Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 44 of 46 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 LastLast

Thread: Deshaun Watson

Quote Originally Posted by brandt View Post

One reason why Deshaun Watson played so well in Houston, was because he was always running for his life and he can run. That also increases the chances of getting hurt of course. He won’t be in that situation with the Browns though, but if he is then I don’t see him having as many weapons to throw the ball too. I think they went 4 and 12 when they had DeAndre Hopkins JJ Watt and William Fuller. Everyone thought they were going to be great because they were 10 and 6 the year before with basically the same team, but they only won four games. There’s a good chance that the Browns will be dealing with similar circumstances.
    1. The Texans went 4-12 without Hopkins, turmoil in the coaching staff (BoB getting fired), a terrible o-line, terrible RBs, and terrible defense. They were a double digit win team the two years before that. He'll be joining a Browns team with a strong o-line, the best RB group in the league, not-terrible weapons at the WR and TE positions, and a defense coming in strong.

2. Sounds like wishful thinking that the Browns, who just won 8 games with bottom 5 QB play (due to injury), will only win 4 games this year.
    [SIGPIC]

If Watson wasn't suspended at all, the Vegas odds on the Browns for wins was something like 9.7 wins.

So 1.7 wins over Baker (who was playing hurt).

Vegas basically says they're equal QBs.
    2021 - 2026
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I'll eat a shoe if BB is still coaching in 5 years.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    Sounds like wishful thinking that the Browns, who just won 8 games with bottom 5 QB play (due to injury), will only win 4 games this year.
    It might be wishful thinking, but it’s also very possible. If they’re trying to build around Watson, that might be hard to do if he’s not there. These back up quarterbacks are only gonna get them so far. And if everyone’s not practicing together at the same time including guys like Amari Cooper, it’s gonna take a lot longer for them to gel. And who knows because by the time Watson comes back, they could be looking at a completely different team by then with injuries, free agency, drafted players, trades etc.…And more than likely that would be a bad thing because they don’t have much to work with right now.

Another thing we all have to remember is that the accusations will always be there now, and will more than likely always affect him one way or another. I just think with all the scrutiny, it’s gonna be super hard for him to be the superstar he once was with that always on his mind. And for a lot of the team just getting to know each other, they don’t have an easy schedule ahead of them either.

I'd be fine with the six games, given he didn't play all last year....IF...IF there was a significant fine added, because I don't think it remotely right that his financial loss (on the field) be less than that of most rookies losing 6 game checks.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    If Watson wasn't suspended at all, the Vegas odds on the Browns for wins was something like 9.7 wins.

So 1.7 wins over Baker (who was playing hurt).

Vegas basically says they're equal QBs.
    Doesn't mean much. Vegas odds are usually conservative. They also know the AFC is far more competitive than the NFC.

Browns would be a playoff team with Watson this year if he wasn't to be suspended.
    Last edited by metswon69; 08-05-2022 at 05:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Doesn't mean much. Vegas odds are usually conservative. They also know the AFC is far more competitive than the NFC.

Browns would be a playoff team with Watson this year if he wasn't to be suspended.
    Panthers - W
    Jets - W
    Steelers - L
    Falcons - W
    Chargers - L
    Patriots - L
    Ravens - L
    Bengals - L
    Dolphins - L
    Bills - L
    Bucs - L
    Texans - W
    Bengals - L
    Ravens - L
    Saints - L
    Commanders - W
    Steelers - W

6 wins, probably.
    2021 - 2026
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Panthers - W
    Jets - W
    Steelers - L
    Falcons - W
    Chargers - L
    Patriots - L
    Ravens - L
    Bengals - L
    Dolphins - L
    Bills - L
    Bucs - L
    Texans - W
    Bengals - L
    Ravens - L
    Saints - L
    Commanders - W
    Steelers - W

6 wins, probably.
    You said with Watson.

With Watson you could probably turn one of those Bengals and Ravens game into a W. Saints would definitely be a W. They might even take both games against Pittsburgh and that game against the Dolphins. The Pats don't impress me either. Football is hard to predict in terms of your competition anyway. We see plenty of weeks where good teams lay eggs against mediocre teams.

You said with Watson.

With Watson you could probably turn one of those Bengals and Ravens game into a W. Saints would definitely be a W. They might even take both games against Pittsburgh and that game against the Dolphins. The Pats don't impress me either. Football is hard to predict in terms of your competition anyway. We see plenty of weeks where good teams lay eggs against mediocre teams.
    Yeah, I'm saying 6 wins with Watson, the QB who hasn't played in years, with lots of distractions for him and the team.

Also, 9 wins would be "in the hunt" rather than "playoff team" in the AFC, even if they got 3 more like you suggested. 3 9-win teams missed last year in the AFC (vs 1 made it).

With Watson, they're the 3rd best team in their division, unless Burrow gets hurt or Lamar craps his pants in a contract year. They have to get past Wilson/Carr/Herbert too. And either the Titans or Colts. And whichever of Patriots/Dolphins is good this year.
    2021 - 2026
    -Scott van Pelt

Yeah, I'm saying 6 wins with Watson, the QB who hasn't played in years, with lots of distractions for him and the team.

Also, 9 wins would be "in the hunt" rather than "playoff team" in the AFC, even if they got 3 more like you suggested. 3 9-win teams missed last year in the AFC (vs 1 made it).

With Watson, they're the 3rd best team in their division, unless Burrow gets hurt or Lamar craps his pants in a contract year. They have to get past Wilson/Carr/Herbert too. And either the Titans or Colts. And whichever of Patriots/Dolphins is good this year.
    Don't think the rust would matter that much. Yeah he doesn't have Deandre Hopkins but Amari Cooper is still a good WR. Same with Robert Woods (if he's healthy). Not to mention, you have 2 extremely good RBs in Chubb and Hunt. A solid o-line as well. No reason to believe Watson wouldn't put up 30 TDs and 4500 passing yards. I suggested 5 more wins. I think the Browns could win 11 games, if of course, Watson played the whole year. That's not going to happen obviously so its a moot point.

Whenever Watson is on the field again, he's going to be a difference maker for the Browns.
    Last edited by metswon69; 08-06-2022 at 11:05 AM.

Don't think the rust would matter that much. Yeah he doesn't have Deandre Hopkins but Amari Cooper is still a good WR. Same with Robert Woods (if he's healthy). Not to mention, you have 2 extremely good RBs in Chubb and Hunt. A solid o-line as well. No reason to believe Watson wouldn't put up 30 TDs and 4500 passing yards. I suggested 5 more wins. I think the Browns could win 11 games, if of course, Watson played the whole year. That's not going to happen obviously so its a moot point.

Whenever Watson is on the field again, he's going to be a difference maker for the Browns.
    Robert Woods being healthy for the Titans would work against the Browns making the playoffs, unless you meant Mike Woods of the Browns?

People have been making fun of the Cowboys for keeping Cooper around for a while now. He might still be decent, but he might be washed up. Njoku and Peoples-Jones are OK supporting cast, but not great.

The bright spot of the Browns offense is their run game in Chubb and Hunt, but signing a big money QB means taking the ball out of the hands of the 2 best players on offense to pass instead.

Watson got to 11 wins once, back in 2018, with the easiest schedule in the league (0.453 opponent win rate). The DVOA for the offense was 19th, defense was 5th and special teams was 5th. The Texans carried him that season.

And that was without the distractions and other issues going on.
    2021 - 2026
    -Scott van Pelt

Lol what?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Robert Woods being healthy for the Titans would work against the Browns making the playoffs, unless you meant Mike Woods of the Browns?

People have been making fun of the Cowboys for keeping Cooper around for a while now. He might still be decent, but he might be washed up. Njoku and Peoples-Jones are OK supporting cast, but not great.

The bright spot of the Browns offense is their run game in Chubb and Hunt, but signing a big money QB means taking the ball out of the hands of the 2 best players on offense to pass instead.

Watson got to 11 wins once, back in 2018, with the easiest schedule in the league (0.453 opponent win rate). The DVOA for the offense was 19th, defense was 5th and special teams was 5th. The Texans carried him that season.

Got me. Mike Woods. They still have the best RB combo in the league and a good o-line.

Yes and Watson was arguably a top 5 QB in 2020 aka the last time he played. He's improved and that's a good enough cast where they are far better than 6 wins if he was playing all 17 games.

Got me. Mike Woods. They still have the best RB combo in the league and a good o-line.

Yes and Watson was arguably a top 5 QB in 2020 aka the last time he played. He's improved and that's a good enough cast where they are far better than 6 wins if he was playing all 17 games.
    Worth noting Hunt is now holding out, unless they give him more money and an extension.
    2021 - 2026
    -Scott van Pelt

Team wins and team stats are such a bad way to evaluate QBs. Dude was making insane plays with bad talent and bad coaches around him. Sometimes it doesn't have to be any deeper than "he's good and he's going to a stronger team". He's a dbag and I hope he flops, but if the Watson of the last 3 years shows up in Cleveland they're going to be a powerhouse.

Hunt has now asked for a trade, the Browns refused.
    2021 - 2026
    -Scott van Pelt

Page 44 of 46 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 LastLast