get Leon Rose out of here

Rose clearly wanted Ivey, but didn't want to give up much to get him. He has hired a coach who is anti tanking and will not put the team in a better position to get that guy at the top of the draft

Now he's trading for conditional picks , signing meh free agents.

Rose has no direction.. He is stealing money and he needs to go. Perry, Thibs and the rest of these guys can go as well. Thibs and Rose played a bunch of vets forever to end up with a pick they didn't want.

Quote Originally Posted by Praise_Di_Yute View Post
    Rose clearly wanted Ivey, but didn't want to give up much to get him. He has hired a coach who is anti tanking and will not put the team in a better position to get that guy at the top of the draft

Now he's trading for conditional picks , signing meh free agents.

Rose has no direction.. He is stealing money and he needs to go. Perry, Thibs and the rest of these guys can go as well. Thibs and Rose played a bunch of vets forever to end up with a pick they didn't want.
    Agree. We have no blueprint, vision or strategy. Last guy who had that was Phil Jackson. His vision was outdated and his execution was embarrassing. But at least he was trying to build to a vision.

The people like Leon Rose, Mills and Isiah - they just want to chase the next shiny thing. They don't have a ****ing clue how to put together a working roster. Rose promised an youth movement then hired Thibs. Paid a bunch of vets multi year deals and every single one has backfired. I can handle being a bad team if we are really coaching up the youth and tanking. But this pretentious win now pile of dog crap and increasing opportunity cost of not developing the youth is pathetic AF.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

I'm in my mid-40s. I've seen a couple of good Knicks teams. Ones much better than this one. I've never seen one with more young talent or draft picks accumulated in upcoming years. I think Isiah was right. Knicks fans are not willing to rebuild

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I'm in my mid-40s. I've seen a couple of good Knicks teams. Ones much better than this one. I've never seen one with more young talent or draft picks accumulated in upcoming years. I think Isiah was right. Knicks fans are not willing to rebuild
    I am definitely willing to rebuild. But I don't think we are doing that? Leon Rose himself said he is looking to be more active in the FA.
    And we all know how bad he is at that.

Having assets is great. Squandering them in FA not great. The opportunity cost of a lotto pick is also pretty high.

What if 10 of our 22 picks turned into Kyrie?

Look I question some of Rose's moves as well.

But in the last 20yrs. We have never been in this position where we have financial flexibility, draft capital, and good young prospects.

Just relax

Quote Originally Posted by THE MTL View Post

But in the last 20yrs. We have never been in this position where we have financial flexibility, draft capital, and good young prospects.

Just relax
    Rose had all of those last off season. He ****ed up. Now we are wasting resources to regain flexibility so he can star**** again.
    I am a Knicks fan, been there done that.

I don't like Rose as much as the next guy. I probably actually hate him more than most of ya. But the problem with the Knicks lack of direction is partly due to impatience of the fans and owner anyways. I think Rose does have a plan, my worry is if he would stick to it.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    I don't like Rose as much as the next guy. I probably actually hate him more than most of ya. But the problem with the Knicks lack of direction is partly due to impatience of the fans and owner anyways. I think Rose does have a plan, my worry is if he would stick to it.

I am not seeing the evidence of a plan? Why hire Thibs to develop the youth? Why trade first rounders to dump salaries that come off next year? No those are short term thinking moves. You can't rebuild with Thibs at the helm. Why not fire the guy?

Quote Originally Posted by callmeDro View Post
    I am not seeing the evidence of a plan? Why hire Thibs to develop the youth? Why trade first rounders to dump salaries that come off next year? No those are short term thinking moves. You can't rebuild with Thibs at the helm. Why not fire the guy?

I never said he had a good plan but I think he does have a plan.

1. I personally don't know if his plan was ever to develop the youth. Thibs plays guys who can play. He won't allow guys who are talented to work out their kinks in game action but guys like Quickley show he plays young guys too. Toppin vs Quickley is very clear about the type of coach Thibs is. And honestly it isn't the worst thing. We allowed Knox to play a lot of minutes and figure things out, and he got progressively worst every year. Toppin has made improvements under Thibs and so did Quick. He chose Thibs to see who can play here and who cannot. I don't like him throwing Thibs under the bus last year when I think the failure was more his bad roster construction than Thibs, but I still have no problem with Thibs as our HC. You see flashes of brilliance from our young guys and already are ready to anoint them and give them a lot of playing but I think that's a bad idea. There's a reason many young rebuilding teams never become good. Yes some guys show up and get air time and big contracts but the team sucks.

2. I also never said his plan was to rebuild and I don't think his moves so far were to rebuild. His moves are to be competitive and hopefully get a playoff spot, even if a bubble spot. He didn't like the guys at 11 so traded it to get assets, and then used some to clear Kemba contract (I hate this move btw because you made a bad move worst in doing so) but it is a plan. He wants to have assets to either go after a star (Kyrie, DMitch, etc) or go after someone like Brunson or Murray or etc.

Again, never said it was a good plan but I think he has a plan/direction. He wants us to be mediocre with potential for great. Which honestly after 30+ years is an improvement

Quote Originally Posted by THE MTL View Post

Just relax
    Finacial flexibility to hand out long term deals to meh players. That is what Leon is selling with his vet loving coach

If you get rid of Rose and keep World Wide Wes but get rid of Thibs then you can start your rebuild in the right way

Quote Originally Posted by Praise_Di_Yute View Post
    Finacial flexibility to hand out long term deals to meh players. That is what Leon is selling with his vet loving coach
    Look we don't know about Brunson yet. I don't think we get anyway. Mavs will resign.

Quote Originally Posted by callmeDro View Post
    Rose had all of those last off season. He ****ed up. Now we are wasting resources to regain flexibility so he can star**** again.
    I am a Knicks fan, been there done that.

What resources did we waste? We traded 11th pick and netted us 3 Firsts and the protection on those picks eventually decrease to 1-9 by 2025.

Not yet, but getting close.

If Thibs doesn’t make adjustments this year, he definitely needs to go.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Not yet, but getting close.

If Thibs doesn’t make adjustments this year, he definitely needs to go.
    He should have been fired after this past season but I understand why we didn't with him one year removed from COY.

This year though he gots to go if he does that same crap

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast