Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    You want to eliminate a good size of the population that we all rely upon from equity. I don't want to eliminate anyone. Sorry, I can't ignore folks so easily.
    Explain what you mean by your claim here.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan555 View Post
    How dare you! Musk, Bezos, big pharma, and the rest need to have a 10th vacation home. How un-american of you to suggest that they stop exploiting humans for personal gain.
    What you really do not know about Elon Musk is really amazing. To even put Musk and Big Pharma in the same sentence is laughable. I guess that Edison was un-american also, eh?

BTW in your world, were/are there any great americans and if so who?

The example is a Civic.
    I will give you the benefit of the doubt that you missed that part.
    I didn't. I will give you the benefit of the doubt that you missed my point.

No, this says we treat people differently. In essence you want the caste system here in America. You want unequal treatment of folks. That's morally wrong IMO.
    There's a certain irony in accusing him of wanting the caste system in America as you defend the caste system here in America.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Liberals want everything handed to them
    Liberals want things handed to those that need them. You want those things to go to those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Liberals want things handed to those that need them. You want those things to go to those who don't.
    Well said.

Elon is actually a great example of this, since the right-wingers here can't stop talking about him lately for whatever reason.
    HELLO

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Explain what you mean by your claim here.
    You want certain "benefits" to go only to some and not all. That is not equity. You want the wealthy to not only pay more, have their pay capped, yet ignore that we all benefit from the wealthy.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

I didn't. I will give you the benefit of the doubt that you missed my point.
    You lost another debate to me again. Not a single wealthy person is buying a 100K civic when the rest is paying 25K.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

And for Liberals, everyone has a need that only they can solve.

Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Prey View Post
    BTW in your world, were/are there any great americans and if so who?
    Fauci, Comey, both Clintons, Obama of course, Al Gore, Greta Thunberg, George Soros, Nancy Pelosi, Justin Trudeau, Eugène Delacroix, Michael Dukakis...

That's probably all of them.

"It is a grotesque parody of the bazaar at Marrakech, as if dumb animals had been granted only the amount of sentience required to mock humanity."

You want certain "benefits" to go only to some and not all. That is not equity. You want the wealthy to not only pay more, have their pay capped, yet ignore that we all benefit from the wealthy.
    Equity >>>>> equality.

"It is a grotesque parody of the bazaar at Marrakech, as if dumb animals had been granted only the amount of sentience required to mock humanity."

Benefits should serve those that need them. How on earth do we benefit from the wealthy? Trickle down has shown to not benefit anyone BUT the top 1-2%.

Pay shouldn't be capped. But the more you make (within reason, which is why you tier it out), the more you should pay in taxes, healtcare premiums, etc. To a person making $400k a year, an additional $500 per pay period in medical premiums doesn't impact them in a negative way even close to how much the additional money will in a positive way to someone making $60k a year.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    Fauci, Comey, both Clintons, Obama of course, Al Gore, Greta Thunberg, George Soros, Nancy Pelosi, Justin Trudeau, Eugène Delacroix, Michael Dukakis...

That's probably all of them.
    Delacroix for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Delacroix for sure.
    Who doesn't like half-naked women carrying flags?

Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    Who doesn't like half-naked women carrying flags?
    I always wondered what the guy in the blue shirt was up to…
    Nobody thinks…about anything…ever.

Page 15 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast