Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    What I want to see out of my top 10 players is a decade of dominance. They owned their era. That's why to me rings and all-nba teams reign supreme. There are no phonies when you used those categories. Here is a list of all the players with 3 or more rings and 10 or more all-nba teams:

MJ
    LeBron
    Kareem
    Kobe
    Duncan
    Russell
    Magic
    Bird
    Shaq
    Havlicek
    Cousy

Where is the fraud?

Who is knocking on the door to the top 10?
    Curry (4 rings and 8x all nba)
    Durant (2 rings and 10x all nba)

Personally I bump Cousy and Havlicek and I put Curry in the top tier because his 2x league mvps put him in a different level of dominance for his decade.
    While I think it's a decent place to start, there's a lot of context around rings and circumstances.

I think most would agree Kareem individually dominated the 70's far more than he individually dominated the 80's, but he only got 1 ring during that time. Wilt isn't on that list simply because he faced the superior Celtics, but he won more MVPs and made more All-NBA 1st teams than Russell during that time. Durant is only close to that barometer because he joined the best team in the league to get them (and just to appease the usual suspects), LeBron is only above that threshold because he stacked the Heat with Wade and Bosh.

1. MJ
    2. Lebron
    3. KAJ
    4. Wilt
    5. Duncan
    6. Shaq
    7. Bird
    8. Hakeem
    9. Curry
    10. Magic

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112