Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

PFF regrading 2021 draft

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-regradi...dallas-cowboys

Eagles jump from B- to A- for getting DeVonta and A.J Thanks to Miami

Quote Originally Posted by cattusmaru View Post
    https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-regradi...dallas-cowboys

Eagles jump from B- to A- for getting DeVonta and A.J Thanks to Miami
    The eagles used the Miami pick, #15, to trade up for Jordan Davis. So really the 2021 draft allowed the eagles to get devonta smith and Jordan Davis. The eagles traded #18 for AJ brown. That #18 pick came from the saints when the eagles swapped their own pick (#19) for #18. Still, the 2021 draft should be upgraded for that move that allowed them to get devonta and Jordan Davis.

Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    The eagles used the Miami pick, #15, to trade up for Jordan Davis. So really the 2021 draft allowed the eagles to get devonta smith and Jordan Davis. The eagles traded #18 for AJ brown. That #18 pick came from the saints when the eagles swapped their own pick (#19) for #18. Still, the 2021 draft should be upgraded for that move that allowed them to get devonta and Jordan Davis.
    Oh yes, that's how smart trades are done. Trading down for future picks is the new trend like orange is the new black

Howie is the man!!!

Oh yes, that's how smart trades are done. Trading down for future picks is the new trend like orange is the new black

Howie is the man!!!
    We could be saying the same thing next year about the New Orleans trade. Eagles own their 1st next year. I donít think they are a playoff team but I donít think they will be a bad team either. Drew brees is flirting with coming back to football so that would help them if it happens. I donít know what to think about the new coach but I could see regression for sure with no Peyton and brees.

Cleveland Browns:

Initial draft grade: A+
    1-year Regrade: A+

Greg Newsome had an awesome rookie season as the #2 and I'm guessing he only gets better. Our 2022 CB room: Denzel Ward, Greg Newsome, Greedy Williams, Martin Emerson (3rd round rookie), AJ Green. Very solid CB room.

JOK is my favorite player on the team and in the league. Love, love him! PFF graded 6th best LB in the league who has lightning fast reflexes, great anticipation, and a myriad of other good traits. I think he will be a pro bowler soon.
    [SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    Cleveland Browns:

Initial draft grade: A+
    1-year Regrade: A+

Greg Newsome had an awesome rookie season as the #2 and I'm guessing he only gets better. Our 2022 CB room: Denzel Ward, Greg Newsome, Greedy Williams, Martin Emerson (3rd round rookie), AJ Green. Very solid CB room.

JOK is my favorite player on the team and in the league. Love, love him! PFF graded 6th best LB in the league who has lightning fast reflexes, great anticipation, and a myriad of other good traits. I think he will be a pro bowler soon.
    JOK was my draft crush last year. I wanted the eagles to draft him so bad, especially when I saw him drop into the 2nd round. Luckily the eagles drafted a guy that I think is very similar to JOK in nakobe dean this year. Iím really excited about him

JOK was my draft crush last year. I wanted the eagles to draft him so bad, especially when I saw him drop into the 2nd round. Luckily the eagles drafted a guy that I think is very similar to JOK in nakobe dean this year. Iím really excited about him
    Dean will make you forget
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    If he can stay healthy. No way he falls as far as he did without injury concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    I hope so. Iíve just always liked linebackers that play like they do. They both can do just about everything. At one point last year, I think if I remember correctly, JOK was the only linebacker in the nfl to have at least a pff grade above 80 as a pass rusher, run defender, and in pass coverage. I think that dipped a bit as the season progressed but still shows the potential he has.

Nakobe Dean on the other hand was the only defender in all of college football last year to have a pass rush grade AND pass coverage grade above 90. Insane potential. And now heís got extra motivation falling all the way to the 3rd round losing like 10million dollars in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    If he can stay healthy. No way he falls as far as he did without injury concerns.
    According to Dean and the eagles, a lot of those injury concerns were overblown. The eagles medical staff is either really good or really bad. They also signed Carson strong as an UDFA who went undrafted due to injury concerns.

Itís funny that the comparisons between dean and Jok continue but last year Jeremiah owusu koromoah also fell in the draft due to ďinjury concernsĒ that were overblown. He played fine in year 1.

According to Dean and the eagles, a lot of those injury concerns were overblown. The eagles medical staff is either really good or really bad. They also signed Carson strong as an UDFA who went undrafted due to injury concerns.

Itís funny that the comparisons between dean and Jok continue but last year Jeremiah owusu koromoah also fell in the draft due to ďinjury concernsĒ that were overblown. He played fine in year 1.
    Most teams aren't drafting for year 1 though. I mean, look at a guy like Jaylon Smith. He had a good year or two, but he completely fell off a cliff. The game or two he played in GB looked painful to watch him run. Not saying Dean can't be good or won't stay healthy. And of course Dean himself would say those injuries were overblown, but Dean was a super high level player who tested fairly well and fell pretty far. Have to imagine there were a few teams that had major red flags on his injury history.

I hope so. Iíve just always liked linebackers that play like they do. They both can do just about everything. At one point last year, I think if I remember correctly, JOK was the only linebacker in the nfl to have at least a pff grade above 80 as a pass rusher, run defender, and in pass coverage. I think that dipped a bit as the season progressed but still shows the potential he has.

Nakobe Dean on the other hand was the only defender in all of college football last year to have a pass rush grade AND pass coverage grade above 90. Insane potential. And now heís got extra motivation falling all the way to the 3rd round losing like 10million dollars in the process.
    I do too as long as he can provide more like JOK than Jamin Davis whom I was also very high on as well but graded less than 50 as a rook. There still hope but he may end up being a bust that's the best he could muster

PFF has the Steelers as second worse. Mind you there are teams that outside of Rd 1 no rookie played significant snaps. We got 4 starters from rounds 1-4 and 2 role players in 5 and 7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Most teams aren't drafting for year 1 though. I mean, look at a guy like Jaylon Smith. He had a good year or two, but he completely fell off a cliff. The game or two he played in GB looked painful to watch him run. Not saying Dean can't be good or won't stay healthy. And of course Dean himself would say those injuries were overblown, but Dean was a super high level player who tested fairly well and fell pretty far. Have to imagine there were a few teams that had major red flags on his injury history.
    Oh for sure, thereís still risk. But Iím of the mind set that even if the eagles sit nakobe dean out all year to rehab and heal and then play him in 2023 as his ďrookie seasonĒ I still think itís a good pick. He will be 22 years old in 2023, thatís still a good age for NFL rookies. I think jaylon smith had more concerning injuries if I remember correctly. Sounds like dean has a pec strain and a lot of people thought it was a torn pec that needed surgery but doesnít.

I guess we will see in time but dean really hasnít had any injury issues throughout his college career, i think he actually never missed a game. It doesnít make sense to me that heís all of a sudden a medical red flag. But again, we will see, anything can happen.

I do too as long as he can provide more like JOK than Jamin Davis whom I was also very high on as well but graded less than 50 as a rook. There still hope but he may end up being a bust that's the best he could muster
    Just looking at JOKs tape and watching what analysts were saying about the plays he was making, the more and more I looked into him the more I liked him. I have the exact same reaction with dean. I think with him the only question is the medical stuff, we will see if thatís gonna be an issue or not.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast