Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who wins this series?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Warriors in 4

2 20.00%
  • Warriors in 5

1 10.00%
  • Warriors in 6

5 50.00%
  • Warriors in 7

0 0%
  • Mavs in 4

0 0%
  • Mavs in 5

0 0%
  • Mavs in 6

2 20.00%
  • Mavs in 7

0 0%
Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    So then they are buying championships.
    Meh. Not in the traditional way certainly. It's mostly about drafting well and keeping the players.

This doesn't seem possible:

Per StatMuse, Curry is allowing the lowest field goal percentage by a defender when guarding at least 150 shots this postseason. Opposing shooters have a 37.5 field goal percentage when being guarded by Curry. Green is second with a 38.3 field goal percentage.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    LOL- the trick is- just leave the shooters wide open as often as possible. That way their makes dont count as being while you are defending them.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    “Of course that couldn’t happen!…………You don’t wanna win just don’t literally show up.”

You can still throw a game you don’t plan on winning.
    If your intentionally looking to lose the game- why risk injury?

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    TBH- I feel way better about Moodys future right now then I did about Jordan Poole at the end of his rookie season. I think Moody comes in and is an immediate significant upgrade from Damian Lee, and by mid season he on the floor closing out some games. A poor mans mitch richmond is in the cards in a few yrs.

Ill go out on a limb and say Moody in is prime is as good or better than Poole right now.
    Very different players. I think Pooles ceiling is much higher tho. He can create in ways Moody just doesn’t. Moody is more like Klay and Poole more like Curry. I’d gamble on the Poole. Having said that, Moody is damn impressive and I’m expecting exciting things from him and a larger role next year.

Lee can go or come back as a vet min end of bench but he should have a very limited role.

I assume a huge part of this is covering the worst wing option and/or a ton of variance.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    Very different players. I think Pooles ceiling is much higher tho. He can create in ways Moody just doesn’t. Moody is more like Klay and Poole more like Curry. I’d gamble on the Poole. Having said that, Moody is damn impressive and I’m expecting exciting things from him and a larger role next year.

Lee can go or come back as a vet min end of bench but he should have a very limited role.
    i dont really want lee back. id rather his spot be used on a big body or a floor general point guard. I think Moody will be able to give everything we would want out of lee and he will be better than lee.

i dont really want lee back. id rather his spot be used on a big body or a floor general point guard. I think Moody will be able to give everything we would want out of lee and he will be better than lee.
    I hear ya but we’re likely losing OPJ and/or GP2. Iggy is retiring. Beli is a FA and while I’d welcome him back idk if he comes back. Loon is a FA but I 100% expect him back. We have a late first and 2 seconds.

That’s 1 to 5 open spots. I’d be 100% ok with Lee and Juan leaving but I suspect their back at the end of the bench.

8 under contract:

Curry - Poole
    Klay - Moody
    Wiggins - Kuminga
    Dray -
    - Wiseman

Loon likely makes it 9 when he re-ups. 10 from the 1st. That leaves 5 spots and 2 2ways.

I hear ya but we’re likely losing OPJ and/or GP2. Iggy is retiring. Beli is a FA and while I’d welcome him back idk if he comes back. Loon is a FA but I 100% expect him back. We have a late first and 2 seconds.

That’s 1 to 5 open spots. I’d be 100% ok with Lee and Juan leaving but I suspect their back at the end of the bench.

8 under contract:

Curry - Poole
    Klay - Moody
    Wiggins - Kuminga
    Dray -
    - Wiseman

Loon likely makes it 9 when he re-ups. 10 from the 1st. That leaves 5 spots and 2 2ways.
    hopefully warriors can get a couple solid vets looking to contend, resign payton, and get a solid player with one of their 2 2nd round picks.

Dude just makes horrible takes ignore him. Poole will likely get the max re-up. Wiggins will be offered something likely in 25 per range making him a top paid role player. Idk if he takes it or not but we have another year for Kuminga to develop before that’s an issue. Klay won’t be traded. His deal will run down and they’ll prob offer him a re-up in the 25 mill range. He either takes a team friendly deal or they’ll let him walk but they’ll 100% put that on Klay. They’d get crushed by the fans if they traded him. Yes even with Poole in the wings. And Moody to a lesser extent.
    So you think Wiggins will likely be offered 25 mil but you're not sure if he would take it cause you think he may demand more?

Lol any player would jump at 25 mil per to be a mere role player but I guess in your world, they may want more lmao. I bet he wouldn't sniff 20 mil let alone 25 mil and more likely be gone if he refuse. However, if you are right....I will not post anything on the NBA forum for next season which should keep you happy but if he doesn't get 20 mil or more, you won't post here next season. Deal or it is all bs in your world Lol

And Poole likely getting a max as a backup role player is beyond laughable when he had been subpar for most of this season other than the last few months of the reg season which did carries into the playoffs - it is a good sign but he's hasn't earn anywhere close to a max nor would GS has to by simply picking up his 4th year option for next season from his rookie scale contract.

TBH- I feel way better about Moodys future right now then I did about Jordan Poole at the end of his rookie season. I think Moody comes in and is an immediate significant upgrade from Damian Lee, and by mid season he on the floor closing out some games. A poor mans mitch richmond is in the cards in a few yrs.

Ill go out on a limb and say Moody in is prime is as good or better than Poole right now.
    I rather have Moody over Poole as well if I need to keep one over the other. I like how he plays when giving the minutes as a rook and see stardom in his future if he continues on this road like I saw from Klay. Also prefer Looney over Wiggins if I had to choose between them even tho none of these 4 players even play the same position as the other. Looney's contribution and importance on this team is much greater than Wiggins imo

THT isn't untouchable anymore, he's being offered to anyone who will take him.

You think the Warriors should trade valuable players from a team in the NBA finals for a pick 5 years from now? Well, at least that's new. Most people want the Warriors to trade picks and young players for vets who are old, injured, and don't fit the team in an effort to "win now". The Warriors were regularly hammered for trading for Wiggins and taking Wiseman, Kuminga, and Moody because they were "never going to win again" ... now they are in the actual NBA finals and they should trade away actual valuable players for distant future picks of unknown value and that's a winning move?
    Duh really? If you follow the buy low sell high strategy, GS should pick up THT for pennies off the dollar whose task is to turn him back into an untouchable which should be easy to do considering what GS had done with a bum like Wiggins. Then you can flip THT for a Lowry type veteran. Seems like I am the only one who can grasp this concept.

The only reason THT struggles is due to all the chaos and drama that's been going on with the Lakers that Wiggins would just turn into a shell if he was there instead. Just my opinion but who really knows

I would look at the market for wiggins now, but the lakers dont look like a good trade partner.

Would you consider cavs

Cavs get Wiggins, Warriors 2022 first and warriors 2022 2nd

Warriors get Lavert, Okoro and cavs 2022 first (14)
    I actually like this trade as Lavert and Okoro can both play the 3. Okoro even dunks much better than Wiggins imo

https://youtu.be/3K9eNIx0rOQ

I kinda like how you think as you would make a much better GM for this team than most posters here who rather keep Wiggins at 25+ mil per to stay while the Okoro makes a measly 7 mil for next season. Levert at 18.7 mil for next season is kinda high being injury prone but he is a playmaker when healthy which can be flipped much easier than Wiggins at 25 mil per let alone the 34 mil he is being paid this season as a role player.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Have you seen Klay’s contract for the next two years? If they are looking to cut salary Klay is a prime candidate. They already have a younger solid replacement. I know GS fans may hate to hear that but $40M+ for each of the next two seasons for Klay is not a smart move.
    Yes I have but being able to grasp the big picture, 40 mil means little for one of the best 2 way player in the game, bar none! Every playoff contending team would try to trade for him in a heartbeat if he was ever made available for trade. Same for Curry.

And who is this younger solid replacement you are referring to?

Also you never responded to my question on who would you trade to get Wiggins to help the Mavs in what way?
    Last edited by cattusmaru; 05-28-2022 at 09:10 AM.

Makes the Warriors a much worse team. It depends on what the owners want to spend. If they are willing to spend the money then no need to make that move.
    Now I am certain you are a Wiggo lover if you think that trade would make them much worse which is typical of GS fans

Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast