Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 123
  1. #91
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    43,317
    Quote Originally Posted by PJO34 View Post
    Has anyone ever struck out 400 in one season? I think Gallo can do it.
    400 would be possible but he's have to really go on a fantastic streak and presuming he gets another 400 ABs, he have to K the rest of his ABs. Sadly, I think he would be benched before he could do it.

    223 is the record. He had 213 last year so he's got a shot!
    He has 45 ks through 118 PAs. I think the best we can hope for is that he breaks the record. If he focuses, I think he can do it.

    You really have to wonder what Mattingly, Gwynn, Boggs, Rose and other guys like that think when they watch him?



    Ignorance is bliss

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    8,707
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    400 would be possible but he's have to really go on a fantastic streak and presuming he gets another 400 ABs, he have to K the rest of his ABs. Sadly, I think he would be benched before he could do it.

    223 is the record. He had 213 last year so he's got a shot!
    He has 45 ks through 118 PAs. I think the best we can hope for is that he breaks the record. If he focuses, I think he can do it.

    You really have to wonder what Mattingly, Gwynn, Boggs, Rose and other guys like that think when they watch him?
    They think Dave Kingman.

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    8,707
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Just trade Gallo, Hicks and King to Minny for Buxton!
    I wouldn't. King is too valuable. Plus Buxton has an injury history and one injury away from being a much worse contract than Hicks

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cold Spring, NY
    Posts
    6,428
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Wow, Hicks just gets worse and worse


    I disagree. No way he can get worse.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    38,822
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    I disagree. No way he can get worse.
    Aaron Hicks:



    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    26,347
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    400 would be possible but he's have to really go on a fantastic streak and presuming he gets another 400 ABs, he have to K the rest of his ABs. Sadly, I think he would be benched before he could do it.

    223 is the record. He had 213 last year so he's got a shot!
    He has 45 ks through 118 PAs. I think the best we can hope for is that he breaks the record. If he focuses, I think he can do it.

    You really have to wonder what Mattingly, Gwynn, Boggs, Rose and other guys like that think when they watch him?
    Not really fair to compare. Those guys never saw pitchers like today’s pitchers. The movement and velocity guys throw with now is insane. Hardest thing to do in sports is hit a baseball IMO. Grantee those guys K rates would significantly rise in today’s game.

  7. #97
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,881
    1. admittedly I have not watched a lot of our games yet this year, but it seems to me our starters have been so much more efficient this year.
    For example today Monty has 75 pitches 5 innings. It just seems like they’re getting the hitters to hit the ball at people and getting in and out of innings more quickly.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    14,957
    They gotta do something about Hicks, he's just not a quality player anymore. He takes walks well but thats it. He does nothing else valuable that most MLB player couldn't do just as well.

    He at least used to be a quality defensive player, but he's not even that anymore.

    Gallo at least hustles and plays great D. Can't live with Hicks, Gallo and the C position all doing nothing at the bottom of the lineup

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    14,957
    Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post
    1. admittedly I have not watched a lot of our games yet this year, but it seems to me our starters have been so much more efficient this year.
    For example today Monty has 75 pitches 5 innings. It just seems like they’re getting the hitters to hit the ball at people and getting in and out of innings more quickly.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just my opinion, but having elite receivers behind the plate has helped that quite a bit

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    14,957
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    aaron hicks:



    sent from my pixel 5 using tapatalk
    tmml

  11. #101
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,881
    I’m definitely not a Chad Green fan


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #102
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,881
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Just my opinion, but having elite receivers behind the plate has helped that quite a bit
    BINGO!!![emoji106]


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #103
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,881
    Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post
    I’m definitely not a Chad Green fan


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    But I certainly wasn’t rooting for him to get hurt


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #104
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    8,502
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Just my opinion, but having elite receivers behind the plate has helped that quite a bit

    It's hard to argue that. At the same we lived with Jorge Posada for the entirety of the championship years. If you have quality pitching that trumps everything as far as that aspect of the game goes.

  15. #105
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    43,317
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Not really fair to compare. Those guys never saw pitchers like today’s pitchers. The movement and velocity guys throw with now is insane. Hardest thing to do in sports is hit a baseball IMO. Grantee those guys K rates would significantly rise in today’s game.
    I respectfully disagree
    I thin certain skill sets transcend.
    Gwynn may have had a few 75 k years but I still think guys like that, just know how to hit the ball



    Ignorance is bliss

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •