Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    And I am devastated I can't find the Shane Greene for Didi thread.

Speaking of Didi, boy I long for the days of his defense and offense.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    Speaking of Didi, boy I long for the days of his defense and offense.
    And energy

Ignorance is bliss

Why would't he put in Banuelos here? Perfect spot for him. Big cushion, low leverage

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    This particular lineup is not going to muster any runs tonight. An absolute joke!
    Well, must be some of that New Math;7=0.

I don't like stupid players
    Peralta is a stupid player. Balk then not cover first? Stupid

Ignorance is bliss

I don't like stupid players
    Peralta is a stupid player. Balk then not cover first? Stupid
    he is double stupid not just for not covering first but taking 2 steps toward home plate..

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    sounds like Brit is ready to start throwing full BP's. He's thinking late July, I think August might be more realistic. Like you said, if he can be 90% of what he was, he'll be an asset in the back of the BP
    I for one am not excited for his return. I think he will be risky to send out there unless they are desperate. What they have is pretty good. I doubt he will be the old Britton but I guess we'll see.

I still think he's a 3 but working to be a TORP. I need a full year of him doing this. If he's still like this at the end of the year? 2 for sure.
    If he has an ERA below 2.00 at the end of the season he will win the CY. And become the ACE

ALL of you assjacks keep hoping he falls apart or expects it. I think it is hilarious that he is pitching better than Cole in every facet of the game and makes less than $800,000 for entire season while Cole rakes in over $1 million PER START.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night

I still think he's a 3 but working to be a TORP. I need a full year of him doing this. If he's still like this at the end of the year? 2 for sure.
    He's getting close to 25 starts and 150 IP as a starter. With the way the treat starting pitchers these days, that is almost a full season.

I do agree with u though, I want to see what his numbers look like after the regular season. I would be pretty surprised if he turned back into a pumpkin though. The stuff is to consistently good for that to go completely backwards

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    If he has an ERA below 2.00 at the end of the season he will win the CY. And become the ACE

ALL of you assjacks keep hoping he falls apart or expects it. I think it is hilarious that he is pitching better than Cole in every facet of the game and makes less than $800,000 for entire season while Cole rakes in over $1 million PER START.
    who has said anything remotely close to hoping or expecting him to fall apart? Why does it always have to be who the ace is? were incredibly fortunate to have both of them. We need a 1b or #2 desperately and so far thats what he looks like he's become

No one else in the AL has a 1-2-3 as good as Cole, Nestor, Sevy and Taillon isn't far behind them. We've dreamed, hoped and prayed for a deep pitching staff like this for about the last 10yrs, now we have one.

Why would't he put in Banuelos here? Perfect spot for him. Big cushion, low leverage
    Maybe because its a key game the Yanks can't afford to let get away, especially since some poster here said Yanks season is over if they don't win his series.

The ninth inning was a perfect example of why I think Boone is a bad manager. Cortes had given an impressive eight inning performance and was over 100 pitches. There is no reason a good manager would bring him back out for the ninth with a 7-0 lead. We had Banuelos in the pen and if you are not going to use him with a 7-0 lead then there is no reason to have him in the pen. Even if he comes out and gives up three home runs, we still have a 4 run lead and only three outs to get. We have three more games against Tampa, then after a day off, we have the first place Angels, and then Tampa and Houston. And to start warming up King was ridiculous. With the lead, King should not have thrown any pitches today. Save him for when a game is on the line and we truly need a high leverage arm.

Also, sending Cortes out there for the ninth and removing him after giving up a hit ends his day on a sour note, and having that run score and be charged to him should piss him off.

It was just bad managing all around. This would have been a great time to see what Banuelos looks like in a major league game against a good team. Whether he is up one more game or more, getting a read on whether he can consistently throw strikes and get a good team out would have been good information to have. Boone, though, as he often does, missed an opportunity.

Today's game is exactly why I like Andujar. Although he did strike out to start the day, he is a contact guy and in the 7th when Gallo would have struck out, and when Hicks would have struck out or popped out, Andujar put the ball in play getting a hit, an RBI and another run on the error. When a player puts the ball in play, all kinds of good things can happen. And the diving catch was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    who has said anything remotely close to hoping or expecting him to fall apart? Why does it always have to be who the ace is? were incredibly fortunate to have both of them. We need a 1b or #2 desperately and so far thats what he looks like he's become

No one else in the AL has a 1-2-3 as good as Cole, Nestor, Sevy and Taillon isn't far behind them. We've dreamed, hoped and prayed for a deep pitching staff like this for about the last 10yrs, now we have one.
    Oh I agree with everything you said.

The main reason why we havenít fell apart with all of these injuries is because our starting 5 is still intact and we have good defense behind them.
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

Quote Originally Posted by PJO34 View Post
    The ninth inning was a perfect example of why I think Boone is a bad manager. Cortes had given an impressive eight inning performance and was over 100 pitches. There is no reason a good manager would bring him back out for the ninth with a 7-0 lead. We had Banuelos in the pen and if you are not going to use him with a 7-0 lead then there is no reason to have him in the pen. Even if he comes out and gives up three home runs, we still have a 4 run lead and only three outs to get. We have three more games against Tampa, then after a day off, we have the first place Angels, and then Tampa and Houston. And to start warming up King was ridiculous. With the lead, King should not have thrown any pitches today. Save him for when a game is on the line and we truly need a high leverage arm.

Also, sending Cortes out there for the ninth and removing him after giving up a hit ends his day on a sour note, and having that run score and be charged to him should piss him off.

It was just bad managing all around. This would have been a great time to see what Banuelos looks like in a major league game against a good team. Whether he is up one more game or more, getting a read on whether he can consistently throw strikes and get a good team out would have been good information to have. Boone, though, as he often does, missed an opportunity.

He was so efficient thst he as trying to get him the shutout. But he had him on a short leash in the 9th.
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast