Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Miranda Rights...or Miranda Suggestions

While all eyes are focused on the recently leaked draft of the Supreme Court opinion on Dobbs v. Jackson Womenís Health Organization, which would end constitutional protections for abortion rights, a lesser-known case looks likely to erode another constitutional precedentóMiranda rights.

This case, Vega v. Tekoh, asks whether a personís federal constitutional rights are violated if a police officer fails to inform them of their rights to remain silent, to be represented by an attorney, and to be protected against self-incrimination whenever the person is subjected to a custodial interrogation by the police. These warnings, known as Miranda warnings after the 1966 Supreme Court case that first prescribed them, have become critical protections against coercive police interrogations and are routinely recited by officers whenever they make arrests or question suspects in custody.

The Supreme Court now seems poised to reverse its decision in Miranda, which, much like Dobbs, would give statesóand, to a significant extent, individual townsóthe power to decide an important question of policy: whether police should be legally required to give these warnings.
    Source: The Hill

More info:
    https://www.oyez.org/cases/2021/21-499
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    the delays of the courts needs to end at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    And if people got **** counsel, well they had to die so the court could move fasterÖbut tell me again how pro-life you are!
    I was told there would be pro-life! Not pro-death!
    ___

Please remember not to reply to me if I'm not replying to you...you know who you are.

So the police do not have a duty to protect you, can freely lie to you in order to get a confession, and now they don't want them to have to even inform you of what rights you have.

I'm sure this will definitely help the eroding trust people have in our police departments!

"It is a grotesque parody of the bazaar at Marrakech, as if dumb animals had been granted only the amount of sentience required to mock humanity."

Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    So the police do not have a duty to protect you, can freely lie to you in order to get a confession, and now they don't want them to have to even inform you of what rights you have.

I'm sure this will definitely help the eroding trust people have in our police departments!
    Itís amazing how they expect us to trust them when they donít do anything to earn the trust. They just push and push to do less and less to help people.

With the ruling coming down today, I find it interesting how people are praising the 2nd amendment ruling but not bothered by this.

Itís amazing how they expect us to trust them when they donít do anything to earn the trust. They just push and push to do less and less to help people.
    And yet you've argued in favor of a militarized state to forcibly take guns from law abiding citizens.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    And yet you've argued in favor of a militarized state to forcibly take guns from law abiding citizens.
    Way to avoid the topic.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    Way to avoid the topic.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    It isnít avoiding the topic. He doesnít trust the police, but wants said police to forcibly take guns from people. Does that make sense to you?

It isnít avoiding the topic. He doesnít trust the police, but wants said police to forcibly take guns from people. Does that make sense to you?
    Not being strapped with seventy AR-15 isnít what gets us the Miranda rights.

Not being strapped with seventy AR-15 isnít what gets us the Miranda rights.
    Of course, what I said isnít about that. Just pointing out that itís rather absurd to not trust the police but also want those police to be the only people caring guns.

Of course, what I said isnít about that. Just pointing out that itís rather absurd to not trust the police but also want those police to be the only people caring guns.
    You find me a post where I said that cops should be the only people carrying (caring is not the correct spelling) guns. Iíve said and I stand by the fact that people should have to prove they need a gun and affirmatively prove their skill with one.

You find me a post where I said that cops should be the only people carrying (caring is not the correct spelling) guns. Iíve said and I stand by the fact that people should have to prove they need a gun and affirmatively prove their skill with one.
    Youíve made several posts saying that we need to get all guns off the street. That speaks for itself. Also, thanks for the spelling correction.

Do you believe that saying that we need to get the guns off the street equals getting rid of every single gun? So very strange.

Glad that your beef is with a random guy on the internet as opposed to 9 senile dumb ****s who probably donít even know what Instagram is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

And little db has stated that he won't go to volunteer to take these people's guns away from them either nor be a security officer that protects school children in school. He must think that gun's are "ICKY" or something. He told us that his station in life is too high up to bring himself down to the level required to protect children or to forcibly take weapons from legal gun owners. Heavens to betsy, db must be an "elitest" or something.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast