Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 96
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    106,765

    Is this your god?

    For note I won't be coming back to this thread. Just sharing so people can see how vile religion is.

    the delays of the courts needs to end at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    And if people got **** counsel, well they had to die so the court could move fasterÖbut tell me again how pro-life you are!
    I was told there would be pro-life! Not pro-death!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    10,860
    Donít worry.

    No one else will come back to this thread either.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    6,864
    you can find this type of person in all walks of life. That does not make it right or the norm. FTR, this person is wrong. Someone should have escorted him off the pulpit
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    9,808
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    you can find this type of person in all walks of life. That does not make it right or the norm. FTR, this person is wrong. Someone should have escorted him off the pulpit
    He never should have been in the pulpit to begin with. Bigotry and hatred are not what Jesus taught.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    6,864
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    He never should have been in the pulpit to begin with. Bigotry and hatred are not what Jesus taught.
    agreed
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    10,860
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    He never should have been in the pulpit to begin with.
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    agreed
    But he is. Thatís on you.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    9,808
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    But he is. Thatís on you.
    I thought you weren't coming back to the thread. And, no it is not on me.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    47,570
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    He never should have been in the pulpit to begin with. Bigotry and hatred are not what Jesus taught.
    I think the point is God and Jesus ultimately are whatever you want them to be. They can be used to justify any belief at all. After all, itís not like we can ask them directly, ďHey! What are your thoughts on this?Ē Instead, all we can do is pick and choose texts that are attributed to them but possibly have nothing to do with them at all.

    Itís just one reason why Iím an atheist.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    10,860
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    I thought you weren't coming back to the thread.
    I lied.

    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    And, no it is not on me.
    Maybe not on you individually, but on those who call themselves Christians.

    These kinds of vitriolic folks ó including those who, for example, tell children that they are going to hell if they sin ó also call themselves themselves Christians.

    Maybe time to clean your own house.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    6,864
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    I think the point is God and Jesus ultimately are whatever you want them to be. They can be used to justify any belief at all. After all, itís not like we can ask them directly, ďHey! What are your thoughts on this?Ē Instead, all we can do is pick and choose texts that are attributed to them but possibly have nothing to do with them at all.

    Itís just one reason why Iím an atheist.
    If you take the time, you'll see the legitimacy of the Bible.

    If you do, you'll see the "pick and choose" method is not remotely true.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    47,570
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    If you take the time, you'll see the legitimacy of the Bible.

    If you do, you'll see the "pick and choose" method is not remotely true.
    Uh huh. Are you saying there are no instances at all, none whatsoever, where the Bible doesnít contradict itself?

    Everything written is 100 percent crystal clear, nothing left for individual interpretation?

    EDIT: I admit I just asked you a loaded question. Thatís an impossible standard to meet, 100 percent crystal clear for everyone.

    But thatís sort of my point. Itís not like the original author is around to take questions on Fox News or CNN or even The View for that matter. At best Itís kind of up to every reader to figure it out for himself. And at worst, itís left for others to tell us what it all means.

    See the problem?

    No. No you donít. And that right there is THE problem.
    Last edited by fanofclendennon; 06-20-2022 at 09:41 PM.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    47,065
    For a book "divinely inspired" by the creator of literally everything, it shouldn't be an impossible standard to meet. If you believe your deity created humans and their minds and knows all things even before they happen, then creating a book - the understanding of which is necessary to not be tortured for all of eternity - that is fully crystal clear to anyone who reads it should be trivial.

    If, instead, it was written by Iron Age desert dwellers who liked to borrow things from other religions and the whole thing was cobbled together across a handful of centuries, then the contradictions and bizarre, unnecessary parts included in what was decided would be the Biblical cannon makes a lot more sense.


    "It is a grotesque parody of the bazaar at Marrakech, as if dumb animals had been granted only the amount of sentience required to mock humanity."

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    10,860
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    If you take the time, you'll see the legitimacy of the Bible.
    ďlegitimacyĒ

    Perfect word here because it is absolutely meaningless in context.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    47,570
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    For a book "divinely inspired" by the creator of literally everything, it shouldn't be an impossible standard to meet. If you believe your deity created humans and their minds and knows all things even before they happen, then creating a book - the understanding of which is necessary to not be tortured for all of eternity - that is fully crystal clear to anyone who reads it should be trivial.

    If, instead, it was written by Iron Age desert dwellers who liked to borrow things from other religions and the whole thing was cobbled together across a handful of centuries, then the contradictions and bizarre, unnecessary parts included in what was decided would be the Biblical cannon makes a lot more sense.
    Lol, thereís that, sure.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    6,864
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Uh huh. Are you saying there are no instances at all, none whatsoever, where the Bible doesnít contradict itself?

    Everything written is 100 percent crystal clear, nothing left for individual interpretation?

    EDIT: I admit I just asked you a loaded question. Thatís an impossible standard to meet, 100 percent crystal clear for everyone.

    But thatís sort of my point. Itís not like the original author is around to take questions on Fox News or CNN or even The View for that matter. At best Itís kind of up to every reader to figure it out for himself. And at worst, itís left for others to tell us what it all means.

    See the problem?

    No. No you donít. And that right there is THE problem.
    Do you know that words of even ancient times follow a standard?
    Did you know that the standard applies to more than just the Bible?

    That's the PROBLEM that you have.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •