Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Magic win NBA Lottery

Nice.

https://mobile.twitter.com/NBA/status/1526721013714755584

https://mobile.twitter.com/NBA/status/1526720062467497985

First time they win the Lottery since 2004 when they drafted Dwight Howard with the #1 overall pick...other #1s in their history C Webb Chris Webber in 1993 and Shaq in 1992

Good for them. The Suggs/Wagner selections had some mixed results (mostly above expectations for Wagner IMO and below for Suggs). Isaac has been injured a ton, but still plenty of potential as a long athletic wing defender with some catch and shoot capability. Bamba took a step this year with Vucevic (and oddly Birch was stealing minutes) moved on from. With Anthony, Fultz and Carter, there are a lot of pieces there.

Not sure what direction they go, but I could definitely see a nice fit for Banchero or Jabari in their forward group. Although I really like Chet....

Magic need a true star. They have some really solid guys with some upside, but it feels like they need a potential number 1. Truthfully, banchero feels like the only guy who truly has a number 1 option in his possible realm of outcomes. Not saying he's for sure the best player in the draft, but he's the guy who coukd maybe be the offensive alpha in this group. I think that would be the direction they should go. Interestingly as well, banchero probably is who I'd want if I was OKC as well.

Don't know if that's the direction they go, but if 1 of the 2 take banchero, then it's perfect for Houston, who could use Smith or chet.

Also, there's a really good chance that with the way this draft was already shaping up that Ivey could be a pretty clear BPA at pick 4 when Sacramento picks, and them taking another guard who likes the ball in his hands would be objectively hilarious.
    Last edited by crewfan13; 05-17-2022 at 10:07 PM.

Those guys in attendance looked eager to go #1 until the Magic won. Those looks were pure anxiety.

This is a pretty weak draft, outside of the first 3 players, it really doesn't look that good.

I can see the Magic taking Chet Holmgren #1

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    This is a pretty weak draft, outside of the first 3 players, it really doesn't look that good.
    The 3rd tier is pretty big, but certainly not the top talent. That said, some star is going to come from that group.

Nice they can add to their core of Wagner/Suggs/Isaac

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Nice they can add to their core of Wagner/Suggs/Isaac
    Thatís a ****ing **** core.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post

Agree. That's why I like Banchero for them. They need a stud. Absolute best case scenario for a core like Issac, Suggs and Wagner is if they add anothst 2 players of that caliber and end up like those old Joe Johnson Hawks teams. They need a stud. I think banchero has the best stud upside in the class. Wouldnt be surprised if chet or Smith are better playera, but neither chet nor Smith feel like potential studs to me.

Add Chet to this core, your starting 5

PG- Markelle Fultz
    SG- Jalen Suggs
    SF- Franz Wagner
    PF- Wendell Carter Jr (move him to the 4)
    C- Chet Holmgren

Isaac can come off your bench along with Mo Bamba and others...core looks good

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post

A little too early to tell isnít it? Have you already written off Wagner/Suggs

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Agree. That's why I like Banchero for them. They need a stud. Absolute best case scenario for a core like Issac, Suggs and Wagner is if they add anothst 2 players of that caliber and end up like those old Joe Johnson Hawks teams. They need a stud. I think banchero has the best stud upside in the class. Wouldnt be surprised if chet or Smith are better playera, but neither chet nor Smith feel like potential studs to me.
    I think Wagner has a chance to be a stud. I also donít think weíve seen the best of Suggs yet either.

But that was the point of the OG post. With the first pick they can grab a stud to add to their young core. I actually really like Wagner. I think heís gonna be really good.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    I think Wagner has a chance to be a stud. I also donít think weíve seen the best of Suggs yet either.

But that was the point of the OG post. With the first pick they can grab a stud to add to their young core. I actually really like Wagner. I think heís gonna be really good.
    How do you define "stud" ... I think Wagner can be a decent NBA starter, I doubt he ever makes an all-star team, let alone all-nba or mvp ... so for me not a "stud".

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast