Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Nope. It should not be a percentage. It should be a flat fee for insurance just as it is. Why should the higher earners pay more?
    were you the one that proposed the flat tax? Can't remember.

They should pay more, because they earn more., and the impact to them is nothing compared to what it is to the lower earners. Clearly you put brackets in place, but in no world should someone making $70k a year be paying the same medical premiums that someone making $200k a year does. Health care has become insanely expensive, and reduced the take home funds of the middle class, becoming yet another direct shot to the ability of the middle class family to sustain.

Those who are in the top 1-2% of earners should absolutely be paying more across all facets of taxes, healthcare premiums, etc.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Because they can afford to pay more and be at less of a disadvantage. The same exact reason why we have a progressive income tax.
    So no good reason. Perhaps the rich should pay 100K for a Civic instead of 25K.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    were you the one that proposed the flat tax? Can't remember.

They should pay more, because they earn more., and the impact to them is nothing compared to what it is to the lower earners. Clearly you put brackets in place, but in no world should someone making $70k a year be paying the same medical premiums that someone making $200k a year does. Health care has become insanely expensive, and reduced the take home funds of the middle class, becoming yet another direct shot to the ability of the middle class family to sustain.

Those who are in the top 1-2% of earners should absolutely be paying more across all facets of taxes, healthcare premiums, etc.
    I am one of a few that has proposed a flat tax.

I ask you the same about the Civic. Should the rich pay 100K for he car while I pay 25K?
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

I ask you the same about the Civic. Should the rich pay 100K for he car while I pay 25K?
    then it goes along the same lines to a degree.

Of course not, if a higher earner wants to buy a cheap car, great. Chalk that up to a responsible financial decision. Health care is a basic need however, and just like payroll taxes, health care premiums should follow the money.

The impact to a higher earner to bump their premium from $390/check to $500-600/check is minimal compared to what it does for that low earner to see additional money on each check.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Our tax policy should seek to be the most effective with the least impact on taxpayers. A progressive tax structure allows us to provide the most benefit with the least disruption. This is why I support a strong and robust progressive taxation policy.

The simple-minded prefer a flat tax.

Wanting a flat tax when like 40 million people live in poverty, 12 million kids are food insecure, we collectively owe $200 billion in medical debt, 2/3s of Americans live paycheck to paycheck, when wages haven't risen in decades...and so on...well, that's definitely the belief of a simple minded person. I agree.
    HELLO

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    Wanting a flat tax when like 40 million people live in poverty, 12 million kids are food insecure, we collectively owe $200 billion in medical debt, 2/3s of Americans live paycheck to paycheck, when wages haven't risen in decades...and so on...well, that's definitely the belief of a simple minded person. I agree.
    quick correction: the top 2% of earners have seen their wages skyrocket the past 3 decades. The middle class, not at all, and actually it's gone backwards if we factor in inflation.

The rich get richer, the poor get poorer. Damn right it's past time to use taxation, and health care premiums to help right the ship. Unless the 1% are willing to peel back their earnings and accumulated wealth and let the middle class wage jump 15-20% to where is could catch inflation.

They do. When was the last time you saw the vastly wealthy in a 25K car?

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Our tax policy should seek to be the most effective with the least impact on taxpayers. A progressive tax structure allows us to provide the most benefit with the least disruption. This is why I support a strong and robust progressive taxation policy.
    quick correction: the top 2% of earners have seen their wages skyrocket the past 3 decades. The middle class, not at all, and actually it's gone backwards if we factor in inflation.

The rich get richer, the poor get poorer. Damn right it's past time to use taxation, and health care premiums to help right the ship. Unless the 1% are willing to peel back their earnings and accumulated wealth and let the middle class wage jump 15-20% to where is could catch inflation.
    Imagine looking at our tax structure and wealth inequality and coming to the conclusion the system is unfair to the rich.

Okay.

"It is a grotesque parody of the bazaar at Marrakech, as if dumb animals had been granted only the amount of sentience required to mock humanity."

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Imagine looking at our tax structure and wealth inequality and coming to the conclusion the system is unfair to the rich.
    If youíre rich, I could see it. They are the true victims of our economy. Thatís for sure!

Liberals want everything handed to them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who cares? Maybe start your own business or actually get a job that pays rather than whine about it

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Liberals want everything handed to them

I'm going to assume that your presence on this site means you likely aren't in the top 2% so here goes:

Remove your tongue out the crack of the rich white dudes. It's no shock that every person who becomes uber wealthy either shuts up about politics or becomes republican. They've figured out a way to maintain power to change all the rules in the favor of the already wealthy.

Step 1: Talk mostly about cultural issues that have no business in politics (LBGTQ issues, CRT that doesn't exist in primary or secondary schools, the lack of sexiness in M&Ms, and on and on and on)

Step 2: Rile up the base. Tell the base that terrible things will happen to them if they don't "fight like hell" to sAvE tHeIr cOuNtRy.

Step 3: Get voted in

Step 4: Propose a few dumbass bills that keep the base happy (ie. bills like banning CRT in elementary schools, which never existed in the first place)

Step 5: Pass a ton of laws that benefit the ultra wealthy and reap the benefits of advanced knowledge on stocks.

Step 6: Rinse and repeat.

Stop thinking these losers are on your side. They're trying to make you think that you're just as good as they are. You won't even sniff the kind of wealth they hoarde.

Nobody wants handouts. We want a fair playing field. Those who are on the losing end are either:
    - People born into ****** situations
    - People born into ****** situations who were blinded into believing they're just alright by the ruling class (<-- this one is you)

And for the record, there are a considerable chunk of democrats who do this too, except their ******** takes the form of:

The people: "please help our communities"
    Elite democrats: Nope. #BLM #PrideMonth

There are a few progressives who want to even the playing field and those are the ones who should be in charge.

Here's a drawing just in case you're a visual learner:

Last edited by nyyfan555; 06-23-2022 at 07:44 AM.

Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast