Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 126
  1. #106
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    14,916
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Rama View Post
    Gonna need you to make a doomsday post every time the Yankees are losing from now on. Every time you do it they seem to come back and win. Let me be the first to thank you, and the very first to demand that you continue to do it!
    seconded

  2. #107
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    14,916
    we played 9 games against what was at the start of those series, the 2 teams that were closest to us in the division.

    We went 7-2, we now have a 12 game lead over the 2nd place Jays and our now 14 games up over the now 4th place Rays.

    Judge was incredible, but Trevino is the guy that won that game for us. Monty was struggling with the bases loaded and that pick off throw took the Rays out of the game. Great tag by JD also. Then Trevi hits a 2 run bomb to take the lead. What an acquisition he has been

  3. #108
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    14,916
    Forgot to mention this earlier, but King and Holmes were absolutely filthy tonight, especially King. Those 2 are the best young setup/ closer duo I've seen in a long, long time

    Not this yr because heís way to valuable in his role now, but in the future I'd sure like to see King get a chance as a starter. With the velo bump on both FB, a plus change up and the wicked breaking ball he learned from Kluber, he's got the stuff to be a very, very good starter. If the velo and movement could hold, I think he has the stuff to be a 2,3 type

    With Taillon likely gone that leaves 1 rotation spot and about 7-8 guys that could take that spot.

  4. #109
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    14,916
    @BryanHoch

    1h
    Jose Trevino should be an All-Star, Aaron Boone said.

    Trevino's response: "I want to win a championship."

    awesome

  5. #110
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    43,257
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    seconded
    Could he be the Anti-mush?



    Ignorance is bliss

  6. #111
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    43,257
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    @BryanHoch

    1h
    Jose Trevino should be an All-Star, Aaron Boone said.

    Trevino's response: "I want to win a championship."

    awesome
    I love that!! I absolutely love that. That is the comment I like to hear, anytime a player is asked that question.



    Ignorance is bliss

  7. #112
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    43,257
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Forgot to mention this earlier, but King and Holmes were absolutely filthy tonight, especially King. Those 2 are the best young setup/ closer duo I've seen in a long, long time

    Not this yr because heís way to valuable in his role now, but in the future I'd sure like to see King get a chance as a starter. With the velo bump on both FB, a plus change up and the wicked breaking ball he learned from Kluber, he's got the stuff to be a very, very good starter. If the velo and movement could hold, I think he has the stuff to be a 2,3 type

    With Taillon likely gone that leaves 1 rotation spot and about 7-8 guys that could take that spot.
    Damn dude!!! Scared the hell out of me. I didn't know you meant next year!! I was like, "WTF happened to Taliion?? Did his elbow go?"

    It is really exciting to know they have that many arms. I wouldn't be too sure he's gone. I wouldn't overpay for him but Cole and he are great friends. He's be 31 at the end of the year. Maybe a 2-3 year deal for 20 per, with tons of incentives? I don't know if he takes it but I think it's a very fair offer for him.
    Then again, if you have the arms for cheaper, why pay?



    Ignorance is bliss

  8. #113
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    21,619
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Forgot to mention this earlier, but King and Holmes were absolutely filthy tonight, especially King. Those 2 are the best young setup/ closer duo I've seen in a long, long time

    Not this yr because heís way to valuable in his role now, but in the future I'd sure like to see King get a chance as a starter. With the velo bump on both FB, a plus change up and the wicked breaking ball he learned from Kluber, he's got the stuff to be a very, very good starter. If the velo and movement could hold, I think he has the stuff to be a 2,3 type

    With Taillon likely gone that leaves 1 rotation spot and about 7-8 guys that could take that spot.
    They will never top Stanton, Nellie and Mo. Or Nellie, Stanton and Mo.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night


  9. #114
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    21,619
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Forgot to mention this earlier, but King and Holmes were absolutely filthy tonight, especially King. Those 2 are the best young setup/ closer duo I've seen in a long, long time

    Not this yr because heís way to valuable in his role now, but in the future I'd sure like to see King get a chance as a starter. With the velo bump on both FB, a plus change up and the wicked breaking ball he learned from Kluber, he's got the stuff to be a very, very good starter. If the velo and movement could hold, I think he has the stuff to be a 2,3 type

    With Taillon likely gone that leaves 1 rotation spot and about 7-8 guys that could take that spot.

    Taillon will get resigned. Yankees worked too hard to get him to this point and donít want the RedSox or Dodgers reaping the benefits.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night


  10. #115
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    43,257
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    They will never top Stanton, Nellie and Mo. Or Nellie, Stanton and Mo.
    Never say never.
    Have you looked at their stats? Neither were very good in 98 but they were both good in 2001. Same with Nelson


    Right now, both Holmes and King are better than that crew ever were. That could change quickly but as of today, they are statistically superior to any combo of 2 out of the 3 you mentioned



    Ignorance is bliss

  11. #116
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    26,343
    The Yankees have had a ridiculously good crop of RPs over the years. Mo, Soriano, D-Rob, Betances, Chapman, Britton, Andrew Miller, and now Holmes. Then they even got extremely high level seasons out of guys like Joba and Hughes as well from the bullpen.

  12. #117
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    43,257
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    The Yankees have had a ridiculously good crop of RPs over the years. Mo, Soriano, D-Rob, Betances, Chapman, Britton, Andrew Miller, and now Holmes. Then they even got extremely high level seasons out of guys like Joba and Hughes as well from the bullpen.
    Boone is a flat out fool if he moves Holmes. Make Chappy your 7th-8th inning guy, if that. See how he pitches before giving him the close spot.

    I can't conceive the rational behind Chappy getting the closer job back with the way Holmes and king are pitching.

    It is beyond stupid to just give him that role.



    Ignorance is bliss

  13. #118
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cold Spring, NY
    Posts
    6,406
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    monty does not have it 2 home runs allowed second inning yanks down 3-0 looks like the yanks will lose this series..

    Looks like you are wrong AGAIN. Yanks won the series. Games are not 2 innings. WHY must you do this?
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

  14. #119
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cold Spring, NY
    Posts
    6,406
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    with a loss today yanks will have lost 3 out of 4 games with the hot astros coming up 4 game series i am not optimistic...

    You are driving me nuts. WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU? Do you not understand how baseball works?
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

  15. #120
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cold Spring, NY
    Posts
    6,406
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Rama View Post
    Gonna need you to make a doomsday post every time the Yankees are losing from now on. Every time you do it they seem to come back and win. Let me be the first to thank you, and the very first to demand that you continue to do it!

    Great now we have to encourage this clown. LOL
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •