Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2022 NBA Draft

2022 NBA Draft

Kings pick 4th this year. The assumption is Holmgren, Jabari, and Banchero will all be picked in the top 3. Leaves the Kings with their pick of Ivey, Murrary, Sharpe, Griffin, etc...

The only one I would prefer not to take is Holmgren. Assuming the top 3 goes as is I would prefer either Murray or Ivey. My only problem with Ivey is he plays the position that we already have 2 starting quality players.

Said this in another thread… but only way I want a big is if he’s an elite player. Smith could be that. Otherwise, I’d want a guard or forward. Right now I’m thinking sharpe and maybe mathurin.

Having an elite wing or forward is essential.

Oh… and if we get shaedon sharpe (or mathurin), I’d try and trade back into the late first and get Nikola Jovic or Leonard Miller. Both those players look like they have high ceilings. Jovic at best becomes a stojakovic. Miller becomes a Durant type. Both seem like risks worth taking a shot on.

If Vlade was still GM Jovic would be the pick at 4.

Would you guys trade Fox and #4 for Donovan Mitchell or Brandon Ingram?

I would trade Fox if we still had Haliburton. Now there is no point to trade him with the pick.

Quote Originally Posted by GoferKing_ View Post
    I would trade Fox if we still had Haliburton. Now there is no point to trade him with the pick.
    It depends on how much you believe in Mitchell. I don’t think he’ll be a superstar, but I think he can be a solid starting PG within the next few years.

I'd trade him and #4 for Ingram or Siakam easily.

I would not pack Fox na #4 together. Why? We can get our own Donovan Mitchell in Jaden Ivey if he falls to us. And I do not have much confidence in Davion. Fox alone would maybe get us Siakam.

I think I am likely keeping the #4 pick if it means packaging Fox.....I am not sure Siakam and Sabonis work together.

I just don't think a offense that has so many players who work best in the paint is going to work.

I would draft the best available player but if we draft Ivey we will likely have to trade Fox or Mitchell.

If ivy is the star player in this draft, I say take him and trade fox. I wouldn’t be opposed to getting a player and a first for fox- throwing in a second rounder if needed. There are quite a few good wing/guards who will be available mid/late first. And there’s two players- Leonard Miller and nikola Jovic- who have high ceilings. I think Miller has the potential to be the best player in this draft. He has no college experience to get a better gauge, similar to sharpe.

I think my board at 4 is Jabari, Ivy/sharpe, then mathurin.

I will say I’m warming up to Paolo… looks like a c-Webb type for us old guys. As for Chet, I’m not really a fan. He’s talented, I just worry about his frame being so thin. He needs to add 30lbs at least… and not sure how his body would handle the extra weight.

Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    I will say I’m warming up to Paolo… looks like a c-Webb type for us old guys. As for Chet, I’m not really a fan. He’s talented, I just worry about his frame being so thin. He needs to add 30lbs at least… and not sure how his body would handle the extra weight.
    Chet in his frame is similar to KD or Kristaps when they first got to the NBA but they put on weight eventually but Banchero is most likely going #1, #2 or #3 by the time you guys pick. Sacramento if they keep the 4th pick, I see them drafting Ivey.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Chet in his frame is similar to KD or Kristaps when they first got to the NBA but they put on weight eventually but Banchero is most likely going #1, #2 or #3 by the time you guys pick. Sacramento if they keep the 4th pick, I see them drafting Ivey.
    Unless Im looking at the wrong numbers, Chet is actually 30 lbs lighter than porzingis was at draft time. Krystaps has put on 20 lbs since… and is 50 lbs heavier than Chet.

So… Chet has a lot of work ahead of him. And they all the decades of watching the nba- I’ve realized that talk thin players are risky. Their bodies seem to break down from the weight they gain more often. Porzingis is probably a good guide for what to expect. When healthy he’s a good player… but not an elite player.

I think Chet has the highest risk factor for size/weight and is the biggest bust potential at the top of the draft.

I think sharpe might be the best pick for us- assuming smith and Paolo are gone by then. Ivy could also be good, but trading fox would then be the next move. And picking ivy would depend on what we could get for fox.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast