Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    There is no dogma for a Christian to know who is and is not a fellow Christian.
    Of course there is. In fact, just about every aspect of Christianity is dogma, that is to say “a point of view or tenet put forth as authoritative without adequate grounds”.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/dogma

Words have meanings. Ask your professor to explain that to you.
    Words do have meaning. Do you know the meaning of “yes” and “no”? I’d tell you to ask your professor, but of course you don’t have one; that’s why you’re a pizza driver.
    Last edited by valade16; 06-28-2022 at 12:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Words do have meaning. Do you know the meaning of “yes” and “no”? I’d tell you to ask your professor, but of course you don’t have one; that’s why you’re a pizza driver.
    Again you are not a Christian. I am pretty sure you've never read the Bible. It's no surprise you can't use language correctly.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Again you are not a Christian. I am pretty sure you've never read the Bible. It's no surprise you can't use language correctly.
    Read the Bible cover to cover. I was never so pompous to know exactly who was or was not a true believer.
    Last edited by valade16; 06-28-2022 at 12:32 PM.

Read the Bible cover to cover. I was never so pompous to know exactly who was or was not a true believer.
    Only god and a pizza delivery driver are the ones who are privy to that information.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Oh, my sweet lord, Brett is defending Christianity. Churches will be shuttered by Wednesday.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

The Bible tells you.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    Only god and a pizza delivery driver are the ones who are privy to that information.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Ad Hominem is all you have. You had one good post and now another streak. Goals.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Oh, my sweet lord, Brett is defending Christianity. Churches will be shuttered by Wednesday.
    Great contribution as usual (where is my green crayon)

The Bible tells you.
    The Bible tells you not to judge and that only God knows who are true believers…

I’m curious: what is the point of displaying an “ignore list” in a signature? I mean, I suppose I should be honored, but what kind of person feels something like this is necessary?

EDIT It’s sort of like Sluggo’s mile-long post announcing his departure.
    Last edited by Crovash; 06-28-2022 at 04:23 PM.
    Nobody thinks…about anything…ever.

The Bible tells you not to judge and that only God knows who are true believers…
    The problem here is that the Bible tells you all kinds of things — some pretty nice, some clearly delusional, some maybe factual, some entirely irrelevant, and some downright heinous.

Hard to know what category anything particular item fits into.
    Nobody thinks…about anything…ever.

The Bible gets Pi wrong.

"It is a grotesque parody of the bazaar at Marrakech, as if dumb animals had been granted only the amount of sentience required to mock humanity."

You need to re-read Matthew 7:1-6

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    The problem here is that the Bible tells you all kinds of things — some pretty nice, some clearly delusional, some maybe factual, some entirely irrelevant, and some downright heinous.

Hard to know what category anything particular item fits into.
    Agree. The spirituality that is there is muddle with ancient norms, standards and Aesop's Fables like stories. Parts ripped out of more ancient religion to fit the culture of that time. Sometimes just changing god name, like the Roman did with the Greek religions or myths as we call them today. The way present religion is going in another two thousand years Christianity could be called a myth if another culture supplement our European base culture.
    Last edited by WES445; 06-29-2022 at 12:03 PM.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast