Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Democracy Dies in Dumbness

https://twitter.com/billmaher/status...zs3oRbpCWzYZJQ

Bill Maher nails it again and explains what’s wrong with today’s journalism

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It seems it’s once again time for me to remind everyone that Bill Maher believes in his mind that he’s George Carlin…but sir you are no George Carlin.

Carlin firmly believed it was his job to punch up not down.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    It seems it’s once again time for me to remind everyone that Bill Maher believes in his mind that he’s George Carlin…but sir you are no George Carlin.

Carlin firmly believed it was his job to punch up not down.
    Agree. He is to self-centered and full of himself to every touch Carlin.

It sold papers by manufacturing outrage, what else is new? Maher has been complaining about jokes being attacked for being non-PC for two decades since it is his bread and butter.

I can see his appeal to those who have no guard-rail for jokes, like a Trump. He is a Libertarian at least the last time I checked ten years ago.
    Last edited by WES445; 06-18-2022 at 12:12 PM.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Education is ****!

OP is certainly the poster child when it comes to dumb Americans.

I didnt finish it all as I couldnt really care for some of his jokes he made though I would agree that the situation he described is an overreaction and poor management on WSJ.

I can't wait until Maher's take on Joe falling off his bike. Its amazing how Putin was responsible for that also per the Comatose one.

If you work for a major newspaper, you have to have a bit more discretion in respect to retweeting jokes. Just an FYI, ones that stereotype all women as either bisexual or bipolar is going to get **** in return. I agree the female journalist took it too far in her response but they're both wrong.
    Last edited by metswon69; 06-18-2022 at 08:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    If you work for a major newspaper, you have to have a bit more discretion in respect to retweeting jokes. Just an FYI, ones that stereotype all women as either bisexual or bipolar is going to get **** in return. I agree the female journalist took it too far in her response but they're both wrong.
    Yea considering that platform is used a lot in their daily work, using that professional account to retweet is a bit much. If he did it on a personal account (even if public), I wpuldnt have a problem.

Unfortunate situation as she ended up being fired and hes suspended for a month.

Libertarian comedians are usually the last people to talk to on a subject like this. His politics and his profession stand on the belief that people should be able to say whatever they want, whenever they want without repercussion. Well, life doesn't work that way especially when you work for and represent a multi million dollar conglomerate like WAPO.

She understands that too now because she's out of a job.

Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Prey View Post
    I can't wait until Maher's take on Joe falling off his bike. Its amazing how Putin was responsible for that also per the Comatose one.
    Whereas my view on Maher hasn't really changed. I didn't particularly care what he has to say when he was supposedly liberal and I don't particularly care what he has to say now that he's supposedly conservative.
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    the delays of the courts needs to end at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    And if people got **** counsel, well they had to die so the court could move faster…but tell me again how pro-life you are!
    I was told there would be pro-life! Not pro-death!

If you work for a major newspaper, you have to have a bit more discretion in respect to retweeting jokes.
    Why am I not surprised at this take?

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Why am I not surprised at this take?
    Looking for someone to argue with after midnight? Aren't you the same guy who thinks its okay to slap comedians over jokes? You seem to fit that triggered crowd to a tee given that take. Yeah people in those professions need to have some discretion over what they put out there in respect to jokes, especially when they represent a large conglomerate that has 19 million followers on social media and plenty of people who read their paper both written and online.
    Last edited by metswon69; 06-19-2022 at 12:49 AM.

Looking for someone to argue with after midnight? Aren't you the same guy who thinks its okay to slap comedians over jokes? You seem to fit that triggered crowd to a tee given that take. Yeah people need to have some discretion over what they put out there, especially when they represent a large conglomerate that has 19 million followers on social media and plenty of people who read their paper both written and online.
    Says the guy looking for an argument after midnight.

"Thinks it is okay to slap comedians after a joke"? WTF are you talking about, you ****ing ******?

No, I just found it predictably you to completely ignore the actual problem in the scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Says the guy looking for an argument after midnight.

Thinks it is okay to slap comedians after a joke? WTF are you taking about, you ****ing ******?

No, I just found it predictably you to completely ignore the actual problem in the scenario.
    Not really. I think it should be fairly common sense that you leave potentially controversial jokes to yourself when you're in a profession like that. He should have known it wouldn't go over well if it got any legitimate exposure and not surprisingly it didn't.

Are you going to tell me that you didn't sit there and tell everyone you thought it was okay for Will Smith to slap Chris Rock over a joke? You really should consider putting down the bottle and the sleeping pills. Its doing a number to your already feeble brain.

I didn't ignore it. I said the female journalist took it too far and I don't see a problem with WAPO firing her for being so public with it. I don't agree with Bill Maher's stance though.
    Last edited by metswon69; 06-19-2022 at 01:00 AM.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast