Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    looks like the yanks will lose a d/h a terrible job by the yanks...
    Just awful. This is a donate your checks to charity because you donít deserve them type of performance. 1 run in two games? Seriously. And a handful of hits? Iím all for giving the Six pitchers credit but itís not all them. Yankees need a fire lit under their *****.

these losses are the result of no offense i know against tough pitchers.. these games another example of yanks live and die by the home run..
    Not to single anyone out, but DJ in particular looks like trash lately, with the only exception of his wall scraping home run heís done nothing or late.

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    Context matters here....a lot. How many times have we all repeated something about someone after they said it about themselves already? And even more so, when done boastfully. If a black man compares himself to the cartoon character fat albert and you make fun of him by calling him Albert, or Fat Albert and he happens to be black, are you being a racist?!? If I'm asian, and I call myself the next Jackie Chan, and then someone calls me Jackie, are they a racist? Btw, excuse me for using the "J" word here. I hope this doesn't get back to Anderson. This is an insane argument, by people, who constantly have race on the mind and should be absolutely ignored, for they are the actual racists!!
    I don't like telling minorities how they're supposed to feel about language directed at them. Guys like Pedro Martinez, Preston Wilson, even Cameron Maybin who works for YES (among others) were not cool with it and they didn't appreciate all the whitesplaining that was done to justify it. I'm not giving Tim a pass but I don't think Donaldson deserves one either. If JD was trying to hit a nerve, there were other ways to do it.
    Last edited by metswon69; 05-22-2022 at 09:52 PM.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I don't like telling minorities how they're supposed to feel about language directed at them. Guys like Pedro, Preston Wilson, even Cameron Maybin who works for YES (among others) were not cool with it and they didn't appreciate all the whitesplaining that was done to justify it. I'm not giving Tim a pass but I don't think Donaldson deserves one either. If JD was trying to hit a nerve, there were other ways to do it.

Anderson is a twat. Unless JD said something else or whispered something else we don't know, Anderson is responsible for his own stupidity. Anderson considered himself to be the modern version of one of the greatest, most important and impactful players in the history of the game? That is laughable and insulting

I appreciate the concepts of micro aggression, oppression, systemic racism and I am fully aware of its existence, but this isn't it.

If Anderson claimed to be the modern day, Arod and JD said, "nice job Arod"?
    What if Anderson said he was the modern day Ichiro and JD said, "nice job Ichi"?
    Mickey Mantle? "Nice job Mick"

What do you expect those guys (you mentioned) to say? If anyone says it's no biggie, they will be crucified. (whoops, that's offensive).

If I told you I was the modern day Joe Namath and you picked me two times, might you say, "Way to go Joe"?

For the record, I don't like telling anyone how to feel about any language. We are all allowed.
    Making a comment of "I don't like telling minorities how they're supposed to feel about language directed at them." isn't actual ownership or an actual comment or opinion.
    It's a walk away. That's totally cool but if you are going to say that, don'e follow it up with more explanation.
    Last edited by Kinkotheclown; 05-22-2022 at 10:02 PM.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by strahan92osi72 View Post
    Not to single anyone out, but DJ in particular looks like trash lately, with the only exception of his wall scraping home run heís done nothing or late.
    his average is down to 252 though he has had a few big hits of late grand slam plus the 9th inning tying run vs the birds.rizzo is now 13-76 major slump.. only judge and stanton are performing up to their standards..

we are finally seeing some cracks showing up for the yanks ....on the pitching side....

we are finally seeing some cracks showing up for the yanks ....on the pitching side....
    I think the offense is the bigger issue tbh. Bullpen arms are all hit or miss, there are very few lock down arms now it seems year after year. Look at Loaisaga, he was great last year this year he stinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Please stop

Anderson is a twat. Unless JD said something else? Anderson considered himself to be the modern version of one of the greatest, most important and impactful players in the history of the game.

I appreciate the semantics and concept of micro aggression.... but this isn't it.

If Anderson claimed to be the modern day, Arod and JD said, "nice job Arod"?
    What if Anderson said he was the modern day Ichiro and JD said, "nice job Ichi"?
    Mickey Mantle?

What do you expect those guys to say? If anyone says it's no biggie, they will be crucified. (whoops, that's offensive).

If I told you I was the modern day Joe Namath and you picked me two times, might you say, "Way to go Joe"?
    Again, I'm not giving Tim a pass. It was dumb of him to compare himself to Jackie Robinson but I don't think it was particularly intelligent for JD to goad him that way either. Like I said, you have a number of minority athletes who didn't take kindly to what JD said. I'm not in their shoes so it would be wrong of me to explain how it affects them as opposed to how it would affect me. Obviously Tim and JD don't get along either so I'm not buying his explanation that it was some kind of inside joke. We see players banter back and forth. That didn't look like anything of the sort.

I don't like telling minorities how they're supposed to feel about language directed at them. Guys like Pedro Martinez, Preston Wilson, even Cameron Maybin who works for YES (among others) were not cool with it and they didn't appreciate all the whitesplaining that was done to justify it. I'm not giving Tim a pass but I don't think Donaldson deserves one either. If JD was trying to hit a nerve, there were other ways to do it.
    Whitesplaining? Lol

So basically, what youíre saying, is that because someone thinks something, itís 100% true, regardless of whether it makes sense or not? Is that how everyone should live life? Is only one type of person an expert, an authority on whatís racist, or not?

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Again, I'm not giving Tim a pass. It was dumb of him to compare himself to Jackie Robinson but I don't think it was particularly intelligent for JD to goad him that way either. Like I said, you have a number of minority athletes who didn't take kindly to what JD said. I'm not in their shoes so it would be wrong of me to explain how it affects them as opposed to how it would affect me. Obviously Tim and JD don't get along either so I'm not buying his explanation that it was some kind of inside joke. We see players banter back and forth. That didn't look like anything of the sort.
    I agree. But getting under someone's skin because of a comment they made about themselves?
    If JD just randomly called him Jackie? Totally different.
    I find zero issue with simply calling someone out for something they've said about themselves.
    Personal? Hell yes. But if you put it out there?

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Whitesplaining? Lol

So basically, what youíre saying, is that because someone thinks something, itís 100% true, regardless of whether it makes sense or not? Is that how everyone should live life? Is only one type of person an expert, an authority on whatís racist, or not?
    No, I just think the use of language is different based on who its directed at and specifically when it comes to race. Intent is never easy to determine. Do I think JD said it in a racist manner? No. Do I understand why Tim Anderson might have felt that he did? Yes, specifically when they don't get along. I'm not trying to get political btw but whitesplaining is a thing. It happened a ton with Colin Kaepernick even if I didn't agree with everything he said.
    Last edited by metswon69; 05-22-2022 at 10:50 PM.

Back to actual BB. Two guys from the Yanks I thought preformed incredibly well, Taillon and Sevy. They single handedly kept the Yanks in those games while they were still in. Huge performances by both. Sevy didn't have his best stuff, but wow he's a gamer. Made huge pitches and dialed up the velo to 98-100 a couple times when he needed to against a pretty tough lineup. I'd bet the farm in his next handful of starts he puts it all together for atleast 1 with his best stuff and it's going to be naughty

If Chapman has a bad Achilles, why in the hell are they running out there? put him on the IL and hope he gets right. Kinda explains why the FB velocity is so far down and why he's living and dying (mostly dying) with the breaking pitches.

Holmes is more than capable of handling the closing duties till then.

I wish I understood what was going on with Lo. He's still be 97-100 with similar movement on the sinker. The CB still looks fine, but the CU looks pretty flat. It's obviously a mechanical thing, but wow he and Blake need to get it figured out.

I think the BP will be fine. German can take over for Green and likely be just as, if not more effective. Sears has a 0.43 ERA in AAA, he certainly could help, Manny could help and if they really need it, Wesneski could be a really good BP weapon

Especially after the first game, I'll take Flo 10/10 times over Hicks. He did miss read that ball in the sun, but he still was better out there than Hicks. He also has a cannon for an arm. One thing I don't get, why do the scouting reports say he has poor pitch recognition, bat control and looks overmatched against high velo? Kopech probably had the best stuff from a starter we've seen all yr. Flo worked the count, laid off breaking pitches that were close and hit the ball hard twice. Hicks played a huge part in us losing game 1 with a couple of really, really boneheaded plays. With Gallo out, I hope we see more of Flo and see what he can do in a longer look.

Ugly series, but still only the 2nd series we lost this yr and this was by far the worst we've played. If it weren't for the 2 great starts from Taillon and Sevy it should have been, much, much worse.

I'm starting to buy into getting Contreras to be our main C. Way to many dead spots in the lineup

Hopefully our lineup can get hot against the O's. We have a tough stretch coming up with Tampa and LAA next week
    Last edited by dayners81; 05-23-2022 at 12:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Back to actual BB. Two guys from the Yanks I thought preformed incredibly well, Taillon and Sevy. They single handedly kept the Yanks in those games while they were still in. Huge performances by both. Sevy didn't have his best stuff, but wow he's a gamer. Made huge pitches and dialed up the velo to 98-100 a couple times when he needed to against a pretty tough lineup. I'd bet the farm in his next handful of starts he puts it all together for atleast 1 with his best stuff and it's going to be naughty

If Chapman has a bad Achilles, why in the hell are they running out there? put him on the IL and hope he gets right. Kinda explains why the FB velocity is so far down and why he's living and dying (mostly dying) with the breaking pitches.

Holmes is more than capable of handling the closing duties till then.

I wish I understood what was going on with Lo. He's still be 97-100 with similar movement on the sinker. The CB still looks fine, but the CU looks pretty flat. It's obviously a mechanical thing, but wow he and Blake need to get it figured out.

I think the BP will be fine. German can take over for Green and likely be just as, if not more effective. Sears has a 0.43 ERA in AAA, he certainly could help, Manny could help and if they really need it, Wesneski could be a really good BP weapon

Especially after the first game, I'll take Flo 10/10 times over Hicks. He did miss read that ball in the sun, but he still was better out there than Hicks. He also has a cannon for an arm. One thing I don't get, why do the scouting reports say he has poor pitch recognition, bat control and looks overmatched against high velo? Kopech probably had the best stuff from a starter we've seen all yr. Flo worked the count, laid off breaking pitches that were close and hit the ball hard twice. Hicks played a huge part in us losing game 1 with a couple of really, really boneheaded plays. With Gallo out, I hope we see more of Flo and see what he can do in a longer look.

Ugly series, but still only the 2nd series we lost this yr and this was by far the worst we've played. If it weren't for the 2 great starts from Taillon and Sevy it should have been, much, much worse.

I'm starting to buy into getting Contreras to be our main C. Way to many dead spots in the lineup

Hopefully our lineup can get hot against the O's. We have a tough stretch coming up with Tampa and LAA next week
    florial is 24 and has never done anything worthy in the minors he will be nothing in the majors even if some team gave him a chance..

loaisiga issue is location his pitches this year have been up while last year they were down that is why he is getting hit.. say what you want about green he was very reliable most of the time german would never be able to do what green has achieved as a mid to late reliever yanks have serious bullpen cracks... and since the starters do not go long that is a huge problem.

yanks have had a very cupcake schedule so far this season including the orioles coming up

the yanks have a lot to prove.. in these next 3 series.. they have to sweep the orioles to make up for losing the series to the whitesox then they have to win 3/4 in tampa and win the series vs the angels.. if they do that i will start believing this was a hiccup this weekend..

Whitesplaining... OK. Just because it's "a thing" doesn't mean it applies here, and in this case it doesn't. It is not difficult to determine what racism is, and it does not depend on who is the person perceiving it. It either meets the definition of racism or it does not. This does not.

florial is 24 and has never done anything worthy in the minors he will be nothing in the majors even if some team gave him a chance..

loaisiga issue is location his pitches this year have been up while last year they were down that is why he is getting hit.. say what you want about green he was very reliable most of the time german would never be able to do what green has achieved as a mid to late reliever yanks have serious bullpen cracks... and since the starters do not go long that is a huge problem.

yanks have had a very cupcake schedule so far this season including the orioles coming up

the yanks have a lot to prove.. in these next 3 series.. they have to sweep the orioles to make up for losing the series to the whitesox then they have to win 3/4 in tampa and win the series vs the angels.. if they do that i will start believing this was a hiccup this weekend..
    I think you are being overly doom and gloom here. This team has some flaws and some warts, like any other. They still have the best record in the league right now though. That's not easy to do, easy schedule or not. There are some things that need figuring out but it's not all doom and gloom. The starting rotation is awesome, the team plays excellent defense, and the front half of the lineup has been great. 6-9 in the lineup and the bullpen could use some upgrades. It's gonna be okay. Let's see how it plays out.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast