Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

2012-22 All-NBA Teams Announced

https://www.blazersedge.com/2022/5/2...ker-tatum-list

back to back years the runner up for mvp didnt make the all nba first team... tatum and booker now have more nba all first teams over joel embiid... the sixer hate will never stop but atleast the nba is consistant.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post

back to back years the runner up for mvp didnt make the all nba first team... tatum and booker now have more nba all first teams over joel embiid... the sixer hate will never stop but atleast the nba is consistant.
    What a travesty. They picked the Most Valuable Player over the Most Valuable Philadelphian. Clearly the league doesn’t understand how much weight the Most Valuable Philadelphian award holds. Im disgusted.

I still can't believe Booker made an all nba first team. for comparison here are Mitchells stats compared to this year when Mitchell got 4 total votes.

MIN/PTS/REB/AST/TOV/TS%

34.5/26.8/5.0/4.8/2.4/.576
    33.8/25.9/4.2/5.3/3.0/.572

I know Booker was on a better team, but Mitchell didn't get an all nba team when he played for the team with the best record. they both played the same amount the games. Booker is a better defender, but he's still below average out there and he just has an insane supporting cast so he gets to pick the worst offensive player. To be clear not saying booker wasn't better this year, but I don't see how one gets first team and the other gets no votes.

Devin Booker will drop back down once CP3 leaves.

Get back to me when the Sixers come one game short of winning the NBA finals and the league is so off-put by their style of ball and the ratings it received that they change a bunch of rules

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

2012-22 All-NBA Teams Announced

Embiid was eligible as a F but obviously the voters think he’s a C. Nothing wrong with that.

Actually. This is interesting:
    Embiid had more 1st team votes and more points than Tatum and Embiid was listed as a F/C.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by warfelg; 05-25-2022 at 08:54 AM.

its silly. just move Booker to 2nd team for Embiid. We're mostly in the positionless basketball era anyway, the majority of the MVPs of the league in the past decade have been point-bigmen (Giannis, Jokic, Lebron)

Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    I still can't believe Booker made an all nba first team. for comparison here are Mitchells stats compared to this year when Mitchell got 4 total votes.

MIN/PTS/REB/AST/TOV/TS%

34.5/26.8/5.0/4.8/2.4/.576
    33.8/25.9/4.2/5.3/3.0/.572

I know Booker was on a better team, but Mitchell didn't get an all nba team when he played for the team with the best record. they both played the same amount the games. Booker is a better defender, but he's still below average out there and he just has an insane supporting cast so he gets to pick the worst offensive player. To be clear not saying booker wasn't better this year, but I don't see how one gets first team and the other gets no votes.
    I actually use Booker as an illustration of what's wrong with player perception and evaluation nowadays. When Phoenix was sucking people were saying "he puts up stats, but he doesn't affect winning", then Phoenix adds Ayton, CP3, Bridges, etc. and they start winning and suddenly people act like Booker got way better.

He didn't. He's slightly better than he has ever been, but he's essentially the same player, and Phoenix didn't get the best record in the league because Booker suddenly figured out how to win, they got there because they added a ridiculous amount of talent.

Booker was underrated in Phoenix when they sucked and he's overrated now that they're good. I agree with you, regardless of who you think is better, it's a very close comparison. Booker 1st team and Mitchell N/A is absurd.

I don't think it's Sixers hate, dude. I think it's voters being too stuck on position over production. Obviously Embiid is one of the five greatest players on the planet, and I have to think 90%+ of all voters know that already. If you want to get mad about him not making 1st team, I get it. But be mad for the right reasons. It's not "anti-Philly" sentiment. It's voters clinging to outdated, arbitrary definitions of what players should be qualified for.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I actually use Booker as an illustration of what's wrong with player perception and evaluation nowadays. When Phoenix was sucking people were saying "he puts up stats, but he doesn't affect winning", then Phoenix adds Ayton, CP3, Bridges, etc. and they start winning and suddenly people act like Booker got way better.

He didn't. He's slightly better than he has ever been, but he's essentially the same player, and Phoenix didn't get the best record in the league because Booker suddenly figured out how to win, they got there because they added a ridiculous amount of talent.

Booker was underrated in Phoenix when they sucked and he's overrated now that they're good. I agree with you, regardless of who you think is better, it's a very close comparison. Booker 1st team and Mitchell N/A is absurd.
    Real talk: Is Booker even a top 10 player in the league? I kinda don't think he is, and yet he's somehow on the first team. That surprised me more than Embiid getting left off the first team. By most statistical barometers, Curry, Morant and Butler all had better numbers with similar team success than Booker, and none of them played on a team with a player on Chris Paul's level. Younger's numbers were better as well.

I'm all for team success playing some kind of a role in voting for things like this, but it shouldn't be the No. 1 factor, and it feels like it was in this case. I'm not sure what argument someone would have for putting him on the first team that doesn't start with and completely hinge on Phoenix having the best record in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Real talk: Is Booker even a top 10 player in the league?
    in no particular order players I would have above Booker

Giannis, Tatum, Jokic, Embiid, Lebron, Durant, Curry, Doncic, A Davis (when healthy), Kawhi (when healthy), George (when healthy), Lillard, Morant

So that makes him 14-20 range I guess

Quote Originally Posted by AntiG View Post
    in no particular order players I would have above Booker

Giannis, Tatum, Jokic, Embiid, Lebron, Durant, Curry, Doncic, A Davis (when healthy), Kawhi (when healthy), George (when healthy), Lillard, Morant

So that makes him 14-20 range I guess
    I'd put Butler ahead of him without thinking twice, and I think you could make a strong case for KAT, Young and DeRozan (at least last season). Hell, I don't think he's the best player on his own team. Paul may not have the scoring stats, but Game 7 failure aside, he's the guy who runs the show in Phoenix. If you flipped Paul and Booker on the first and third teams, I'd actually have less of a problem with the All-NBA teams.

Man, Miami must be some great organization getting the #1 seed in the conference without an All Star, All-NBA player, or Coach of the Year. Also Bam, who was 4th in DPoY voting, got Defensive 2nd team behind Jaren Jackson Jr, who placed 5th. Don't know how they did it.

Also, hidden in the final tally was a vote for Kyrie Irving. NBA really needs to change who gets to vote. Atrociously bad votes devalues the awards that are being voted on.
    Last edited by TylerSL; 05-25-2022 at 06:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerSL View Post
    Man, Miami must be some great organization getting the #1 seed in the conference without an All Star, All-NBA player, or Coach of the Year. Also Bam, who was 4th in DPoY voting, got Defensive 2nd team behind Jaren Jackson Jr, who placed 5th. Don't know how they did it.

Also, hidden in the final tally was a vote for Kyrie Irving. NBA really needs to change who gets to vote. Atrociously bad votes devalues the awards that are being voted on.
    I know he missed a big chunk of the year, but Butler is absolutely an All-NBA player in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    I know he missed a big chunk of the year, but Butler is absolutely an All-NBA player in my book.
    He may be one of the most under awarded players in league history based on how few he’s received relative to his impact.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast