Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

NBA Lottery- Tomorrow Night- Knicks have not moved ups since the very first one

The NBA Draft Lottery determines the order of selection for the NBA Draft. The 2022 NBA Draft Lottery will take place in Chicago on Tuesday, May 17 (8 ET, ESPN). Here’s how it works:

[CENTER]

[/CENTER

The complete odds for the teams with the first 14 picks to land the No. 1 overall selection are below:

Houston Rockets - 14%
    Orlando Magic - 14%
    Detroit Pistons - 14%
    Oklahoma City Thunder - 12.5%
    Indiana Pacers - 10.5%
    Portland Trail Blazers - 9%
    Sacramento Kings - 7.5%
    New Orleans Pelicans (via Los Angeles Lakers) - 6%
    San Antonio Spurs - 4.5%
    Washington Wizards - 3%
    New York Knicks - 2%
    Oklahoma City Thunder (via Los Angeles Clippers) - 1.5%
    Charlotte Hornets - 1%
    Cleveland Cavaliers - 0.5%

New York Knicks (37-45)
    Chance to win: 2%

Chance of top four pick: 9.4%

What’s at stake: Well, the Knicks are still stuck in the middle of the pack. They don’t have great odds to move up, and there’s a 77.6% chance they’re drafting 11th. That still puts them in a good position to add talent, but they’re a bit outside what looks like the value wheelhouse. New York doesn’t have serious positional clutter and can take whoever it deems the best prospect, but if they opt not to retain Mitchell Robinson, this could be a spot to add a big. Jalen Duren and Mark Williams could be fits here in that regard. The Knicks probably aren’t getting a franchise-changing player at this spot, but that doesn’t mean they can’t get better. The bigger question is how much organizational patience they’ll have (and historically, the answer has been not much).

We probably pick 12th

If Knicks get into top 5 at least I wouldn't be surprised but if Knicks end up in the top 3 could you imagine? Last time Knicks were I the top 3 was when they drafted RJ Barrett with the 3rd overall pick but last time the Knicks won the #1 overall was 1985 and they drafted Patrick Ewing that year. 37 years of not winning a Lottery.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    If Knicks get into top 5 at least I wouldn't be surprised but if Knicks end up in the top 3 could you imagine? Last time Knicks were I the top 3 was when they drafted RJ Barrett with the 3rd overall pick but last time the Knicks won the #1 overall was 1985 and they drafted Patrick Ewing that year. 37 years of not winning a Lottery.
    read the original post lol

We have never moved up, not once but have moved down thanks to ping pong balls, so luck is not exactly a Knick Knack.

And Knicks are either in the top 4 can't get #5 or more likely 11th or 12th,

I could even see the Knicks getting #2 overall and when is the last time the Knicks got the 2nd overall pick?

I could even see the Knicks getting #2 overall and when is the last time the Knicks got the 2nd overall pick?
    lol how sad I actually know this by memory, it was Dollar Bill Bradley in 1965.

why #2?

Chances of picks 1-4
    2.0, 2.2. 2.4, 2.8%

We know this much. Similar to David Fizdale, both D. Wade & Lebron James talked up "World Wide Wes" as the guy who was going to bring talent to the Knicks.

*crickets sound*

Unless Wes meant Kemba Walker, Evan Fournier...I didn't see a whole lot of creativity and hustle to get the Knicks a superstar or even a young talent like Tyrese Haliburton at a position of need.

So far, I haven't been impressed with the Front Office. I'm SURE these guys eat very well and sleep well at night.

Hopefully...Hopefully the prayer will be heard. Wes lucks the Knicks into a top 5 impact pick. Then I'll actually feel a tingle of excitement but for now, I'm cautiously optimistic.

top 4 impossible to get the 5th

Be positive. We deserve a break. Tonight, we get the #4 pick.

Guys it's top 4, or 11th - 14th. Can't be anything in between.

WWW face look like he knows we got the 13th pick

**** the nba

Tyty for president

I’ll just say for all of the talk about tanking is dead because of the new odds, the bottom four teams all have top 5 picks this year.

The reaction to the first year of the new rule was an overreaction to something that had less than a 1% chance of happening.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast