Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    No, he does ho-hos and twinkles. I do pancakes and rice. I think I'm being racially profile.
    Last edited by WES445; 06-27-2022 at 10:41 PM.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

But we aren't as good as the republicans in finding things offensive and banning them.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by bigfishguy85 View Post
    You cherry picked one poll to support your narrative. What’s different? Oh, right, you’re a liberal… it’s ok for you to do it.
    Adorable.

I bet he got that constipated look while typing.

"You're a liberal or You liberals"

How many time have we heard that sentiment in various guise with scorn, here?

Will Rogers

I think you're confused. Liberals are the ones always changing their minds on deciding for everybody what's offensive.
    Maybe if youre 15.

Truth is both sides do it. Traditionally Conservatives are the ones that hold the power to get things removed from Society. They were the ones that took down artists for saying things they didnt like.

**** remember the Iraq war?

"Its unamerican to criticize a president during wartime".

That was the fox mantra.

Catholic church would literally announce what shows were blasphemous every week by Donahue.

Bill O Reilly lost Ludacris 100 million because of his misogynistic lyrics.

Republicans and especial fundamentalist Christians were the absolute worst.

Point is everyone is always trying to cancel someone. Without a doubt these overly sensitive far lefties have gone way too far. But the right is just as sensitive and use to do the same ****.

Then again, people like you decided pancakes and rice are offensive. Why am I even trying to have a rational conversation with you?
    You're upset that the changed the picture of the guy on a box of rice.

"It is a grotesque parody of the bazaar at Marrakech, as if dumb animals had been granted only the amount of sentience required to mock humanity."

Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    You're upset that the changed the picture of the guy on a box of rice.
    Nate. First they take you syrup....

Next... YOUR FREEDOMMMM

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Anyone who hasnt seen this movie is blocked till you fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    Nate. First they take you syrup....

Next... YOUR FREEDOMMMM
    They may take our lives, but they'll never take our Mrs. Butterworth.

"It is a grotesque parody of the bazaar at Marrakech, as if dumb animals had been granted only the amount of sentience required to mock humanity."

I think this is a more complex issue than tucker would have you all believe.

Society, and specifically the historically marginalized groups, has been more willing to fight against explicit, and more importantly.....implicit, racism. The rise of social media and the internet over the last 2 decades has made that fight a little easier because awareness isn't kept in the shadows anymore.

Just because some GQP talking heads have found a way to twist it (calling it "wokeness") doesn't take away from it's merits and it's necessity. Sure, something like a syrup label seems insignificant, but it's those kind of implicitly racist things that keep the status quo over long periods of time. These are the things that CRT try to address (in college btw....).

I also have always wondered why the GQP hangs their hat on the term "woke". They use it so often when describing "cancel culture", whatever that means. My guess is that:

- The term woke started in the black community (https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-b1790787.html). It's not a stretch to say that the GQP have hijacked the term to create a negative association with it.

Also, what do posters in here define the term "woke" as? It seems like a variation of the word "awake" or "awoken". To me this means to be alert and aware of what is going on around you. Does the GQP hate the term because they reject the idea that such awareness is even a thing? Do they believe we've been aware of things all along? If so, are they admitting that they were okay with awareness, but wanted people to stay quiet about it? I'm really curious.

Also, cancel culture is not a thing. There is no leader or committee that decides who is disliked. When someone becomes undesirable, it is because of a choice they made that resulted in people no longer liking them. It's like a weird popularity thing akin to high school age social dynamics. Celebrities, or anyone in the public eye, have done something to become well known (or popular, if we're going with the analogy). Then that person does something that many deem to be.....douchey (for lack of a better term). Then the minority who support douchey things scream "cancel culture!". My guess is that the term cancel culture is being popularized as a sort of "get out of jail free" card for people who do or say unlikable things. Given the capitalist, free market we have, it only makes sense that someone's financial situation will be impacted when there is negative public opinion. Companies don't want to take the financial hit that comes with associating themselves with that figure. Which brings out more hypocrisy in the GQP. They defend billionaires, low taxes, free markets, capitalism, etc. so much but when the gears of capitalism are turning against them, they scream.

I guess that's the GQP way: things are only bad when it doesn't benefit them, no matter what hypocrisy is surfaced as a result of their whining.
    Last edited by nyyfan555; 06-28-2022 at 07:59 AM.

More complex than Tucker would have one believe? He preaches to the single brain celled organisms...so that sounds likely.
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    the delays of the courts needs to end at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    And if people got **** counsel, well they had to die so the court could move faster…but tell me again how pro-life you are!
    I was told there would be pro-life! Not pro-death!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456