Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
Results 151 to 161 of 161
  1. #151
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Jersey/Delaware/PA
    Posts
    3,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    True. That's why the burden of proof is always on the person making the claim. You must prove why someone calling you Jackie is racist. Why did Anderson think so? They asked him after the game. He said he felt disrespected, that's it. Nothing about racism. He couldn't even articulate why he felt disrespected much less racially discriminated against. He barely even looked at the cameras. There wasn't even any conviction behind his words as he was saying them. These are the telltale signs of someone who is lying.
    100%. Exactly. The key here is that the burden of proof is on the accuser. That's how society works. Saying "It made me feel like a victim of racism" is not proof of racism and never will be. If you assume the worst intentions in people you will be surrounded by enemies your entire life. You said it yourself you can't prove intent. Therefore you admit you can't prove that it's racist. So maybe stop saying it is and assuming the worst? I'm all for investigating, but if/when nothing comes of that investigation it is time to move on. Nothing to see here. Donaldson is not a proven racist. Next issue please.

  2. #152
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    15,455
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Rama View Post
    I think you are being overly doom and gloom here. This team has some flaws and some warts, like any other. They still have the best record in the league right now though. That's not easy to do, easy schedule or not. There are some things that need figuring out but it's not all doom and gloom. The starting rotation is awesome, the team plays excellent defense, and the front half of the lineup has been great. 6-9 in the lineup and the bullpen could use some upgrades. It's gonna be okay. Let's see how it plays out.

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    26,473
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Anderson is a twat. Unless JD said something else or whispered something else we don't know, Anderson is responsible for his own stupidity. Anderson considered himself to be the modern version of one of the greatest, most important and impactful players in the history of the game? That is laughable and insulting

    I appreciate the concepts of micro aggression, oppression, systemic racism and I am fully aware of its existence, but this isn't it.

    If Anderson claimed to be the modern day, Arod and JD said, "nice job Arod"?
    What if Anderson said he was the modern day Ichiro and JD said, "nice job Ichi"?
    Mickey Mantle? "Nice job Mick"


    What do you expect those guys (you mentioned) to say? If anyone says it's no biggie, they will be crucified. (whoops, that's offensive).

    If I told you I was the modern day Joe Namath and you picked me two times, might you say, "Way to go Joe"?

    For the record, I don't like telling anyone how to feel about any language. We are all allowed.
    Making a comment of "I don't like telling minorities how they're supposed to feel about language directed at them." isn't actual ownership or an actual comment or opinion.
    It's a walk away. That's totally cool but if you are going to say that, don'e follow it up with more explanation.
    This is exactly my point. It is racist just because Jackie Robinson was black? You can't call someone the name of another person if they are black? That is literally the way the world works today and it is ridiculous. It is racist if it comes from a place of hate or oppression, not simply because of the color. Anyone who is offended by it this type of thing is a typical race baiter, which is way too common these days.

    This is no different than Rizzo calling himself the modern day Babe Ruth and someone mockingly calling him Babe as a way to say, "you ain't no Babe Ruth."

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    26,473
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Rama View Post
    100%. Exactly. The key here is that the burden of proof is on the accuser. That's how society works. Saying "It made me feel like a victim of racism" is not proof of racism and never will be. If you assume the worst intentions in people you will be surrounded by enemies your entire life. You said it yourself you can't prove intent. Therefore you admit you can't prove that it's racist. So maybe stop saying it is and assuming the worst? I'm all for investigating, but if/when nothing comes of that investigation it is time to move on. Nothing to see here. Donaldson is not a proven racist. Next issue please.
    Sadly, this just isn't the truth anymore. If someone claims racism and someone else disputes that, it turns into a "you can't tell them how to feel or how to react to something." So ridiculous.

  5. #155
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    44,255
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    This is exactly my point. It is racist just because Jackie Robinson was black? You can't call someone the name of another person if they are black? That is literally the way the world works today and it is ridiculous. It is racist if it comes from a place of hate or oppression, not simply because of the color. Anyone who is offended by it this type of thing is a typical race baiter, which is way too common these days.

    This is no different than Rizzo calling himself the modern day Babe Ruth and someone mockingly calling him Babe as a way to say, "you ain't no Babe Ruth."
    Yep



    Ignorance is bliss

  6. #156
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    26,473
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    If instead of saying, "Hey Jackie," Donaldson had said, "Hey next Jackie Robinson," would that be racist?

    Some people are just stupid. Even Cone on the broadcast and of course Boone, who claim it was wrong to say it.

    ESPN turns everything into a major issue. They are promoting the ridiculous Disney weenie agenda.
    ESPN is so "woke" now. I'm sure media companies feel the pressure to over do it on any issue that is being made sensitive. If ESPN doesn't acknowledge it or agree then a bunch of SJW's will say a big media org owned by whites is racist. Round and round we go.

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    44,255
    Donaldson was fined for being disrespectful. (How about fining Anderson for the same because he compared himself to Jackie Robinson?)

    So now, if a player. says F- you to another player, is that worthy of a fine?

    If a guys tells a guy to shut up? Is that disrespectful? Fineable?



    Ignorance is bliss

  8. #158
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    8,835
    It's the same old story, blacks are minorities and in today's world get to set the rules as we go because if they can't it is the continuation of a white man punching down on the downtrodden black man for hundreds of years. It's the same with inherent and systemic racism in that many blacks will never believe that all whites aren't inherently racist. My rebuttal argument is that if all whites are inherently racist and feel that blacks are beneath them, then why are there so many inter-racial marriages.

    Footnote. My nephew who is half Italian and half Greek is dating a beautiful Nigerian woman for the past two months and they are inseparable and my sister and her husband are overjoyed that he found someone to love. Her Nigerian mother recently commented to her that she doesn't understand what she is doing with that white boy, especially when her last boyfriend was black. But I digress, just to provide a case study to prove that not all white people are racist and sometimes black people are more racist. Whether black or white, it all depends what's in your heart thet matters.

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    8,610
    What i find hilarious is that the white sox forum hasn't made one peep about this, at all. Even white sox fans smell bull**** when they hear it. JD should not have been fined or suspended. This is equivalent to someone on the opposing team yelling something to you during a game to hurt your feelings, and we all know how uncommon that is right?? LaRussa basically played the overly protective grandma who made up a story about racism to protect her overly sensitve grandson.

  10. #160
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    44,255
    Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    What i find hilarious is that the white sox forum hasn't made one peep about this, at all. Even white sox fans smell bull**** when they hear it. JD should not have been fined or suspended. This is equivalent to someone on the opposing team yelling something to you during a game to hurt your feelings, and we all know how uncommon that is right?? LaRussa basically played the overly protective grandma who made up a story about racism to protect her overly sensitve grandson.
    100% To the bolded. This sets a precedent for a player to say they were offended by a comment.
    I really hope Anderson makes any sort of comment to JD and he flips the script.



    Ignorance is bliss

  11. #161
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    17,060
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    100% To the bolded. This sets a precedent for a player to say they were offended by a comment.
    I really hope Anderson makes any sort of comment to JD and he flips the script.
    Agree.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •