Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Maple Leafs 2022 General Discussion Thread

Discuss whatever ya want. How's the weather? Still winter here.

Anyone have interactions with players in real normal life? I have a few stories I could share.

I was at the IWK (kids hospital) in Halifax when I broke my leg at 10 years old. Gordie Howe was visiting the hospital that day. He ended up signing an autograph for me. Told me "hang in there kid" and gave me a playful vintage Gordie Howe elbow. Couldn't get the smile off of my stupid face for weeks lol.

Quote Originally Posted by KingerSox View Post
    I was at the IWK (kids hospital) in Halifax when I broke my leg at 10 years old. Gordie Howe was visiting the hospital that day. He ended up signing an autograph for me. Told me "hang in there kid" and gave me a playful vintage Gordie Howe elbow. Couldn't get the smile off of my stupid face for weeks lol.
    Thatís awesome!

Iíve sold patio furniture to Dwayne roloson, Steve staios and doug Gilmore. Got to deliver to all of their houses. They live in Burlington.
    The killerís wife isÖ perfect. We have the same type lol.

My wife has also been working with nba and nhl players the last few weeks, but Iím not sure how much I can say about that yet lol.

Got to meet a few other cool people at that job too. Jim careyís dad and Canadian legend Ron Joyce to name drop a couple of them. Ron Joyce was a ****ing beast. Like 99 years old rolls up to the store with a bunch of old patio umbrellas he wanted us to repair - sticking out of the trunk of his Bentley lmfao. When I did the delivery I had to walk through his house and right in the middle of his living room he had one of those vibrating saddle things that women sit on and ride.
    Like I kid you not - right in his living room, instead of a coffee table. ****ing legendary.

Ended up close with both sides of the GTA mobís, and a literal hit went down last year at the store lol. Dude grabbed a patio chair and tried to use it to shield himself as he ran to his bullet proof car but was gunned down in the parking lot by a hit man from the opposing mob. Luckily I donít work there anymore.

I also attended Doug smiths party when he had the nba championship trophy for a night. His wife works with my mom. But no nba players showed up or anything. I licked the trophy so that was sweet.

I can't top that. Gotta hammered with Trews one night though. ****ed up night.
    Last edited by KingerSox; 06-15-2022 at 12:33 AM.