Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan555 View Post
    I'm going to assume that your presence on this site means you likely aren't in the top 2% so here goes:

Remove your tongue out the crack of the rich white dudes. It's no shock that every person who becomes uber wealthy either shuts up about politics or becomes republican. They've figured out a way to maintain power to change all the rules in the favor of the already wealthy.

Step 1: Talk mostly about cultural issues that have no business in politics (LBGTQ issues, CRT that doesn't exist in primary or secondary schools, the lack of sexiness in M&Ms, and on and on and on)

Step 2: Rile up the base. Tell the base that terrible things will happen to them if they don't "fight like hell" to sAvE tHeIr cOuNtRy.

Step 3: Get voted in

Step 4: Propose a few dumbass bills that keep the base happy (ie. bills like banning CRT in elementary schools, which never existed in the first place)

Step 5: Pass a ton of laws that benefit the ultra wealthy and reap the benefits of advanced knowledge on stocks.

Step 6: Rinse and repeat.

Stop thinking these losers are on your side. They're trying to make you think that you're just as good as they are. You won't even sniff the kind of wealth they hoarde.

Nobody wants handouts. We want a fair playing field. Those who are on the losing end are either:
    - People born into ****** situations
    - People born into ****** situations who were blinded into believing they're just alright by the ruling class (<-- this one is you)

And for the record, there are a considerable chunk of democrats who do this too, except their ******** takes the form of:

The people: "please help our communities"
    Elite democrats: Nope. #BLM #PrideMonth

There are a few progressives who want to even the playing field and those are the ones who should be in charge.

Here's a drawing just in case you're a visual learner:

Wanting to cancel student debt is wanting a handout. Wanting to raise the minimum wage like $6 is then wanting a handout because if they don’t like what they’re getting paid go get a different job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    then it goes along the same lines to a degree.

Of course not, if a higher earner wants to buy a cheap car, great. Chalk that up to a responsible financial decision. Health care is a basic need however, and just like payroll taxes, health care premiums should follow the money.

The impact to a higher earner to bump their premium from $390/check to $500-600/check is minimal compared to what it does for that low earner to see additional money on each check.
    Correct, a Wealthy individual can buy a cheaper car or a luxury one. Similar to insurance. They can take HMO, PPO, EPO, pay out of pocket, but that's their choice. There is no reason the same insurance I have should cost more for folks making more.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Our tax policy should seek to be the most effective with the least impact on taxpayers. A progressive tax structure allows us to provide the most benefit with the least disruption. This is why I support a strong and robust progressive taxation policy.
    No, this says we treat people differently. In essence you want the caste system here in America. You want unequal treatment of folks. That's morally wrong IMO.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    They do. When was the last time you saw the vastly wealthy in a 25K car?
    The example is a Civic.
    I will give you the benefit of the doubt that you missed that part.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Wanting to cancel student debt is wanting a handout. Wanting to raise the minimum wage like $6 is then wanting a handout because if they don’t like what they’re getting paid go get a different job

Try really hard to read carefully and think outside of what your master tucker says....

https://educationdata.org/average-co...ollege-by-year
    https://www.intelligent.com/1970-v-2...e-has-changed/

"The rising costs of college tuition outpace the rate of inflation 171.5%."

The minimum wage hasn't changed in 13 years.

Let's correct your over-simplified, fox-laced, dumbass statement and call it like it is:

We want the people who took advantage of the demand of higher education and used it as a way to drain people's financial earning power (while making it more exclusive for wealthy elites) to reverse their decision and make higher education affordable to everyone. A more educated society leads to better outcomes for all, not just the few. It also prevents brainwashing by conspiracy theorists, cable networks, and the politicians who prey on stupidity.

As far as the "go get a different job" argument.....this is another oversimplified approach, but interestingly enough the "great resignation" has left businesses crying because people took that advice. They left their slave wage jobs to find better, and they have. Businesses built on the model of exploiting human labor are now realizing to be competitive in this "free market" they have to pay higher wages.

So, yes I agree. If anyone in here is working a **** job for **** pay, leave it and find something paying more money. When small businesses go under because "nObOdY wAnTs tO wOrK" then too bad, go ask for another PPP handout from the government.

Once again, remove your tongue out the *** crack of the elite and wake up to reality.

r/antiwork

Liberals want everything handed to them

Not at all, we would like for the bottom classes to see some of the benefits the top couple do is all. And we would like people to live as who they are, not being judged and even worse, having laws put in place to infringe their lives.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Correct, a Wealthy individual can buy a cheaper car or a luxury one. Similar to insurance. They can take HMO, PPO, EPO, pay out of pocket, but that's their choice. There is no reason the same insurance I have should cost more for folks making more.
    not 10-15% more, but when they are making double, triple, and 35 times your salary, yes, they should pay more. It barely affects them, yet it helps you immensely over the course of a year to take home an additional $2-3k. By "you", I mean the average worker making $60k a year.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Who cares? Maybe start your own business or actually get a job that pays rather than whine about it

hahaha, I do just fine. I am more so worried about the 2/3's of the population living check to check, that would be wiped out by a medical emergency.

Do you think $125k jobs grow on trees? Because unless you live in a rural area, the average salary in the US won't get you far at all.

Can I ask you a question- how old are you? I am 46, and my college tuition cost me $7k a year for out of state back in the late 90s. Right now, to go to the U of Minnesota as an in state resident, it would be $26k a year. Out of state, $40k a year. If I were 56, that tuition would have been around $4k a year where I went. Seeing a trend yet?

you don't prescribe to the reality that college tuition has grown exponentially over wages, therefore putting our young population in huge debt entering the world? How on earth does that help anyone?

Raising a wage isn't a handout, it's an attempt to equalize wages to inflation/cost of living. How on earth you could think this is a handout is insane to me, and shows how out of touch you are with the current wage/wealth gap in this country. Furthermore, it shows you are jaded towards one political party and refuse to cross the party line on any issue. Which is frankly childish.
    Last edited by Hawkeye15; 06-23-2022 at 09:13 AM.

you don't prescribe to the reality that college tuition has grown exponentially over wages, therefore putting our young population in huge debt entering the world? How on earth does that help anyone?

Raising a wage isn't a handout, it's an attempt to equalize wages to inflation/cost of living. How on earth you could think this is a handout is insane to me, and shows how out of touch you are with the current wage/wealth gap in this country.
    Because someone on a propaganda channel/site told him so. This is the multi-pronged approach of the GQP. Blind their base while simultaneously taking advantage of them and anyone else who gets in the way of hoarding wealth.

Because someone on a propaganda channel/site told him so. This is the multi-pronged approach of the GQP. Blind their base while simultaneously taking advantage of them and anyone else who gets in the way of hoarding wealth.
    for sure. The "trickle down" bs they have pushed for years, has literally done nothing but push the wealth gap further apart. While their party puts on a show around abortion, guns, illegals coming for your children, and is somehow able to make a white man feel they are victims, they continue to feed the wealthy and push 95% of the country into a worse financial situation.

for sure. The "trickle down" bs they have pushed for years, has literally done nothing but push the wealth gap further apart. While their party puts on a show around abortion, guns, illegals coming for your children, and is somehow able to make a white man feel they are victims, they continue to feed the wealthy and push 95% of the country into a worse financial situation.
    And when their policies start to really take effect and costs of everything goes up, they'll say "it was Biden/Obama/Clinton/etc." and dupe them into voting for more wealth hoarders.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, the democrats do that as well, they just cover it up with fake signs of support for communities that have been treated like crap.

not 10-15% more, but when they are making double, triple, and 35 times your salary, yes, they should pay more. It barely affects them, yet it helps you immensely over the course of a year to take home an additional $2-3k. By "you", I mean the average worker making $60k a year.
    No, they should not be taxed more so I can have more. That's not America.

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    No, they should not be taxed more so I can have more. That's not America.
    You're absolutely right. America is a place where a few can exploit the many for their personal gain. We have to just work harder, right? Our health is connected to how much we work. Who said being healthy was a human right, amirite?? Who said a home was a right, amirite??

murica!

You're absolutely right. America is a place where a few can exploit the many for their personal gain. We have to just work harder, right? Our health is connected to how much we work. Who said being healthy was a human right, amirite?? Who said a home was a right, amirite??

murica!
    So a nothing answer.
    Thankfully no one expects more.

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast