Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: O's @ NYY

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Feel free, no repercussions from the mods. A free pass. He earned it.

LOL. It would really be ugly. I will hold off, but he knows.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Instead of that stupid extra inning rule that we currently have and yes it is sooooooo effen stupid, how about just call it a tie after 9 innings? No arms are burned out, fans can get home at a decent time and you can still figure it out in the Standings.

But putting a runner on 2nd base? Really? How bad has MLB become?

That's dumber than the current dumb rule. No thanks..........
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Season is shot!

Thoughts of 1998 have went down the drain!

Injuries have cursed this team since 2010 and the Teix hammy in the playoffs vs Texas.

Does that say the season is shot? I must be seeing things. Nicky, why do you do this? I know you want attention, but this is nuts.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    stanton was also put on the injured list with a calf strain.. you may be right..

You two deserve each other.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Andujar should rotate between LF and DH until Stanton is back. Florial should be given a few week shot as the starting CFer at a minimum. The bullpen will need picked up by the young guys. Schmidt looks really good and he’ll probably get some more high leverage opportunities.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Fantastic start by Sears.

I hope Boone gets him out of there. 84 pitches through 5. 0 runs.
    Get the kid out and let him succeed

He surprised me. He had the first inning jitters, then he settled in. Great job.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by Chapin78 View Post
    Dammit Hicks needs to catch that to end the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If that had led to something worse I would have been quite upset.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    What a start by Sears. He's going to be able to help that BP a lot with all the guys we have hurt back there. Marinaccio finally showed what made him so go last yr in AAA, but this time at the MLB level. He'll do well helping out back there as well

Holmes is unbelievable. How in the world did he have a high 4 ERA before coming here? He's been damn near perfect this season, the only run he's given up was in our very first game. It's really going to be a huge benefit for this team next yr not having 40m tied up in 3 backend BP arms. Anyone else remember when so many thought Cashman screwed up trading Park for Holmes, LOL. IMO, Holmes is as good of a reliever as there is in BB outside of Hader.

With Stanton out, they absolutely need to give Andujar a shot. Shocking he doesn't look horrible defensively either. He's always been pretty athletic and a cannon for an arm. He's always been able to hit, hopefully they give him a real chance this time. If for no other reason to build trade value to get the pieces they really need by the deadline. That said, I would really love if he played well enough to take over LF full time next yr.

Hicks is still beyond worthless. I could care less if we have to live with some growing pains with Flo, he's better than what Hicks is giving us.

The real test starts tomorrow. Pretty smart of Blake to line up our 4 best starters for that series

Andujar hasn't really been tested, although he made a decent running catch last night or the night before. We need to see how well he goes back on balls. He was awful last year, that's all I remember. It's a damn shame that andujar can't play first base for some unknown reason. I love Rizzo's defense but this team cannot support a first baseman batting .180. That's what he's done for the entire month of May, ditto for Gallo. Hicks is batting .130 for May as well, and we all know what Higgy and Trevino are giving us on a daily basis. This team is only getting consistent offense from 2 players, Judge and Stanton and now Stanton is out. Some decisions will need to be made by the trade deadline because what we've seen lately is our real offense, not the one that scores a ton of runs per game.

If Morinaccio can pitch at the major league level like how he did in the minors the yankees have got themselves a huge asset. I have not liked how JLo has pitched this season. I'm also hoping Stephen Ridings will be back soon.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789