Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 95 1231151 ... LastLast

If the Red Sox are out of it, I don't see why the Mets don't go for Martinez. See if you can get Matt Strahm or Austin Davis as well. You can bat him 3rd, 4th or 5th and that would be a ridiculously good lineup heading down the stretch of the season.

We need pitching

No way I'd wanna trade Mauricio AND Zeigler for a rental, any rental. Just no. You need at least 1 more year of control for that type of prospect package.

Vientos for JD Martinez!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    No way I'd wanna trade Mauricio AND Zeigler for a rental, any rental. Just no. You need at least 1 more year of control for that type of prospect package.
    I wouldn't either but teams love to rip the Mets off

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

So much talk about the Red Sox is just wishful thinking. They haven't thrown in the towel and of late they are playing better. Don't think that even if they do give up on the season that any of their players will come cheap.

I think the priority should be pitching. The Mets were rumored to have been scouting Montas and Mahle, but apparently the asking price is too high. Last I read, the FO may now be focusing on upgrading the BP instead.

I also read the Mets are considering bringing up Connor Grey who has pitched well in his last 3 starts.

I would go after Montas myself.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    I would go after Montas myself.
    I think his wife would not like you doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by mookiewilson View Post
    I think his wife would not like you doing that.
    lmao

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Pass on JD. Way too much to give up for a 35 year old rental.

Only trade a top 100 prospect if you’re getting an extra year of control. I would sooner package Baty+ to try and nab Devers.

I do think though, that packaging minor specs to get back Moustakas + Mahle/Castillo would be the best idea. I have confidence in Hefner to get the most out of the pitchers.

Alternatively, I would take on Jason Heyward’s contract to also get back somebody like Alzolay and Happ.
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post

Only trade a top 100 prospect if you’re getting an extra year of control. I would sooner package Baty+ to try and nab Devers.

I do think though, that packaging minor specs to get back Moustakas + Mahle/Castillo would be the best idea. I have confidence in Hefner to get the most out of the pitchers.

Alternatively, I would take on Jason Heyward’s contract to also get back somebody like Alzolay and Happ.
    I like how you’re thinking here

Hopefully the Baez trade keeps them from overpaying for rentals.

I'm not interested in picking up a journeyman 4/5 to get us into July. If we're going to deal it should be for a difference-maker, like Montas.

Curious if/when the Red Sox become sellers. Didn't think I'd say this at the start of the year, but Seattle's not far from becoming sellers, once again.

Devers is a superstar. I'm afraid to know what he would cost

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 95 1231151 ... LastLast