2479 355 687 70 351 61 .277 .350 .786

Guess who?
    Hicks
    Bernie
    ?

Edit- No it is not.

The Top is Gallo and the bottom is Benintendi

I take Benintendi's line, all day
    Last edited by Kinkotheclown; 05-24-2022 at 10:34 AM.

Ignorance is bliss

Hint both OFers, one is a current Yankee player.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Hicks
    Bernie
    ?

Edit- No it is not.

The Top is Gallo and the bottom is Benintendi

I take Benintendi's line, all day
    You are correct. However given that Benintendi has 400+ more AB's, much closer than one might imagine. Gallo clearly has more power, Benintendi a bit more contact, otherwise surprisingly close. Considering the 400+AB's I would have to give the statistical edge to Gallo.

Grass isn't always greener.

PS. Not to suggest his current play or for that matter his entire tenure in NY hasn't been horrid.

As You mention elsewhere, Benintendi is a rental.
    Last edited by drt1010; 05-24-2022 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    You are correct. However given that Benintendi has 400+ more AB's, much closer than one might imagine. Gallo clearly has more power, Benintendi a bit more contact, otherwise surprisingly close. Considering the 400+AB's I would have to give the statistical edge to Gallo.

PS. Not to suggest hs current play or for that matter his entire tenure in NY hasn't been horrid.
    Career stats are misleading. Benintendi regressed a lot over the years to the point he was a mediocre OFer the last few years before having a great start to this season. Gallo was improving then got to NY and fell off a cliff.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Career stats are misleading. Benintendi regressed a lot over the years to the point he was a mediocre OFer the last few years before having a great start to this season. Gallo was improving then got to NY and fell off a cliff.
    True on both counts.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    now 4 runs for the birds..

Any chance you could stop whining about every little thing? It is quite annoying.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by strahan92osi72 View Post
    Cole is garbage again.

First loss of the season and he is garbage? Seriously?
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    if cole location is off he will be hit no matter how hard he throws

You mean like every other pitcher?
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang

PS. Not to suggest his current play or for that matter his entire tenure in NY hasn't been horrid.

As You mention elsewhere, Benintendi is a rental.
    I would argue that even if you took away 100 hits for those 400 PAs, Benintendi still has 150 more hits. So I wouldn't say, slightly better contact. He is a far, far better contact hitter but has nowhere near the power Gallo has. I do think as Day commented, if you put him into the Yankee lineup, he's a 15-20 hr guy, who still bats around 300 and gets on base at a 350+ clip.

To be clear Doc, this is preference. I would far rather see Benintendi or a guy like him in LF than Gallo.

The overlooked part go Gallo vs a contact/average hitter is in the situational hitting. You need guys who can hit to what is there. Gallo does not and after claiming he is incapable of doing it? I like him less.

His advanced stats are what they are. At his best he is a legit HR threat and decent run producer. He's just nowhere near his best and I am getting the feeling NYC broke him. But maybe a week or two off will get his head straight and we will see a guy who is 220/350/850?

Ignorance is bliss

I would argue that even if you took away 100 hits for those 400 PAs, Benintendi still has 150 more hits. So I wouldn't say, slightly better contact. He is a far, far better contact hitter but has nowhere near the power Gallo has. I do think as Day commented, if you put him into the Yankee lineup, he's a 15-20 hr guy, who still bats around 300 and gets on base at a 350+ clip.

To be clear Doc, this is preference. I would far rather see Benintendi or a guy like him in LF than Gallo.

The overlooked part go Gallo vs a contact/average hitter is in the situational hitting. You need guys who can hit to what is there. Gallo does not and after claiming he is incapable of doing it? I like him less.

His advanced stats are what they are. At his best he is a legit HR threat and decent run producer. He's just nowhere near his best and I am getting the feeling NYC broke him. But maybe a week or two off will get his head straight and we will see a guy who is 220/350/850?
    I don't disagree. Gallo was a better player in Texas. Maybe NYC is in head.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    I don't disagree. Gallo was a better player in Texas. Maybe NYC is in head.
    When he got mock cheered for taking a walk in the last Os series, he was standing on first, shaking his head and listening to the crowd. I think the stage is in his head.

Players have changed that narrative. Arod did it. Stanton has done it. Can Gallo collect himself and get back to doing what he does well? I hope so.

This isn't even delving into the train wreck named Aaron Hicks. He was going to be a 20-20 guy. I guess that meant he was going to make 20 errors and get picked off 20 times. Silly me. I thought it meant 20 hr and 20 sb.

Ignorance is bliss

Here is my starting lineup today.

Flo CF
    Judge RF
    Rizzo 1b
    Stanton DH
    DJ 2B
    JD 3B
    Hicks LF
    Trevino C
    IKF SS

Shake it up and put Flo in a spot with which he is familiar. He doesn't look overmatched at all. I feel like you have to give him a shot to let it click. Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't but throw him into the leadoff spot and see how he does.
    love it

Torres is tied for 3rd in BB with 7 defensive runs saved. He's playing GG caliber defense. Thats a massive improvement from last yr

Here is my starting lineup today.

Flo CF
    Judge RF
    Rizzo 1b
    Stanton DH
    DJ 2B
    JD 3B
    Hicks LF
    Trevino C
    IKF SS

Shake it up and put Flo in a spot with which he is familiar. He doesn't look overmatched at all. I feel like you have to give him a shot to let it click. Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't but throw him into the leadoff spot and see how he does.
    Also, having him in front of Judge, Mike etc basically guarantees Flo would get pitches to hit.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast