Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 99
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    15,344

    Rays @ Yankees 6/14-16

    Game 1
    Tue, Jun 14 • 7:05 PM EDT
    At Yankee Stadium

    Rays
    Corey Kluber
    RHP
    3-2, 3.88 ERA, 51 SO

    VS

    Yankees
    Gerrit Cole
    RHP
    5-1, 3.63 ERA, 84 SO

    Game 2
    Wed, Jun 15 • 7:05 PM EDT
    At Yankee Stadium

    Rays
    Shane McClanahan
    LHP
    7-2, 1.87 ERA, 98 SO

    VS

    Yankees
    Nestor Cortes
    LHP
    5-2, 1.96 ERA, 71 SO

    This is an incredible pitching match up

    Game 3
    Thu, Jun 16 • 7:05 PM EDT
    At Yankee Stadium

    Rays
    Drew Rasmussen
    RHP
    5-3, 3.41 ERA, 49 SO

    VS

    Yankees
    Luis Severino
    RHP
    4-1, 2.80 ERA, 71 SO

    This series starts what is probably the Yankees toughest stretch of the year. They have 3 vs the Ray, 3 vs the Jays, 3 more vs the Rays and then 4 against the Astros. If they can take those series, they will have a pretty big lead for home field advantage through the AL playoffs.

    After todays win, even if they only play .500 for the rest of the season ( which I don't expect) they would finish with 95 wins. .600 the rest of the way would put the on pace for 105.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    8,832
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Game 1
    Tue, Jun 14 • 7:05 PM EDT
    At Yankee Stadium

    Rays
    Corey Kluber
    RHP
    3-2, 3.88 ERA, 51 SO

    VS

    Yankees
    Gerrit Cole
    RHP
    5-1, 3.63 ERA, 84 SO

    Game 2
    Wed, Jun 15 • 7:05 PM EDT
    At Yankee Stadium

    Rays
    Shane McClanahan
    LHP
    7-2, 1.87 ERA, 98 SO

    VS

    Yankees
    Nestor Cortes
    LHP
    5-2, 1.96 ERA, 71 SO

    This is an incredible pitching match up

    Game 3
    Thu, Jun 16 • 7:05 PM EDT
    At Yankee Stadium

    Rays
    Drew Rasmussen
    RHP
    5-3, 3.41 ERA, 49 SO

    VS

    Yankees
    Luis Severino
    RHP
    4-1, 2.80 ERA, 71 SO

    This series starts what is probably the Yankees toughest stretch of the year. They have 3 vs the Ray, 3 vs the Jays, 3 more vs the Rays and then 4 against the Astros. If they can take those series, they will have a pretty big lead for home field advantage through the AL playoffs.

    After todays win, even if they only play .500 for the rest of the season ( which I don't expect) they would finish with 95 wins. .600 the rest of the way would put the on pace for 105.
    So lets play .700 ball.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    44,092
    Big series. Winning it could put them double digits ahead of the entire division



    Ignorance is bliss

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    22,191
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Big series. Winning it could put them double digits ahead of the entire division
    Rays pitching is very good. But this Yankees team does not get intimidated by anybody. They lead all league with all offensive categories so Yanks probably put fear into any opposition. Yanks next 4 series will determine whether we get the 98 Yanks all important win record or not.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I can’t get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    5,764
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Rays pitching is very good. But this Yankees team does not get intimidated by anybody. They lead all league with all offensive categories so Yanks probably put fear into any opposition. Yanks next 4 series will determine whether we get the 98 Yanks all important win record or not.
    yanks should easily win 2 and a sweep is possible at home yanks have massive hitting advantages over the rays..

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    5,764
    kluber will get knocked out early...

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    16,983
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    kluber will get knocked out early...
    Very possible. But he does seem to step into his time machine when playing the Yankees. Seems he finds the vintage Kluber. He has a 5-2 record an ERA of 2.42 with 72 K's in 9 appearances versus the Yankees in his career.

    However don't think he's faced this type of line up.....ever! Should be an interesting game.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    44,092
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Very possible. But he does seem to step into his time machine when playing the Yankees. Seems he finds the vintage Kluber. He has a 5-2 record an ERA of 2.42 with 72 K's in 9 appearances versus the Yankees in his career.

    However don't think he's faced this type of line up.....ever! Should be an interesting game.
    It will be! Will they be super aggressive or try to wait him out to get into good counts and drive up his pitch count?

    I think they go hunting.
    Last edited by Kinkotheclown; 06-14-2022 at 01:50 PM.



    Ignorance is bliss

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    16,983
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    It will be! Will they be super aggressive or try to wait him out to get into good counts and drive up his pitch count?

    I think the go hunting.
    Depends on line up, but I think patience prevails.

    All bets are off if they get an early bomb or three.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    22,191
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Very possible. But he does seem to step into his time machine when playing the Yankees. Seems he finds the vintage Kluber. He has a 5-2 record an ERA of 2.42 with 72 K's in 9 appearances versus the Yankees in his career.

    However don't think he's faced this type of line up.....ever! Should be an interesting game.


    Dr, he shut us down in his last start vs the Yanks.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I can’t get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    16,983
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Dr, he shut us down in his last start vs the Yanks.
    Yes he did. Isn't that essentially what I said in my post?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    1,641
    In Game Day matchups, Marwin has had, by far, the most success vs Kluber. Wonder if Boone will start him this game?
    Nope, Gallo plays ( with his .166BA vs Kluber)and Marwin( with his .455 BA) sits.
    Last edited by Stevemil505; 06-14-2022 at 06:59 PM.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    22,191
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Yes he did. Isn't that essentially what I said in my post?
    Well he is doing the same tonight.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I can’t get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night


  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    22,191
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevemil505 View Post
    In Game Day matchups, Marwin has had, by far, the most success vs Kluber. Wonder if Boone will start him this game?
    Nope, Gallo plays ( with his .166BA vs Kluber)and Marwin( with his .455 BA) sits.
    Not Boone, computer, Boone just writes it down on the card.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I can’t get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night


  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    22,191
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Yes he did. Isn't that essentially what I said in my post?
    But you think we have the 1927 Yanks lineup. We are very good this year but we are not the 27 Yanks.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I can’t get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night


Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •