Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    How do you figure
    Cheap owner, back door sad coach hiring ... that team is going to prioritize profits over winning. Who are the veteran leaders on that team? Oubre? Rozier? They are looking to move on from Hayward. Plumlee is on his last year and has little left. Bouknight and Washington have shown some promise but there is a long way to go. Bridges supposedly wants a lot more money than they want to pay. It's basically LaMelo who I am not totally sold on and a whole bunch of projection on youth. They certainly are not setup to contend next year, and probably not the year after that, and then LaMelo's contract is up ... is he going to stay on a team that isn't ready to win now? Is he just waiting to force his way to LA?

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Cheap owner, back door sad coach hiring ... that team is going to prioritize profits over winning. Who are the veteran leaders on that team? Oubre? Rozier? They are looking to move on from Hayward. Plumlee is on his last year and has little left. Bouknight and Washington have shown some promise but there is a long way to go. Bridges supposedly wants a lot more money than they want to pay. It's basically LaMelo who I am not totally sold on and a whole bunch of projection on youth. They certainly are not setup to contend next year, and probably not the year after that, and then LaMelo's contract is up ... is he going to stay on a team that isn't ready to win now? Is he just waiting to force his way to LA?
    I mean LaMelo is from LA but then so was Lonzo and look at how that turned out. If I'm LaMelo, I would stay away from the Lakers after the way they did Lonzo

Miles Bridges is more than welcome to come home if he wants.

I mean LaMelo is from LA but then so was Lonzo and look at how that turned out. If I'm LaMelo, I would stay away from the Lakers after the way they did Lonzo
    Okay, but regardless of where he goes do you think he stays in Charlotte if he's their best player and sees them not building around him?

And just on LaMelo, do you think he's got a lot more growth he's going to do or is he going to plateau around where he is now?

Okay, but regardless of where he goes do you think he stays in Charlotte if he's their best player and sees them not building around him?

And just on LaMelo, do you think he's got a lot more growth he's going to do or is he going to plateau around where he is now?
    Beal has… money talks. He may be fine with it as long as they keep max’ing him.

He is what he is.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    Beal has… money talks. He may be fine with it as long as they keep max’ing him.

He is what he is.
    He might stay, but the Hornets are notoriously cheap and LaMelo seems like the sort to care a lot about his legacy and not just the money.

He might stay, but the Hornets are notoriously cheap and LaMelo seems like the sort to care a lot about his legacy and not just the money.
    Everybody does until the contract is on the table in front of them. Only thing I think makes him go is if he’s after a larger market for media purposes which I could easily see knowing the family goals.

Everybody does until the contract is on the table in front of them. Only thing I think makes him go is if he’s after a larger market for media purposes which I could easily see knowing the family goals.
    Right. So if MJ gets an offer of a few 1st round picks and some roster filler from the Lakers in a couple years for LeMelo vs him signing a player to a 5 year $200M+ contract ... it would surprise me if he keeps LeMelo.

Right. So if MJ gets an offer of a few 1st round picks and some roster filler from the Lakers in a couple years for LeMelo vs him signing a player to a 5 year $200M+ contract ... it would surprise me if he keeps LeMelo.
    MJ won’t move him. He needs him to make money marketing him and be just competitive enough. MJ will be cheap with everyone else. LeMelo likely only leaves if he wants a major market but like Beal I expect him to keep getting that MAX money.

MJ won’t move him. He needs him to make money marketing him and be just competitive enough. MJ will be cheap with everyone else. LeMelo likely only leaves if he wants a major market but like Beal I expect him to keep getting that MAX money.
    Could be.

Plus why would LaMelo leave Charlotte when he's the face of that franchise now? Plus the team is built around him

Plus why would LaMelo leave Charlotte when he's the face of that franchise now? Plus the team is built around him
    Some people want to win.

Chet is actually looking pretty good in Summer League. Holding his own against Cockburn who is probably about as good as there was in college in the post last year. Very impressed so far. Obviously it's not NBA level competition but he looks really good which is what you're supposed to do if you're drafted that high.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    Chet is actually looking pretty good in Summer League. Holding his own against Cockburn who is probably about as good as there was in college in the post last year. Very impressed so far. Obviously it's not NBA level competition but he looks really good which is what you're supposed to do if you're drafted that high.
    Chet has a ton of skills and BBIQ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Chet has a ton of skills and BBIQ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I still think he's got the highest bust potential, but honestly he's got the highest ceiling of the top guys in this draft. Could be a quicker Dirk with much better defense. But even Dirk wasn't that slight of frame.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast