Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would Ya ?

Would Ya ?

Buster Olney is reporting that the Nat appear willing to listen and maybe even motivated to trade Soto

Nestor is probably our most valuable trade chip with his age, length of control and cost.

Nestor, Volpe, Wells, Dom, Gil and Schmidt for Soto. Would ya?

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Buster Olney is reporting that the Nat appear willing to listen and maybe even motivated to trade Soto

Nestor is probably our most valuable trade chip with his age, length of control and cost.

The simple answer is, without a moment's hesitation.

I'm guessing you'd be letting Judge walk?

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post

With Chapman, Brit, Green, Gallo coming off the books they really wouldn't have to. Judge has shown he can play CF. Soto doesn't get massively expensive for another couple yrs. If Hal has the guts, they could keep the payroll around 270.

at 23 Soto is something very hard to pass on IMO

They would have to move Hicks, but he's only making 10m. You could attach a spec like Devi or something like that and maybe eat a couple M

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post

of course i want him but if the yanks trade for him you know judge is not coming back.. the yanks will get soto and sacrifice judge..

no to including nestor yanks need him you be hurting your world series chances

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    With Chapman, Brit, Green, Gallo coming off the books they really wouldn't have to. Judge has shown he can play CF. Soto doesn't get massively expensive for another couple yrs. If Hal has the guts, they could keep the payroll around 270.

They would have to move Hicks, but he's only making 10m. You could attach a spec like Devi or something like that and maybe eat a couple M
    Yes please

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    no to including nestor yanks need him you be hurting your world series chances
    You would pass on Soto, who could be the anchor of this lineup for the next 15yr, if they said Nestor was a must?

You would pass on Soto, who could be the anchor of this lineup for the next 15yr, if they said Nestor was a must?
    how many world series have the yanks won in the last 15 years 1.....

the yanks won many world series in the late 1990's without having a player of soto offensive ability....

their are many teams that have much better prospects to offer the nats then the yankees...

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    their are many teams that have much better prospects to offer the nats then the yankees...
    Not necessarily. The Yankees have 4 top 100 prospects according to different prospect publications. The thing is what would the Yankees be willing to give up? I think you'd have to start a deal with 2 of their more top echelon guys like Volpe and Peraza or Volpe and Dominguez then probably add another solid prospect to the deal. Even that might not get it done. It's a lot but Soto is only 23 and you would have him for the next 2 and a half years.

I don't know. Seems like the Yankees are pretty set barring significant injury. To me, the guy they acquire at the deadline in terms of a position player is probably Willson Contreras.

I say yes to this and donít look back. You are getting what the Yanks hope they are giving up turns into. The timeline just moves up is all.

With those 4 players coming off the books and also work to move hicks that would be a great and the Yanks could possibly tie up a ton of money on Judge and Soto.

Imagine a pitcher having to navigate through Judge, Soto and then Stanton??? That would raise the pulse of any pitcher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

Give up the entire farm and Nestor for one player? Soto isn't very fast and he's not the best fielder, but he does do everything else right. The thing is, would he be willing to sign an extension right after the trade? That would have to be a guarantee. Otherwise no effing way.

If you can get Soto, you have to do it. Perhaps you can include Gallo and Hicks in the deal to save on their salaries and keep us under the top luxury tax level for this year. The Yankees could then bring up Flo and make all the fanboys on this thread happy. However, they would more likely sign Gardner and keep Flo in AAA, just to spite you all. LOL.

I would love it if he signs a LT deal right away, but that might hurt with the Judge negotiation, especially if Judge hits 50 HRs. More than likely, Judge resets the salary level for an OF and Soto resets it again one year later.

Yes. Best use of spects isn't always on the field. Do the deal and don't look back. Bird in hand. Soto is MLB proven.

PS. The reality....they need a catcher not an OFer.
    Last edited by drt1010; 05-19-2022 at 07:20 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast