Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Yankees cut former 3rd-round draft pick

Report: Yankees cut former 3rd-round draft pick for allegedly stealing teammates' equipment

Jack Baer
    May 18, 2022, 5:47 PM

Jake Sanford, the Yankees' third-round pick in the 2019 MLB draft, was cut by the team last week over allegations that he repeatedly "hounded" teammates for equipment such as bats and gloves to sell online, and occasionally going as far as grabbing it from their lockers, according to NJ.com's Brendan Kuty.

Simply put, Sanford's teammates were not happy with him:

“He was scamming other players,” the person said.

There are also reportedly allegations on social media that the 24-year-old Sanford, who signed out of the draft for $597,500, victimized fans as well. While allegedly selling the equipment he procured legally or illegally, fans have accused him of taking money in advance and never delivering the equipment.

https://www.aol.com/sports/report-ya...214747854.html

PS Before someone comments, I realize this was mentioned earlier by Day. I am offering some details and a more complete story.
    Last edited by drt1010; 05-19-2022 at 11:41 AM.

Pretty crazy. I wonder if he gets another chance with another team? He was a decent prospect, certainly not a nobody.

Imagine being this stupid. This wasn't someone living purely off his minor league salary. He had 600k gaining interest in the bank. Some of us only wish we had anything like that to fall back on. He stood to make millions if he simply made it as a decent 4th outfielder.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    That is some trash. Best to throw it away
    Stealing from your brothers?

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    That is some trash. Best to throw it away
    Stealing from your brothers?
    Word is he stole a couple gloves and bats from guys on the MLB roster during ST. Pure trash

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Pretty crazy. I wonder if he gets another chance with another team? He was a decent prospect, certainly not a nobody.
    If he doesn't end up in jail. He took money for items that he didn't deliver on and faked some others that he did deliver

The people of the sports memorabilia world don't mess around. He supposedly was selling a bunch of Volpe stuff and some of that stuff is stupid valuable. One of my buddies Dads is huge in that stuff and has a couple Volpe cards he got for 5-10k