Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    I honestly believe he’s already the greatest Blackhawk ever, which aside from sentimental reasons is why I’m hoping he stays and passes Mikita on the all-time list. Regardless of what happens, I have never enjoyed watching anyone play for this team more than I have Patrick Kane. I will make it a point to be there when they raise #88 to the rafters.
    You’re probably right. But he’s a sick mother****er and I bet he would want to lap everyone in the org’s history. I hope that’s what he decides.

Imagine if he hoists one more Cup as the captain of the Hawks. After the path he’s gone down… to go from the party boy to what he would be then. I mean what a story. That would be something really special. It would be an emotional night for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    You’re probably right. But he’s a sick mother****er and I bet he would want to lap everyone in the org’s history. I hope that’s what he decides.

Imagine if he hoists one more Cup as the captain of the Hawks. After the path he’s gone down… to go from the party boy to what he would be then. I mean what a story. That would be something really special. It would be an emotional night for sure.

Kane passing the Cup to Bedard or [2024 1st overall pick] would be poetic. He has the game to survive a complete rebuild and still be there on the other side if that’s what he wants to do.

I became a fan in 1993. I was crushed when they traded Roenick, then watched them do the same with Belfour, then Chelios, then the Mike Smith years 🤮, the false hope for the future that came with guys like Mark Bell and Tyler Arnason, then came real hope when the team drafted Toews and Kane. I’ve been through this. I also understand how much those two guys changed the franchise. They brought it back from irrelevancy. If no two other guys remained from those three Stanley Cup teams, I can stomach it, but damn I just want 88 and 19 to retire as Blackhawks for all they’ve meant to that franchise.

Kane passing the Cup to Bedard or [2024 1st overall pick] would be poetic. He has the game to survive a complete rebuild and still be there on the other side if that’s what he wants to do.

I became a fan in 1993. I was crushed when they traded Roenick, then watched them do the same with Belfour, then Chelios, then the Mike Smith years [emoji2961], the false hope for the future that came with guys like Mark Bell and Tyler Arnason, then came real hope when the team drafted Toews and Kane. I’ve been through this. I also understand how much those two guys changed the franchise. They brought it back from irrelevancy. If no two other guys remained from those three Stanley Cup teams, I can stomach it, but damn I just want 88 and 19 to retire as Blackhawks for all they’ve meant to that franchise.
    It would be a true storybook ending to the greatest Hawks that ever lived and probably a top 3 Chicago athlete to ever live.

I just don’t see them getting a return on Kane that would satisfy any of us. If he is traded to Colorado, New York, or any contender, we’re talking late 1sts.

And while we are in full strip it to the studs rebuild mode, it must be considered that Kane is the only ticket draw the team has. We aren’t guaranteed to get Bedard with or without him, so does Rocky want to move on from his lone cash cow?
    It won't satisfy any of us, and the Hawks will trade him somewhere he wants to go. So that limits what they'll get in return.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    It won't satisfy any of us, and the Hawks will trade him somewhere he wants to go. So that limits what they'll get in return.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Yep, and that’s why I prefer he stays.

Dylan Sikura is back on a 1-year deal.

Our projected roster as of July 15:

Forwards
    Reichel - Toews - Kane
    Lafferty - T. Johnson - Domi
    Kurashev - Blackwell - Raddysh
    Athanasiou - Entwistle - Khaira
    Sikura
    Katchouk

Defensemen
    McCabe - Jones
    Stillman - Murphy
    C. Jones - Mitchell
    Regula

Goalies
    Mrazek
    Stalock

The defense sucks and the goaltenders are awful. The drop in offensive production after Kane is sharp. This team is built to tank. Easily a bottom 3 finish.
    Last edited by Jack the Ripper; 07-15-2022 at 01:26 AM.

I dig the Max Domi signing, but it’s going to be trippy for some of us older fans to see that name on the back of a Hawks sweater.

Jonathan Toews remains uncertain about what his plans are for the future, but it doesn't sound like he's happy with the Blackhawks' direction.

Toews has one season left on his contract before he has the option to test the free agent market. Blackhawks GM Kyle Davidson has expressed interest in Toews being kept on to help guide the rebuild, but Toews seems reluctant to participate in that. “At the end of the day, we’re talking about a five-plus-year process, according to Kyle,” Toews said. “So that part of it doesn’t sound appealing to me at all. I can’t speak for Kaner, but I definitely feel that the amount of turnover our team has gone through every single year these last three or four years, that’s where it gets really, really draining. And exhausting. You have a guy like Alex DeBrincat who was under Kaner’s wing. And I like to think that Kirby and I had that bond in some ways, too. And out they go, out the door. Over and over, we’ve seen that turnover. I’m learning to be more patient, but there’s no doubt that timeline is pretty daunting, and pretty exhausting to think about. So I’m not going to sit here and say what I’m going to do or what the future holds for me, because I really don’t know.” He recently turned 34, so if Chicago is looking at a five-year rebuild, then he might not have another good chance to compete with them before he retires. With that in mind, it's not unreasonable to think that he might sign elsewhere next summer.
    Man I hate where the Hawks are at currently - 5 year rebuild!??... That was painful to read and I am just so upset for Kane and Toews right now... ****.

The list of players no longer on the roster, many of them were lost for absolutely nothing or for minimal returns, shows how incompetent the front office has been over the last 5 years.

Kirby Dach, 21
    Adam Boqvist, 21
    Brandon Hagel, 23
    Henri Jokiharju, 23
    Alex DeBrincat, 24
    Dylan Strome, 25
    Dominik Kubalik, 26
    Gustav Forsling, 26
    Anthony Duclair, 26
    Ryan Hartman, 27
    Chicago CubsChicago BlackhawksBuffalo BillsSouthern Illinois University Salukis

Angelique KerberMaria SakkariLeylah FernandezJasmine Paolini

Saul "Canelo" AlvarezBianca Belair

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234