Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 72 of 74 FirstFirst ... 22627071727374 LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1104
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    We absolutely did not make the team better haha! Honestly I think this trade is just about making the team as bad as possible. However, of all the guys I thought could net a first round pick I thought Bojan was it. Oh well, done deal now I guess.
    I don't think we are significantly worse. we added a legit NBA player to a position where we didn't have one and subtracted from by far our the deepest part of our lineup.

man that trade still makes me mad. we traded our best asset for absolute garbage. its the same kind of braindead trade package that this team has been making for the past 5 years that I desperately wanted Ainge to fix, but the last two trades have just been terrible. At least with the Beverly one you could say he is a developemental player who is garbage so he helps the tank, but this does sure makes us worse, but only marginally. like we couldn't at least get like a 2nd rounder in this? I would have rather cut him then this trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Dennis SchrŲder to the Lakers on a 1 year minimum. Never been a fan but he adds something for the minimum that they can use.
    Dennis Schroder is a moron

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

that is why i will never begrudge anyone who takes a deal that maybe doesn't maximize all the potential money they can get. its not even like he got hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    that is why i will never begrudge anyone who takes a deal that maybe doesn't maximize all the potential money they can get. its not even like he got hurt.
    Very personal take but MLPA and NBPA are both god awful at advising players. MLB is getting better at managing itself through rules. But my god is the NBA bad at it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Very personal take but MLPA and NBPA are both god awful at advising players. MLB is getting better at managing itself through rules. But my god is the NBA bad at it.
    They leave it to the agents.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    They leave it to the agents.
    They literally do not.

They literally do not.
    You don't think the agents advise their clients?

You don't think the agents advise their clients?
    You know you can just ask for clarification if you donít know something. The PA for any sport advises players on what they are worth in FA. They always push players to take highest available offers.

You know you can just ask for clarification if you donít know something. The PA for any sport advises players on what they are worth in FA. They always push players to take highest available offers.
    So, you just meant "advising" as in telling them around what they are worth and pushing them to maximize it. I agree, they do do that. Agents take a much bigger role in advising their clients than just what they are worth, but they also spend time on worth to the teams too of course. The unions have a rookie symposium, and after that really don't spend much time "advising" their members.

So, you just meant "advising" as in telling them around what they are worth and pushing them to maximize it. I agree, they do do that. Agents take a much bigger role in advising their clients than just what they are worth, but they also spend time on worth to the teams too of course. The unions have a rookie symposium, and after that really don't spend much time "advising" their members.
    Thatís what advising isÖ,

I was actually specifically thinking about baseball players when I wrote this. As a braves fan people clown on some of the braves players for taking the contracts that they do, but like look at acuna who is having a down year after a knee injury. who knows maybe he is never the same guy he was pre acl. the one exception to this was albies contract which is simply terrible for him even with all the injuries and stuff.

its kinda intersting that at this point if you asked 100 people which players are starting for the Jazz you literally would get about 70 different answers. I think the only locks are Markkanen and probably sexton. I personally think conley is a lock to start as well, and that Olynyk likely starts too. I have zero idea who is starting at SF in that scenario though. I think it could legit be 7 different guys. man the depth on this team is ridiculous. luckily a few of those guys have been terrible recently (THT, Gay, Bolmaro, and butler) or they are rookies(Kessler and Agbaji)

Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    I was actually specifically thinking about baseball players when I wrote this. As a braves fan people clown on some of the braves players for taking the contracts that they do, but like look at acuna who is having a down year after a knee injury. who knows maybe he is never the same guy he was pre acl. the one exception to this was albies contract which is simply terrible for him even with all the injuries and stuff.
    Yea. Their player assessment is terrible. MLB tells some guys to take deals too early. NBA wants everyone to wait because they think everyone can get the max. NFL has very few guys fall through the cracks to get what they arenít worth.

Yea. Their player assessment is terrible. MLB tells some guys to take deals too early. NBA wants everyone to wait because they think everyone can get the max. NFL has very few guys fall through the cracks to get what they arenít worth.

I would love to know what deals you think a player didn't take when they should have, or deals that a player didn't take enough. I think for the most part, most NBA players get what they deserve.