Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 36444546
Results 676 to 690 of 690

Thread: Deshaun Watson

  1. #676
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    69,784
    Quote Originally Posted by Nunuu View Post
    Buzbee is a lawyer, they get paid to lie.

    I doubt we ever know all the details, but Buzbee screwed himself when he started adding all the gold diggers on to the real cases.

    "If you have seen Deshaun Watsons penis you too may be entitled to compensation"
    Then why did he settle?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #677
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,309
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Then why did he settle?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No idea. He was against it from the start and I guess it came down to his only option, but really have no clue.

  3. #678
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    11,407
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    The problem is when you settle with 24 women you're admitting some semblance of guilt or responsibility in all those cases.
    In the court of public opinion? I suppose. Otherwise, I disagree. Settling is not an admission of guilt, it can be an attempt to move on. Someone can be steadfast against settling but their legal team might see an opportunity to do it and move on, and they end up doing just that.

    These are the words of Sue Robinson saying what he did was "egregious", "predatory", that he showed no remorse and that the only reason why she gave him 6 game is because of the NFL's existing antiquated precedent. He deserves more than 6 games. You know it too.
    "Egregious" was in reference to his pattern of approaching women on Instagram. Not to his conduct within the sessions - I feel that is lost on a lot of people.

    As for 6 games - I mean I've been preaching the precedent for months while all of you guys were acting like it didn't matter and Deshaun would get a year+ or even banned for life. The NFL had an established precedent of underpunishing owners, underpunishing sexual misconduct in a variety of cases. That precedent matters in an arbitration process.

    So yes, while I'm okay with 17 games, I believed the arbitration process would conclude with around 8 games. I believe he was a predator but I don't think he didn't anything violent (no allegations said he did), I don't think he did any coercion (no allegations said he did), and I have strong doubts about the whole masturbation/ejaculation part of some of the claims.

    I think he was aggressively inappropriate, and only committed sexual assault by the NFL's definition (which Sue Robinson mentions) and not the standard criminal definition of sexual assault. With all of that in mind, an 8 game suspension and massive fine sounds like the best outcome to me, but that's only my opinion.
    Last edited by Vee-Rex; 08-09-2022 at 10:39 AM.
    [SIGPIC]

  4. #679
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    11,407
    Myth busting the things said about Deshaun Watson's contract.

    https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-...4/#191167454_1
    [SIGPIC]

  5. #680
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    5,952
    Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    Myth busting the things said about Deshaun Watson's contract.

    https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-...4/#191167454_1
    This article does not myth bust anything.

  6. #681
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    10,783
    Trying to appeal the case to give Deshaun another year of a suspension, I'm not even mad at that. Because of the public outcry and because of public perception, it only makes sense to appeal the 6 games and give him even more time on his suspension. I mean Deshaun hasn't shown remorse or any acts of contrition because he believes he has done nothing wrong maintaining his innocence. But then again can we really say Deshaun is innocent especially when he has that many accusers coming out of the woodwork all accusing him of the same thing? Their stories don't match up either because all the woman had different experiences but more or less the same outcomes.

  7. #682
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    11,407
    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    This article does not myth bust anything.
    Sure it does.
    [SIGPIC]

  8. #683
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    38,960
    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    This article does not myth bust anything.
    You obviously didn't read it, bc it definitely did exactly what war said.

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

  9. #684
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    5,952
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    You obviously didn't read it, bc it definitely did exactly what war said.

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Watson was obviously practically given a blank cheque. If they were able to get him a record fully guaranteed deal they were obviously able to structure the first year the way it was.
    Watsons agent would have to be grotesquely incompetent to not protect Watson from a obvious impending suspension.
    The idea that they structured some other players this way is meaningless and disingenuous seeing as 40 million dollar plus QBs are different.

  10. #685
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    11,951
    Quote Originally Posted by Nunuu View Post
    They only took 4 of them because out of all the women vetted they were the only 4 who had some kind of credibility.

    If there was more to this Watson would be serving time.
    I'm sure you know more about it than the official Sue Robinson report.
    2021 - 2026
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I'll eat a shoe if BB is still coaching in 5 years.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

  11. #686
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    11,951
    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    This article does not myth bust anything.
    Cigarette companies say smoking doesn't cause cancer! Guess we can call that myth busted!
    2021 - 2026
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I'll eat a shoe if BB is still coaching in 5 years.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

  12. #687
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    11,407
    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Watson was obviously practically given a blank cheque. If they were able to get him a record fully guaranteed deal they were obviously able to structure the first year the way it was.
    Watsons agent would have to be grotesquely incompetent to not protect Watson from a obvious impending suspension.
    The idea that they structured some other players this way is meaningless and disingenuous seeing as 40 million dollar plus QBs are different.
    Yeah, pretty obvious you didn't read it.

    40 million dollar plus QBs include the likes of Josh Allen and Aaron Rodgers and Patrick Mahomes, all of whom make 1million base salary in 2022.

    The guarantee protection against the first two years is outlined in the article, and almost certainly requested/demanded by Watson's agent. And it only works as a guarantee if nothing new pops up for Watson.

    If people want to believe that backloading a contract, something that has existed for years, is the Browns being evil and giggling maniacally to circumvent a suspension then they truly are lost.
    [SIGPIC]

  13. #688
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    11,951
    Yeah, pretty obvious you didn't read it.

    40 million dollar plus QBs include the likes of Josh Allen and Aaron Rodgers and Patrick Mahomes, all of whom make 1million base salary in 2022.

    The guarantee protection against the first two years is outlined in the article, and almost certainly requested/demanded by Watson's agent. And it only works as a guarantee if nothing new pops up for Watson.

    If people want to believe that backloading a contract, something that has existed for years, is the Browns being evil and giggling maniacally to circumvent a suspension then they truly are lost.
    Josh Allen's base salary in 2022 is $4.1M and it is the 5th year option of his rookie deal. The 1st year of his new deal is $27.5M, then $23.5M, $14M, $22.5M, $14M, $15.6M.

    Mahomes contract goes $1.5M, $5.5M, $2.5M, $2.5M, $2.5M, $10M, $13M, $20.5M, $27M, $38M.

    Murray is also worth noting, on his rookie deal in 2022 and 2023, forcing his base salary to be $1M and $2M respectively.

    Other $40M QBs in 2022:
    - Carr $17.4M
    - Stafford $1.5M
    - Dak $2.8M
    - Rodgers $1.2M

    None of them make as little as Watson ($1.0M) and none of them have a single low year followed by equal high years like Watson.

    Rodgers is the closest, at $1.2M/$1.2M/$2.3M/$15.9M/$10M, because they expect he will retire after or between the first 2 seasons.


    If Watson's deal was delaying until the cap goes up, it would have a low base salary in 2023 like Rodgers and Stafford do.
    2021 - 2026
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I'll eat a shoe if BB is still coaching in 5 years.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

  14. #689
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    11,407
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    Josh Allen's base salary in 2022 is $4.1M and it is the 5th year option of his rookie deal. The 1st year of his new deal is $27.5M, then $23.5M, $14M, $22.5M, $14M, $15.6M.

    Mahomes contract goes $1.5M, $5.5M, $2.5M, $2.5M, $2.5M, $10M, $13M, $20.5M, $27M, $38M.

    Murray is also worth noting, on his rookie deal in 2022 and 2023, forcing his base salary to be $1M and $2M respectively.

    Other $40M QBs in 2022:
    - Carr $17.4M
    - Stafford $1.5M
    - Dak $2.8M
    - Rodgers $1.2M

    None of them make as little as Watson ($1.0M) and none of them have a single low year followed by equal high years like Watson.

    Rodgers is the closest, at $1.2M/$1.2M/$2.3M/$15.9M/$10M, because they expect he will retire after or between the first 2 seasons.


    If Watson's deal was delaying until the cap goes up, it would have a low base salary in 2023 like Rodgers and Stafford do.
    My whiff on Allen, but it stands with Mahomes and Rodgers. 1.2 million vs. 1.0 million is a wash and not worth mentioning. The single low year followed by high years is irrelevant and will certainly change when the Browns restructure Watson's contract in 2023 to save money. Point is, and I know you're trolling, that 1'ish million as base salary isn't limited to just Deshaun, but applies to Rodgers, Mahomes, and Stafford.
    [SIGPIC]

  15. #690
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    5,952
    Watson was behaving like a free agent. The browns had to entice him. Watson would of never signed a 45 million owing contract in 2022.
    Do you think his side didn’t understand that it would of made a 20 million dollar difference in his pocket and just got lucky that that’s the way the browns simply do business?
    His agent would of been incompetent to let him sign anything else.
    Why did Brady restructure years ago when he was about to be suspended?

Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 36444546

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •