Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 545535455
Results 811 to 821 of 821
  1. #811
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    23,032
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Yeah he should have an agent, also, this seems like it could just be pro-team propoganda lol

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    The truth is usually in the middle. Roquan is portraying the situation like the Bears offered him a slap in the face deal that would not be beneficial for him or future LBs. Poles stated something along the lines that thereís record setting parameters in the deal.

    Iím sure the numbers Schefter heard are pretty accurate. How hard would it be for Quan to call him out and ask the numbers reported to him? The Bears arenít going to give Schefter numbers that are way off base to perform damage control for them. Schefter probably doesnít have all the language in the deal, but Iím sure he knows the guarantees, signing bonuses, and potential incentives/max worth.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #812
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    1,296
    I'm just like everyone else....only guessing.... being the devil's advocate...lol.

    The family person is probably his mother. She's told him since he was a child that he was the best at everything and better than anyone else.

    She's pumped his ego up so much that he wants ridiculous money. He's trying to play hardball without any leverage and he has attempted to publicly humiliate Poles and the Bears to cave in to his demands.

    He's only digging a deep hole for himself.

  3. #813
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles County, CA
    Posts
    47,416
    Something's wrong with his medulla oblongata

    Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

  4. #814
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,364
    Keep licking the boot i guess.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

  5. #815
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    23,032
    According to Pro Football Reference, Smith has allowed only two touchdowns in coverage, both in his rookie season. Leonard has allowed nine touchdowns; Warner has allowed 10. Over the past three seasons, opposing quarterbacks have averaged 75.9, 59.6 and 76.8 passer ratings when throwing at Smith.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #816
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    32,671
    Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    The truth is usually in the middle. Roquan is portraying the situation like the Bears offered him a slap in the face deal that would not be beneficial for him or future LBs. Poles stated something along the lines that thereís record setting parameters in the deal.

    Iím sure the numbers Schefter heard are pretty accurate. How hard would it be for Quan to call him out and ask the numbers reported to him? The Bears arenít going to give Schefter numbers that are way off base to perform damage control for them. Schefter probably doesnít have all the language in the deal, but Iím sure he knows the guarantees, signing bonuses, and potential incentives/max worth.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I can't say it's in the middle when one side is a billionaire corp/family. Even considering a lot of nfl players are wealthy.

    Relatively speaking the players are making pennies , they should strong arm every chance they get
    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by blams; Yesterday at 10:55 PM.

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  7. #817
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    23,032
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    I can't say it's in the middle when one side is a billionaire corp/family. Even considering a lot of nfl players are wealthy.

    Relatively speaking the players are making pennies , they should strong arm every chance they get
    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Not sure what that has to do with anything I said but ok


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #818
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    32,671
    Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Not sure what that has to do with anything I said but ok


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I had tunnel vision, just the first sentence. I don't trust it's just two sides and it's somewhere in the middle

    One side is the billionaire organization so the propoganda naturally tilts too heavily in their favor. I wouldn't put it past them to inflate the numbers to make them look even better on top of that.

    I think trying to pit the media and fans against the team is a smart move (even if it's via exaggeration or lies) and I hope more players continue to do this

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by blams; Yesterday at 11:15 PM.

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  9. #819
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    27,737
    I mean I normally always side with the players, but this sounds like an issue where Roquan is representing himself and simply got frustrated with the lack of progress. They were at a stalemate and he reacted the way he did. I can totally understand it, but like people have said, this is why you have an agent that will understand itís a business.

    Just because itís a billionaire organization doesnít mean theyíre in the wrong every time. They donít have to pay every person that demands more. Thereís a market and theyíre offering him what they believe he is worth.

    Regardless, we should find out pretty shortly what happens from here. He is most likely gonna end up resigning when they get past this phase.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #820
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    27,737
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    I had tunnel vision, just the first sentence. I don't trust it's just two sides and it's somewhere in the middle

    One side is the billionaire organization so the propoganda naturally tilts too heavily in their favor. I wouldn't put it past them to inflate the numbers to make them look even better on top of that.

    I think trying to pit the media and fans against the team is a smart move (even if it's via exaggeration or lies) and I hope more players continue to do this

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    I mean if itís a case where Roquan is just lying, then heís not negotiating in good faith and I canít blame the Bears for reacting accordingly. Itís a negotiation. If one side is gonna go for the neck then it would be dumb for the other side to roll over. Roquan played his hand and now the Bears are probably gonna play hardball right back. As they should. They falsely put him on the PUP so he didnít have to pay fines for missing practice while they negotiate. They were doing him a solid and then he came out with that post. The Bears have every right to now respond to that.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #821
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    680
    it seems fairly certain to me that the major impasse is that roquan wants to be the highest paid off-ball linebacker in the league and the bears do not want to give him a guaranteed salary at that level.

    and if that's true, if the disagreement is roquan and the team fundamentally disagree on his value with a very straightforward line in the sand separating them, i dunno how big a deal not having an agent really is.

Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 545535455

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •