Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Again, I'm not giving Tim a pass. It was dumb of him to compare himself to Jackie Robinson but I don't think it was particularly intelligent for JD to goad him that way either. Like I said, you have a number of minority athletes who didn't take kindly to what JD said. I'm not in their shoes so it would be wrong of me to explain how it affects them as opposed to how it would affect me. Obviously Tim and JD don't get along either so I'm not buying his explanation that it was some kind of inside joke. We see players banter back and forth. That didn't look like anything of the sort.
    Making the name Jackie into a race issue is the most ridiculously thing I had ever heard with these professional athletes.

The first question is why didnít anybody call out Tim Anderson on the day he first mentioned Jackie with regards to himself?

It should have ended there!
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night

Yanks canít ever have a healthy bullie.

Green gone with TJ
    Britton still out.
    Now Chapman and the Achilles?

Bullie has been weakened, JLo is not the same pitcher as last season.

Either go in-house with some fresh bullie arms or going to have to make a trade for a true closer who is a rental if not going to be losing games with the bullieÖ..
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

If instead of saying, "Hey Jackie," Donaldson had said, "Hey next Jackie Robinson," would that be racist?

Some people are just stupid. Even Cone on the broadcast and of course Boone, who claim it was wrong to say it.

ESPN turns everything into a major issue. They are promoting the ridiculous Disney weenie agenda.

Chapman should not pitch if his achilles is hurting or at least not pitch in a tie game in the 9th inning.

Loaisiga's problem is control and pitch selection. He has the hitter 0-2 and throws a cutter over the middle of the plate. Otherwise he gets out of the inning and the game remains scoreless.

We should have traded Green when we had the chance. Goodbye Green, it was nice knowing you. The same goes for Gil. How often is it that our trade pieces get injured after we don't pull the trigger.

Judge is phenomenal and deserves whatever they pay him. We are taking a colossal, galactically stupid risk in not signing him. There are so many what ifs. For all you non Judge believers, what happens if he goes to the highest bidder and that bidder is the Mets owner. Are you prepared for 10 years of hell?

Sexy is da bomb and Tailon has done well too, as have all 5 starters. Let's keep it up.

Florial has all the tools in the world except for the one between his ears to put it all together. His biggest asset is his fielding and yet he looks pedestrian out there. He misplays a fly ball and I was cringing when other balls were hit to him. He even caught them funny. One easy fly ball he caught chest high or below, which just looked awkward that he didn't catch it higher. I'll give him credit for taking a 1-2 pitch that just missed the plate, although it looked like he was totally fooled on it. Is he better than Hicks? It might be hard not to be, but I'm not as enthused as many of you here. However, I'm willing to wait and see. Perhaps, he'll get a chance with Gallo out or maybe he goes back down, since he's the 27th man on the double-header.

Every team faces adversity. It just happened to us. Stupid controversies with Nestor and Donaldson. Then, allowing the media to frame a verbal exchange in the worst possible light and then losing a tough double-header in which we were tied in the 8th and 9th innings with what some believe is the best bullpen in baseball. We've now lost 3 of 4 since Thursday, when all games were winnable. Hopefully, we snap out of it, starting tonight against Baltimore.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    Chapman should not pitch if his achilles is hurting or at least not pitch in a tie game in the 9th inning.

Loaisiga's problem is control and pitch selection. He has the hitter 0-2 and throws a cutter over the middle of the plate. Otherwise he gets out of the inning and the game remains scoreless.

We should have traded Green when we had the chance. Goodbye Green, it was nice knowing you. The same goes for Gil. How often is it that our trade pieces get injured after we don't pull the trigger.

Judge is phenomenal and deserves whatever they pay him. We are taking a colossal, galactically stupid risk in not signing him. There are so many what ifs. For all you non Judge believers, what happens if he goes to the highest bidder and that bidder is the Mets owner. Are you prepared for 10 years of hell?

Sexy is da bomb and Tailon has done well too, as have all 5 starters. Let's keep it up.

Florial has all the tools in the world except for the one between his ears to put it all together. His biggest asset is his fielding and yet he looks pedestrian out there. He misplays a fly ball and I was cringing when other balls were hit to him. He even caught them funny. One easy fly ball he caught chest high or below, which just looked awkward that he didn't catch it higher. I'll give him credit for taking a 1-2 pitch that just missed the plate, although it looked like he was totally fooled on it. Is he better than Hicks? It might be hard not to be, but I'm not as enthused as many of you here. However, I'm willing to wait and see. Perhaps, he'll get a chance with Gallo out or maybe he goes back down, since he's the 27th man on the double-header.

Every team faces adversity. It just happened to us. Stupid controversies with Nestor and Donaldson. Then, allowing the media to frame a verbal exchange in the worst possible light and then losing a tough double-header in which we were tied in the 8th and 9th innings with what some believe is the best bullpen in baseball. We've now lost 3 of 4 since Thursday, when all games were winnable. Hopefully, we snap out of it, starting tonight against Baltimore.
    Flo will be okÖ

But with a damaged bullie we could be in serious trouble unless the rotation goes 6-7 every night. Thst is the problem with todays game. Relying on the bullpen now just creates more opportunities for one of the arms coming out that day to have an off day.

A starter going 7-9 innings really helps out more than 7/8 bullie arms.
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 05-23-2022 at 08:08 AM.
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Making the name Jackie into a race issue is the most ridiculously thing I had ever heard with these professional athletes.

The first question is why didnít anybody call out Tim Anderson on the day he first mentioned Jackie with regards to himself?

It should have ended there!
    agreed, I don't get how this is a racist issue.. They, Media... Want it to be..And who would compare themselves to a legend... I get the jabs by Donaldson, My guess is he isn't the only one.. But to call out a Yankee in NY makes a lot of sense if you are trying to cause a distraction.

I would be more upset that Anderson would ever try to compare himself to a legend, That is the real issue.
    Last edited by sicknick12; 05-23-2022 at 08:24 AM.

Also, Tim Anderson wants to make baseball fun again... So he wants to show off and act a fool after a home run... Yet he can't take a lil jab about a dumb comment he made comparing himself, To a legend... Someone he will never be, Or even close.. And the scenario's are totally different and can never be compared.. He is the one undermining racism

Last edited by metswon69; 05-23-2022 at 09:22 AM.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by sicknick12 View Post
    Also, Tim Anderson wants to make baseball fun again... So he wants to show off and act a fool after a home run... Yet he can't take a lil jab about a dumb comment he made comparing himself, To a legend... Someone he will never be, Or even close.. And the scenario's are totally different and can never be compared.. He is the one undermining racism

Bingo.

If you want to talk smack, do it. But don't cry would when it's done to you. for something you said.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Rama View Post
    Whitesplaining... OK. Just because it's "a thing" doesn't mean it applies here, and in this case it doesn't. It is not difficult to determine what racism is, and it does not depend on who is the person perceiving it. It either meets the definition of racism or it does not. This does not.
    This is not remotely true. Intent is not easy to determine. We think we can determine intent because we tend to give people we support the benefit of the doubt. On the other hand, we tend to demonize those who we're not so quickly to give that same benefit. Just because most people believe Donaldson's intent wasn't racist doesn't mean it wasn't.

I don't know what meeting the definition of racism is either. That's a very vague statement because you may not meet that textbook definition and yet the intent of the person perpetuating it can still be there. Not all racism is presented with an ethnic or racial slur. Sometimes its presented with a joke and a smile.
    Last edited by metswon69; 05-23-2022 at 09:33 AM.

https://www.nj.com/yankees/2022/05/w...run-homer.html

Shows how little class Timmy Jackie Anderson has.

Mets you are correct, intent is difficult to decide and define in this situ. Only JD knows for certain. Considering there was a history here dating back to JD's time in Atlanta, a time in which they both reportedly "joked" about it, does he garner any benefit? Does he deserve any?

My read. JD is an instigator and ball breaker. His reputation precedes him. He tried to get under Anderson's skin, it didn't go as planned. Imo the culprit, if there is one, is LaRussa. He escalated the issue and defined it.

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Mets you are correct, intent is difficult to decide and define in this situ. Only JD knows for certain. Considering there was a history here dating back to JD's time in Atlanta, a time in which they both reportedly "joked" about it, does he garner any benefit? Does he deserve any?

My read. JD is an instigator and ball breaker. His reputation precedes him. He tried to get under Anderson's skin, it didn't go as planned. Imo the culprit, if there is one, is LaRussa. He escalated the issue and defined it.
    That's a tough question because people change their minds about things. What might not have offended Anderson 3 years ago, might now. If that is the case, he should have told Donaldson to knock it the **** off.

I agree with your point though. I do think JD is just an instigator and that LaRussa opened a can of worms by saying it was a racist statement.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    looks like the yanks will lose a d/h a terrible job by the yanks...

Total horrible day. Hicks is the most useless player we have had in a long time. I don't care how many freaking walks he has. Getting picked off there was just plain DUMB. And i do not think they plan to make a change. We have to hope he somehow figures it out.

Seems Chap has an injury. I think he needs a stint on the 60 day IL. They can spread the closer role around. Holmes is just too valuable to just close.

Only good thing was our starters. They both did a great job. Both deserved a win.
    Last edited by YANKSGUY; 05-23-2022 at 11:21 AM.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

This is not remotely true. Intent is not easy to determine. We think we can determine intent because we tend to give people we support the benefit of the doubt. On the other hand, we tend to demonize those who we're not so quickly to give that same benefit. Just because most people believe Donaldson's intent wasn't racist doesn't mean it wasn't.

I don't know what meeting the definition of racism is either. That's a very vague statement because you may not meet that textbook definition and yet the intent of the person perpetuating it can still be there. Not all racism is presented with an ethnic or racial slur. Sometimes its presented with a joke and a smile.
    Racism is racism. Just because one person says it is, doesnít make it so.

Maybe someone canít take a joke, or is too stupid to understand the joke, and decides to blow it up into something itís not. And then everyone is so afraid of talking about it logically, that they just default to it being offensive, because itís the safe thing to do

Should we say Anderson is ďblacksplainingĒ? Or is that not a thing?
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 05-23-2022 at 10:57 AM.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast