Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Lakers hire Darvin Ham as head coach

Thank God! I thought they were gonna something stupid like hire Doc Rivers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ham separated himself in the process in recent days, interviewing with Lakers officials on Thursday and inspiring an offer on Friday afternoon, sources said. The Lakers were sold on Ham's stature and toughness, his history of coaching star players, championship pedigree as an assistant and player, sources said. Ham's history with the Lakers franchise for two years -- 2011-13 -- played a part in his hiring, too.

Perfect choice for this team!

I was scared they would hire Scott or Rivers

Quote Originally Posted by kobebabe View Post
    A lot of us were also

Yeah Ham is the new coach but now what? Y'all still have the same team with the same pieces

Is it just me or does anyone else get the sense that the FO has been going opposite from what LBJ/Klutch want since the TD? Alot of passive aggressiveness going on out there.

Welcome back to LA... Coach
    How can 12 year olds find drug dealers,
    But cops can't...

Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    Is it just me or does anyone else get the sense that the FO has been going opposite from what LBJ/Klutch want since the TD? Alot of passive aggressiveness going on out there.

Welcome back to LA... Coach
    Lebron wanted this guy too. I am might be wrong. Young coach but clearly is experienced as a assistant coach. The next step is to put together his staff and the players.
    Caruso on steroids!

Lebron likes him and he is ready to coach Westbrick in case Lakers can not get rid of him.
    May 27, 2022 | 8:51 pm EDT Update
    LeBron James welcomes Darvin Ham to Lakers

LeBron James: So damn EXCITED!!!!!!!! Congrats and welcome Coach DHam!! 👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾 #LakeShow💜💛 – via Twitter KingJames
    Top Rumors, Social Media, Darvin Ham, LeBron James, Los Angeles Lakers

This rumor is part of a storyline: 106 more rumors

Marc J. Spears: With the hiring of Darvin Ham as the new head coach of the Los Angeles Lakers via @Adrian Wojnarowski, half of the 30 head coaches in the NBA are now black. With Heat head coach Erik Spoelstra (Asian), 16 of the NBA head coaches are of color. The Charlotte Hornets still have an opening. – via Twitter MarcJSpears
    Coaching, Erik Spoelstra, Darvin Ham, Charlotte Hornets, Los Angeles Lakers, Miami Heat

One of Ham’s most important directives: finding a way to incorporate future Hall of Fame guard Russell Westbrook into the franchise’s framework with LeBron James and Anthony Davis. It was a significant subject of every Lakers coaching interview in the process, sources said. – via Adrian Wojnarowski @ ESPN
    Caruso on steroids!

Let’s hope he has the balls to stand up to Lebron and hold him accountable.
    Pelinka Sucks!!

He has a very good recommendation.
    Giannis Antetokounmpo on Darvin Ham: He's the right fit for Lakers

Adrian Wojnarowski: On the Lakers hiring of Bucks assistant Darvin Ham, Giannis Antetokounmpo tells ESPN: “I’m so happy for him. He’s the right fit for them. He keeps it real with you. No BS at all. It’s about damn time. He deserves it more than anyone.” – via Twitter wojespn
    Top Rumors, Darvin Ham, Giannis Antetokounmpo, Los Angeles Lakers, Milwaukee Bucks

But those who know him, and know of his reputation, believe he’s well-equipped for the job and fits an archetype for what the Lakers were looking for. Ham spent the last few years with the Milwaukee Bucks as a top assistant under Mike Budenholzer, developing a reputation for being a player’s coach — a term several executives used to describe him. – via Vincent Goodwill @ Yahoo! Sports
    Coaching, Darvin Ham, Los Angeles Lakers, Milwaukee Bucks

“If you look around the league now, the coaches who are having successes — Steve Kerr, Monty Williams, Willie Green — [not only have] excellent knowledge but an ability to connect and hold [players] accountable,” an high-ranking league executive told Yahoo Sports. “He has a personable blend of that. A strong individual. He can garner respect from his players. I like it.” – via Vincent Goodwill @ Yahoo! Sports

Storyline: Lakers Coaching Job
    When asked about the strong personalities, such as coaching James in an advanced stage of his career, a strong-minded Westbrook coming off the worst year of his career and Anthony Davis being unavailable for long stretches, multiple executives reached by Yahoo Sports expressed confidence Ham will be able to adjust and handle the locker room. As for potential conflict, one executive said with a chuckle, “Don’t try him.” – via Vincent Goodwill @ Yahoo! Sports
    Caruso on steroids!

Quote Originally Posted by kobebabe View Post
    Same here. Good to hear from you. Hope all is well.

Quote Originally Posted by LF85 View Post
    Let’s hope he has the balls to stand up to Lebron and hold him accountable.
    Same here. Especially Westdick.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast