Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 78 1231151 ... LastLast

2022 NBA Free Agency

Considering the free agency class this year, the free agents you have this summer as of July 1, 2022 are:

1- James Harden (player option)
    2- DeAndre Ayton (restricted)
    3- Zach LaVine (unrestricted)
    4- Jalen Brunson (unrestricted)
    5- Miles Bridges (restricted)
    6- Collin Sexton (restricted)
    7- Lu Dort (team option)
    8- Marvin Bagley III (unrestricted)
    9- Bruce Brown (unrestricted)
    10- Carmelo Anthony (unrestricted)

Then other free agents this summer: Nic Claxton, Gary Payton II, Thaddeus Young, Goran Dragic, Chris Boucher, Demarcus Cousins, Robin Lopez, Bobby Portis, Hassan Whiteside, Blake Griffin, LaMarcus Aldridge, Dwight Howard, Rajon Rondo, Tristan Thompson, Lou Williams, Igoudala, DeAndre Jordan, Otto Porter Jr, PJ Tucker, etc

Brad Beal has a player option.

Iím still holding out hope that Tatum can convince him to opt in to facilitate a trade to Boston the same way Cp3 did to get to Houston years back.

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post

Iím still holding out hope that Tatum can convince him to opt in to facilitate a trade to Boston the same way Cp3 did to get to Houston years back.
    I would love that too

Westbrook also has a player option and so does John Wall

No one really has any money to spend either. So I'd expect a decent amount of sign and trades but I'm not sure there's a ton of FA movement beyond that. Everyone will take advantage of MLEs and things like that, but it's going to be a tight offseason for any non star looking for more than an MLE.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    No one really has any money to spend either. So I'd expect a decent amount of sign and trades but I'm not sure there's a ton of FA movement beyond that. Everyone will take advantage of MLEs and things like that, but it's going to be a tight offseason for any non star looking for more than an MLE.
    RFA takes the biggest hit with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    S&Ts to teams over the tax apron hard caps them which makes that a much harder move to make.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    RFA takes the biggest hit with that.
    RFA is fundamentally broken because teams won't "screw over" other teams by making offers on RFAs more often than not.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    RFA is fundamentally broken because teams won't "screw over" other teams by making offers on RFAs more often than not.
    Whatís broke about it is teams donít have the cap anymore to do that and if they do itís because thereís knowledge they can get someone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post

HEAT baby

You already know.

https://twitter.com/heatnationcom/st...18711196012549

https://twitter.com/HeatNationCom/st...66874447994901

This been in the works, now lets just see what happens.
    Last edited by Dade County; 05-30-2022 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

As long as a players stats they want to go to fill in the blank team, then thats what it is.

Jimmy & Lowry did it & Miami got them for nothing. If Beal or LaVine do the same thing, Miami will finally have a true offensive 1st option.

Also Kyrie might be on the table.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

Not a free agent thing exactly, but Celtics have a $17M trade exception that Iím excited to see if and how they use it. It expires shortly into the off-season (originally came from the Evan Fournier deal). They could have used it for the Derrick White deadline trade and created new Josh Richardson and Romeo Langford sized exceptions that would have been good until this years deadline, but instead they opted to just match salaries in that and preserve this bigger exception for this off-season. It would set them up for a very expensive tax bill next year, but the longer term payroll picture is cleaner because Horford will expire after next year (and presumably be way cheaper if heís worth keeping then). Some of that will need to go to Grant Williams though.

Devonte Graham didnít work out well in New Orleans so I can see them giving him away like how we got Josh Richardson for nothing from Dallas last year. Graham would be a great second unit ball handler for us.

We can include future 1sts too. Atlanta is pushing the luxury tax after Traeís extension hit the all nba escalator. I wonder if the salary relief and a 2023 1st would get them to bite on Huerter.

If the Jazz want to lower their tax bill I wonder if Royce OíNeale could be made available.

If ownership is willing to spend they can go get a rock solid 8th man for the playoff rotation:

Smart / White
    Brown
    Tatum
    Horford / G Williams
    R Williams / Theis (only plays when you need a 4th big)

Quote Originally Posted by Dade County View Post
    As long as a players stats they want to go to fill in the blank team, then thats what it is.

Jimmy & Lowry did it & Miami got them for nothing. If Beal or LaVine do the same thing, Miami will finally have a true offensive 1st option.

Also Kyrie might be on the table.
    Only difference to those examples is that Miami has expiring (Dragic) or desirable (Josh Richardson) salary to send back. Deals will be a little harder for them to facilitate with Duncan Robinson or Kyle Lowry now as long term money that none of those prospective sign and trade partners would want.

Sign and trades always come at an extreme discount, but you still need to have a net positive package so the team isnít better off just letting a guy walk for nothing. Multi year negative salary increases what you need to send out to be met positive. So I think any sign and trade would be more expensive for Miami than those past examples.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Westbrook also has a player option and so does John Wall
    Neither of those guys are opting out

Page 1 of 78 1231151 ... LastLast