Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 35
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    122,113

    NBA All defensive Teams

    2021-22 NBA All-Defensive teams: First team: Giannis Antetokounmpo, Mikal Bridges, Rudy Gobert, Jaren Jackson Jr., Marcus Smart Second team: Bam Adebayo, Draymond Green, Jrue Holiday, Matisse Thybulle, Robert Williams III

    Interesting...

    Embiid: 68 games Gobert: 66 games Williams: 61 games Bam: 56 games Green: 46 games Availability is the best ability only works when its against Embiid,

    Do yall remember the reason joel wasnt allowed to win dpoy or mvp??????????????????????????????????????????????? BECAUSE HE MISSED GAMES yet here we ****ing are but yo the nba isnt in it to **** the sixers. Thyb should be first team BUT NOPE cant have that and its a joke jackson jr is on this list and joel isnt. Hey no worries silver doesnt hate the sixers and there is no bias here.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,399
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    2021-22 NBA All-Defensive teams: First team: Giannis Antetokounmpo, Mikal Bridges, Rudy Gobert, Jaren Jackson Jr., Marcus Smart Second team: Bam Adebayo, Draymond Green, Jrue Holiday, Matisse Thybulle, Robert Williams III

    Interesting...

    Embiid: 68 games Gobert: 66 games Williams: 61 games Bam: 56 games Green: 46 games Availability is the best ability only works when its against Embiid,

    Do yall remember the reason joel wasnt allowed to win dpoy or mvp??????????????????????????????????????????????? BECAUSE HE MISSED GAMES yet here we ****ing are but yo the nba isnt in it to **** the sixers. Thyb should be first team BUT NOPE cant have that and its a joke jackson jr is on this list and joel isnt. Hey no worries silver doesnt hate the sixers and there is no bias here.
    No comment on Embiid just cause I would have to look into it more. Embiid is the most intimidating defender although I heard from many that is was a down year for him defensively.

    Jackson Jr. is deserving. This year he is one of the most polished defenders in every aspect of the game. Pick and roll, rim protection, transition d, man to man.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    60,768
    Oh great, another nauseating post about how the NBA is against the 76ers because media memebers vote for other people.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    41,964
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    2021-22 NBA All-Defensive teams: First team: Giannis Antetokounmpo, Mikal Bridges, Rudy Gobert, Jaren Jackson Jr., Marcus Smart Second team: Bam Adebayo, Draymond Green, Jrue Holiday, Matisse Thybulle, Robert Williams III

    Interesting...

    Embiid: 68 games Gobert: 66 games Williams: 61 games Bam: 56 games Green: 46 games Availability is the best ability only works when its against Embiid,

    Do yall remember the reason joel wasnt allowed to win dpoy or mvp??????????????????????????????????????????????? BECAUSE HE MISSED GAMES yet here we ****ing are but yo the nba isnt in it to **** the sixers. Thyb should be first team BUT NOPE cant have that and its a joke jackson jr is on this list and joel isnt. Hey no worries silver doesnt hate the sixers and there is no bias here.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    60,768
    Embiid wasnt even the biggest robbery here. It was that they slid Bridges to SG (despite playing only 8 games there) and bumped FVV out.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    69,493
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Embiid wasnt even the biggest robbery here. It was that they slid Bridges to SG (despite playing only 8 games there) and bumped FVV out.


    Itís that JJJ got 1st team over Bam.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    60,768
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post


    Itís that JJJ got 1st team over Bam.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Didnt Bam make it as C and JJJ make it as forward? JJJ should be 2nd team anyway with Bridges and Giannis 1et team forwards.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    60,768
    Actually Bam listed as F is weird too.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    41,964
    These teams always leave out valid players and include players they shouldn't. I feel like there should be a minimum minutes/minimum starts for inclusion.

    I'd like all these post season awards to be revamped to be more clear and consistent and not decided just by media.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    26,036
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    2021-22 NBA All-Defensive teams: First team: Giannis Antetokounmpo, Mikal Bridges, Rudy Gobert, Jaren Jackson Jr., Marcus Smart Second team: Bam Adebayo, Draymond Green, Jrue Holiday, Matisse Thybulle, Robert Williams III

    Interesting...

    Embiid: 68 games Gobert: 66 games Williams: 61 games Bam: 56 games Green: 46 games Availability is the best ability only works when its against Embiid,

    Do yall remember the reason joel wasnt allowed to win dpoy or mvp??????????????????????????????????????????????? BECAUSE HE MISSED GAMES yet here we ****ing are but yo the nba isnt in it to **** the sixers. Thyb should be first team BUT NOPE cant have that and its a joke jackson jr is on this list and joel isnt. Hey no worries silver doesnt hate the sixers and there is no bias here.
    Joel won most valuable Philadelphian. He doesnít need any lame all nba defence recognitions. Heís a big, special guy.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    60,768
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    These teams always leave out valid players and include players they shouldn't. I feel like there should be a minimum minutes/minimum starts for inclusion.

    I'd like all these post season awards to be revamped to be more clear and consistent and not decided just by media.
    I dont mind the media but they should have the ballots come with explanations as to why and should come from more valuable media memebrs. Like SAS having one is a bit of a joke.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    41,964
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    I dont mind the media but they should have the ballots come with explanations as to why and should come from more valuable media memebrs. Like SAS having one is a bit of a joke.
    The individual media members use completely different metrics to make the decisions. There is no consistency at all.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    69,493
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    These teams always leave out valid players and include players they shouldn't. I feel like there should be a minimum minutes/minimum starts for inclusion.

    I'd like all these post season awards to be revamped to be more clear and consistent and not decided just by media.
    Adam Silver said heís looking into mandating minimums for all awards. Iím not a huge fan because someone can legit be worthy and legit miss time.

    The good news is heís looking at disassociating super maxes from awards.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    60,768
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    The individual media members use completely different metrics to make the decisions. There is no consistency at all.
    I dont like it but I dont want to disqualify someone for having an evaluation method that I donr agree with.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    41,964
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Adam Silver said heís looking into mandating minimums for all awards. Iím not a huge fan because someone can legit be worthy and legit miss time.

    The good news is heís looking at disassociating super maxes from awards.
    I think the contract terms were originally associated because of an arbitration and that it was never negotiated. Good that they are looking to fix it.

    Nobody is saying a player can't miss any time, but there should be a minimum games/minutes played. If a player only played 100 minutes should they be evaluated on their per minute impact against a player who played 3000 minutes? I think that seems clear. The question is where should that line be ... 2000 minutes? 2200?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •