Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 128
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    16,983

    Yankees @ Blue Jays June 17-19

    Yankees and the Blue Jays meet in MLB action from Rogers Centre in an AL East division matchup.

    The Yankees will look to build on their seven-game winning streak after a 2-1 win over Tampa Bay in Thursday’s series finale. Aaron Judge leads the Yankees with 25 home runs and 49 RBIs along with 72 hits and a .310 batting average in addition to 10 doubles while Giancarlo Stanton has 48 hits with 13 home runs and 40 RBIs. DJ LeMahieu and Anthony Rizzo also each have 10+ doubles so far this season, with Rizzo logging 16 home runs and 43 RBIs. Jordan Montgomery will start here and is 2-1 with a 2.70 ERA and 51 strikeouts this season.

    The Blue Jays will try to bounce back after settling for the split with Baltimore after a 10-2 loss to Baltimore last time out. Bo Bichette leads the Blue Jays with 69 hits including 15 doubles, 10 home runs and 33 RBIs while Vladimir Guerrero Jr. has a team-high 16 home runs with 39 RBIs and George Springer has 12 home runs with 33 RBIs as well this season. Santiago Espinal has 64 hits with a team-high 18 doubles and a .292 batting average on the year. Ross Stripling will get the start here and is 3-1 with a 3.14 ERA and 35 strikeouts this season.

    Fri, Jun 17 • 7:07 PM EDT

    Jordan Montgomery
    LHP
    2-1, 2.70 ERA, 51 SO

    Ross Stripling
    RHP
    3-1, 3.14 ERA, 35 SO

    Sat, Jun 18 • 3:07 PM EDT

    Jameson Taillon
    RHP
    7-1, 2.93 ERA, 52 SO

    Alek Manoah
    RHP
    8-1, 1.67 ERA, 68 SO

    Sun, Jun 19 • 1:37 PM EDT

    Gerrit Cole
    RHP
    6-1, 3.33 ERA, 91 SO

    Yusei Kikuchi
    LHP
    2-3, 4.80 ERA, 56 SO

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    44,092
    Who would have thought that at this point in the season, Cole would have the worst ERA of the starters.

    Nestor
    Monty
    Sevy
    Tallion
    Cole



    Ignorance is bliss

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    16,983
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Who would have thought that at this point in the season, Cole would have the worst ERA of the starters.

    Nestor
    Monty
    Sevy
    Tallion
    Cole
    Posada.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    44,092
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Posada.
    Lol. Great point!

    Just don't say that name 3 times in a row.



    Ignorance is bliss

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    5,764
    this is a huge psychological series for both teams. we are playing the hot jays and if the yanks can win this series it is lights out for the jays and anyone else who gets in our way.. but if we lose this series it opens to door to just a little bit of doubt...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cold Spring, NY
    Posts
    6,526
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    this is a huge psychological series for both teams. we are playing the hot jays and if the yanks can win this series it is lights out for the jays and anyone else who gets in our way.. but if we lose this series it opens to door to just a little bit of doubt...

    LMAO Only for you and Nicky Why would losing this series cast a doubt
    Last edited by YANKSGUY; 06-17-2022 at 12:25 PM.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    16,983
    [QUOTE=YANKSGUY;34386192]LMAO Only for you and Nicky Why would losing this series cast a doubt[/QUOTE]

    Excellent question!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    22,191
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Yankees and the Blue Jays meet in MLB action from Rogers Centre in an AL East division matchup.

    The Yankees will look to build on their seven-game winning streak after a 2-1 win over Tampa Bay in Thursday’s series finale. Aaron Judge leads the Yankees with 25 home runs and 49 RBIs along with 72 hits and a .310 batting average in addition to 10 doubles while Giancarlo Stanton has 48 hits with 13 home runs and 40 RBIs. DJ LeMahieu and Anthony Rizzo also each have 10+ doubles so far this season, with Rizzo logging 16 home runs and 43 RBIs. Jordan Montgomery will start here and is 2-1 with a 2.70 ERA and 51 strikeouts this season.

    The Blue Jays will try to bounce back after settling for the split with Baltimore after a 10-2 loss to Baltimore last time out. Bo Bichette leads the Blue Jays with 69 hits including 15 doubles, 10 home runs and 33 RBIs while Vladimir Guerrero Jr. has a team-high 16 home runs with 39 RBIs and George Springer has 12 home runs with 33 RBIs as well this season. Santiago Espinal has 64 hits with a team-high 18 doubles and a .292 batting average on the year. Ross Stripling will get the start here and is 3-1 with a 3.14 ERA and 35 strikeouts this season.

    Fri, Jun 17 • 7:07 PM EDT

    Jordan Montgomery
    LHP
    2-1, 2.70 ERA, 51 SO

    Ross Stripling
    RHP
    3-1, 3.14 ERA, 35 SO

    Sat, Jun 18 • 3:07 PM EDT

    Jameson Taillon
    RHP
    7-1, 2.93 ERA, 52 SO

    Alek Manoah
    RHP
    8-1, 1.67 ERA, 68 SO

    Sun, Jun 19 • 1:37 PM EDT

    Gerrit Cole
    RHP
    6-1, 3.33 ERA, 91 SO

    Yusei Kikuchi
    LHP
    2-3, 4.80 ERA, 56 SO


    A series loss could be a back breaker for the Yankees as the Jays would be starting the chip away process. Yankees need to somehow get 2/3

    Probably just me, YANKSGUY and the Dr remember how the chip away process works.

    1978. Yanks were 14 1/2 back in late July and chipped away and won the East and the WS. That 1978 RedSox team up to that point of that 14 1/2 game lead on the Yankees were probably better than the 76 Reds. But they didn’t take the chip away process more seriously. And their .730 ball went into the toilet and they finished 99-63 before losing to the Yanks in the Bucky Dent game.
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 06-17-2022 at 01:12 PM.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I can’t get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    1,641
    If Yanks win 1 of 3, they are fine.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    15,344
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevemil505 View Post
    If Yanks win 1 of 3, they are fine.
    agreed

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    16,983
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevemil505 View Post
    If Yanks win 1 of 3, they are fine.
    The Yankees are 10 games up in division, they could get swept (not that they will) and still be " fine."

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    626
    I would really like to see them do well against Alek Manoah.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    15,344
    @YankeeMetrics
    ·
    5h
    Luis Severino appears to be fine, but the Yankees should honestly just skip his turn as it’ll help him in the long run in terms of managing his workload

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    15,344
    It's pretty remarkable that we just crossed the 60 game mark and already have a double digit lead. What really makes it special is the Jay's and Rays are 1-2 in the WC and Boston is about a game back for the 3rd WC spot.

    We're not just good, we're destroying a division that has at least 2 other solid playoff teams... beyond impressive

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    22,191
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    The Yankees are 10 games up in division, they could get swept (not that they will) and still be " fine."
    But the chip away process begins.

    Jays looked loose in the dugout during the 10-2 drubbing yesterday, they were smiling giggling as the loss didn’t even faze them. I just worry thst they will be the hot team in Aug and Sept.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I can’t get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night


Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •