Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    at first i felt the yanks had to win this series.. but given all the injuries i will be happy with a split...

I don't think you would be happy if they swept.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    This particular lineup is not going to muster any runs tonight. An absolute joke!

Another good call by Nicky. Only scored 7 runs. Pathetic. LMAO
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Oh I agree with everything you said.

The main reason why we havenít fell apart with all of these injuries is because our starting 5 is still intact and we have good defense behind them.

What does it matter? Their season is over.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Rama View Post
    Nestor has turned himself into a modern Day Tom Glavine (avg velocity of cutter was 92), except better stuff and more varying of arm angles and delivery. There's no reason this is not sustainable. The game is different today, but Glavine had a long, successful career. Cortes can do it too. Anything can happen. Injuries, getting complacent, etc, but the ingredients are there for him to continue his dominance. He's no less likely to have a long, successful career than Grayson Rodriguez, Shane Baz or Espino.
    I totally agree. I also think heís got. Little El. Duque to him.

Ignorance is bliss

Nestor has turned himself into a modern Day Tom Glavine (avg velocity of cutter was 92), except better stuff and more varying of arm angles and delivery. There's no reason this is not sustainable. The game is different today, but Glavine had a long, successful career. Cortes can do it too. Anything can happen. Injuries, getting complacent, etc, but the ingredients are there for him to continue his dominance. He's no less likely to have a long, successful career than Grayson Rodriguez, Shane Baz or Espino.
    a little bit to early to be making tom glavine comparisons..also glavine like maddux benifitted from a ridiculous wide strike zone in the 1990's..

@BryanHoch
    Matt Carpenter on his role with the #Yankees: ďI told them, if they want me to load the bags on the plane, Iíll do it.Ē

a little bit to early to be making tom glavine comparisons..also glavine like maddux benifitted from a ridiculous wide strike zone in the 1990's..
    It's never too early for comparisons. That's a silly statement. No one is saying he's already the next Tom Glavine, and no one is guaranteeing he is going to be. All I'm saying is that Nestor actually has better stuff and on top of that he throws from different arm angles and has different deliveries. Tom Glavine probably wouldn't have been nearly as successful in modern baseball unless he adjusted in some of the same ways Cortes has. Bottom line is, from the 2nd half of last year until now, Cortes and Glavine compare favorably for their era in terms of stuff and performance. No one is anointing Cortes to the hall of fame just yet lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I totally agree. I also think heís got. Little El. Duque to him.
    Some stool softener will take care of that....

He is already showing #1 results with the numbers.

If you didnít know who thst pitcher was and just saw the numbers youíd think he is a #1

But I get the full season stuff. Problem I still belive most of you on here will then say letís see what he can do for 5 straight years. Then after 5 years weíll letís see what he does after 10 years.

He doesnít move the needle for you guys because he doesnít throw gas, it is thst simple, he doesnít move the needle.
    absolutely not true, IMO Maddux was one of the best pitchers I've ever seen and he certainly didn't throw gas. Throwing gas doesn't make someone a great pitcher, command, control, movement and the ability to execute do.

The current numbers are nothing short of incredible, it's the lack of any good ones before last yr that is giving me pause

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    absolutely not true, IMO Maddux was one of the best pitchers I've ever seen and he certainly didn't throw gas. Throwing gas doesn't make someone a great pitcher, command, control, movement and the ability to execute do.

The current numbers are nothing short of incredible, it's the lack of any good ones before last yr that is giving me pause
    100% There are plenty of guys, several in the HOF, who couldn't break a pane of glass.

It's never too early for comparisons. That's a silly statement. No one is saying he's already the next Tom Glavine, and no one is guaranteeing he is going to be. All I'm saying is that Nestor actually has better stuff and on top of that he throws from different arm angles and has different deliveries. Tom Glavine probably wouldn't have been nearly as successful in modern baseball unless he adjusted in some of the same ways Cortes has. Bottom line is, from the 2nd half of last year until now, Cortes and Glavine compare favorably for their era in terms of stuff and performance. No one is anointing Cortes to the hall of fame just yet lol.
    all i am saying is glavine and maddux got strike calls more then a foot outside. that is gone from today's baseball they would not be as successful in today's game

JD moved from Covid list to the DLÖ.or whatever the F it is called now, really? PatheticÖ.

Healthy and then all,of sudden we lose 5 players with injuries.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night

all i am saying is glavine and maddux got strike calls more then a foot outside. that is gone from today's baseball they would not be as successful in today's game
    I agree, yet there are plenty of pitchers who don't throw 98 who have tons of success in the majors. No reason Nestor can't be one of those guys

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by PJO34 View Post
    Some stool softener will take care of that....
    Lol
    Well played!

Or dropped?
    Last edited by Kinkotheclown; 05-27-2022 at 07:37 PM.

Ignorance is bliss

that was a heck of a play by Torres. Night and day difference defensively at 2nd base vs SS.

He's also on pace for about 30hrs

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast