Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Such an overrated player because DET let him shoot a million times. This is a fair price for him but people will act shocked because he scored 20 on horrific efficiency.

I really worry that this will be Charlie V and Ben Gordon all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    I really worry that this will be Charlie V and Ben Gordon all over again.
    Believe you guys are in range to open up two max slots for Ayton and Miles Bridges. Draft Ivey #5

Cade
    Ivey
    Bey
    Bridges
    Ayton

Obviously Phoenix or CHA could match but their owners are cheap

I kinda like it for both teams. Supposedly Grant is going into the trade exemption they have. Not sure how that impacts their spending this summer though.

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Believe you guys are in range to open up two max slots for Ayton and Miles Bridges. Draft Ivey #5

Cade
    Ivey
    Bey
    Bridges
    Ayton

That is the element that worries me. Especially if they swing and miss, it could really open up the mediocre doors all over again.

They could also pivot I suppose and take on **** contracts for extra picks too.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I kinda like it for both teams. Supposedly Grant is going into the trade exemption they have. Not sure how that impacts their spending this summer though.
    My guess is it's one of those sitations where it doesn't get processed right away and it turns into a bunch of official transactions once guys can sign.

So like Portland finalizes their FA signings on day 2 or something, then this trade is executed day 2 and Detroit finalizes their FA signings in day 3.
    Last edited by crewfan13; 06-22-2022 at 07:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    My guess is it's one of those sitations where it doesn't get processed right away and it turns into a bunch of official transactions once guys can sign.
    If my memory serves me this has to be done in the current league year. Once it flips I donít think Grants new salary fits into PORís TPE anymore.

When did Portland get the tpe? They usually expire a year after they are created. So if it's from their deadline deals, they should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post

Cade
    Ivey
    Bey
    Bridges
    Ayton

Replace Ivey with Johnny Davis and thatís a nice team

Grant in Portland he can be that #2 beside Lillard so I actually like this trade

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Grant in Portland he can be that #2 beside Lillard so I actually like this trade
    Grant is not better than CJ who they traded and never got anywhere with. This does not move the needle for them at all

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Grant is a 3rd/4th option at best. The hope is for Simons to develop into that #2

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Unless whoever they get in FA and/or in trade for the #7 pick is better than C.J., if we were going to mortgage our future 1st for a win now player anyway, why trade C.J. at all let alone for a bag of peanuts? We got almost nothing back in our trades and lost not only C.J., but Norman Powell, Covington, and Larry Nance Jr.

Imagine Dame back with Jerami Grant and Anfernee Simons, but we also have CJ, Powell, Covington, and Larry Nance Jr.?

That seems way better than Dame, Grant, Simons, and the #7 pick.

We'll see what Portland can trade the #7 pick for, or if they can make a splash in Free Agency, but I don't see why they did the trades.

Obviously, if they could somehow add Beal, LaVine, Ayton or Dort things start to look better.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast