Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 21 of 65 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Agree, but the flipside is, he's also gotten a crapload of money from them over time to be the best player on a mediocre at best team. He basically can do whatever he wants, shoot how often he wants to shoot and all that stuff. I get winning championships is cool and all that, but Beal basically gets to be paid like a super star and just be a chucker on a team with virtually no expectations. That's actually not a terrible spot to be in.

Plus, every year we all talk about how like 5 teams are just a Bradley Beal away from being a contender if they can pull off a trade for him.
    The problem, if you want to call it that, is in legacy. Are people going to continue to overrate Beal and use the lack of team around him as an excuse.

That said I appreciate when a great player stays with one team their whole career, and I value it even more if they won while staying around.

Beal is an example of the NBAís problem. He isnít rewarding the Wiz with staying because they are good. Heís rewarding them because they are the only team that can pay him this much. In a case like Beal, whoís never competed, I rather see him leave the team and effectively punish the Wiz for failing him.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Beal is an example of the NBAís problem. He isnít rewarding the Wiz with staying because they are good. Heís rewarding them because they are the only team that can pay him this much. In a case like Beal, whoís never competed, I rather see him leave the team and effectively punish the Wiz for failing him.
    Exactly but Beal is content with being a loser

"Failing" him is a bit interesting. It's not like he's a crazy stud though. He made 3rd team all nba once. He's made 3 all star games. Dame at least has 6 all nba and 6 all star appearances.

Cleveland failed LeBron the 1st time they had him. He was a legit consistent all nba guy that they didn't surround with any real talent. But let's be real, Beal is a borderline all star type player who keeps taking massive deals. Not sure they've failed him like he's a once in a generation talent.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    "Failing" him is a bit interesting. It's not like he's a crazy stud though. He made 3rd team all nba once. He's made 3 all star games. Dame at least has 6 all nba and 6 all star appearances.

Cleveland failed LeBron the 1st time they had him. He was a legit consistent all nba guy that they didn't surround with any real talent. But let's be real, Beal is a borderline all star type player who keeps taking massive deals. Not sure they've failed him like he's a once in a generation talent.
    I still consider it failing though. Bad contracts, no bold moves in the draft, never work to clear cap space for better players.

In fact I would say more organizations fail their players than the players give up on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still think Beal will be out of WAS soon. Him signing an extension now gets him his money and WAS will be able to get a legit offer for him in a trade vs sign and trade scraps. I very much see a Paul George OKC situation here.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I never said every team can afford it.
    What the ****. Thatís not what youíve been preaching about the Warriors. You know what? Never mind. Youíll just Scoots the truth and Scoots your reasonings. And then years later say it was a joke.

This dialogue has run itís course and has become untenable.

I love how Fertitta thought that CP3 and Tucker were done years ago and traded Paul away first chance he got and refused to negotiate with Tucker in good faith and then Paul led a team to the Finals and is doing just fine still and Tucker helped one team win a title as a starter and another team go to the ECF as a starter and is now negotiating an 8 figure yearly salary to probably start on another team that should go deep if healthy.

I hope he learned his lesson to stay the **** out of operations but know for a fact that he never will.

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    I still think Beal will be out of WAS soon. Him signing an extension now gets him his money and WAS will be able to get a legit offer for him in a trade vs sign and trade scraps. I very much see a Paul George OKC situation here.

I can actually agree

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    What the ****. Thatís not what youíve been preaching about the Warriors. You know what? Never mind. Youíll just Scoots the truth and Scoots your reasonings. And then years later say it was a joke.

This dialogue has run itís course and has become untenable.
    I said most owners/teams can afford to go into the tax and that it makes sense if they draft and develop players well. I never said all of them can.

I said most owners/teams can afford to go into the tax and that it makes sense if they draft and develop players well. I never said all of them can.
    It doesnít make sense though. It canít just be that they are able to afford to go into the tax, but they want to be profitable to go into the tax. Itís not profitable to be in the tax.

Warriors are also the only team in the league where they own the arena. Thereís a bunch of teams where the owner is a subsidy of the teams owner (Nuggets, Blazers, Raptors, Jazz, Wizards). For those 6 teams it means they arenít paying to the right to be in the building, rather they make money off Ďrenting outí the building for events. They also get the revenue for concessions that teams donít get. That can all be used to help make a tax team profitable.

It doesnít make sense though. It canít just be that they are able to afford to go into the tax, but they want to be profitable to go into the tax. Itís not profitable to be in the tax.

Warriors are also the only team in the league where they own the arena. Thereís a bunch of teams where the owner is a subsidy of the teams owner (Nuggets, Blazers, Raptors, Jazz, Wizards). For those 6 teams it means they arenít paying to the right to be in the building, rather they make money off Ďrenting outí the building for events. They also get the revenue for concessions that teams donít get. That can all be used to help make a tax team profitable.
    The Nets, Wizards, Nuggets, Jazz, Trail Blazers, Pistons, and Raptors own their arenas too. The Bulls own half of theirs. And I believe the Bucks and Clippers are working on building their own arenas. I think in the most recent review I saw 10 teams were not profitable, but that is likely to drop to 0 in the next few years. And the NBPA already asserts that that 10 number is a lie based on creative accounting.

And if you count asset value in your profit/loss evaluation teams make even more.
    Last edited by Scoots; 06-27-2022 at 03:01 PM.

Oh and Dolan is the majority owner of the Knicks and controls MSG Inc (or whatever it's called) that owns the arena. So, should probably count that too.

The Nets, Wizards, Nuggets, Jazz, Trail Blazers, Pistons, and Raptors own their arenas too. The Bulls own half of theirs. And I believe the Bucks and Clippers are working on building their own arenas. I think in the most recent review I saw 10 teams were not profitable, but that is likely to drop to 0 in the next few years. And the NBPA already asserts that that 10 number is a lie based on creative accounting.

And if you count asset value in your profit/loss evaluation teams make even more.
    Pistons do not. You would read what I wrote about the Wiz, Nuggets, Jazz, Blazers, Raptors. Nets is owned by State of NY. Clippers still donít own their own. Bulls itís through a company that helped partially fund. (Fiserv is owned by the Wisconsin Center District, but operated by the Bucks)

But shocker, a businessman putting profits first? Hence why so few teams are willing to go into the tax.

Page 21 of 65 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast