Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by PJO34 View Post
    Has anyone ever struck out 400 in one season? I think Gallo can do it.
    400 would be possible but he's have to really go on a fantastic streak and presuming he gets another 400 ABs, he have to K the rest of his ABs. Sadly, I think he would be benched before he could do it.

223 is the record. He had 213 last year so he's got a shot!
    He has 45 ks through 118 PAs. I think the best we can hope for is that he breaks the record. If he focuses, I think he can do it.

You really have to wonder what Mattingly, Gwynn, Boggs, Rose and other guys like that think when they watch him?

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    400 would be possible but he's have to really go on a fantastic streak and presuming he gets another 400 ABs, he have to K the rest of his ABs. Sadly, I think he would be benched before he could do it.

He has 45 ks through 118 PAs. I think the best we can hope for is that he breaks the record. If he focuses, I think he can do it.

You really have to wonder what Mattingly, Gwynn, Boggs, Rose and other guys like that think when they watch him?
    They think Dave Kingman.

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Just trade Gallo, Hicks and King to Minny for Buxton!
    I wouldn't. King is too valuable. Plus Buxton has an injury history and one injury away from being a much worse contract than Hicks

Wow, Hicks just gets worse and worse

I disagree. No way he can get worse.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    I disagree. No way he can get worse.
    Aaron Hicks:

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Not really fair to compare. Those guys never saw pitchers like today’s pitchers. The movement and velocity guys throw with now is insane. Hardest thing to do in sports is hit a baseball IMO. Grantee those guys K rates would significantly rise in today’s game.

1. admittedly I have not watched a lot of our games yet this year, but it seems to me our starters have been so much more efficient this year.
    For example today Monty has 75 pitches 5 innings. It just seems like they’re getting the hitters to hit the ball at people and getting in and out of innings more quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They gotta do something about Hicks, he's just not a quality player anymore. He takes walks well but thats it. He does nothing else valuable that most MLB player couldn't do just as well.

He at least used to be a quality defensive player, but he's not even that anymore.

Gallo at least hustles and plays great D. Can't live with Hicks, Gallo and the C position all doing nothing at the bottom of the lineup

Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post
    1. admittedly I have not watched a lot of our games yet this year, but it seems to me our starters have been so much more efficient this year.
    For example today Monty has 75 pitches 5 innings. It just seems like they’re getting the hitters to hit the ball at people and getting in and out of innings more quickly.

Just my opinion, but having elite receivers behind the plate has helped that quite a bit

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    aaron hicks:

sent from my pixel 5 using tapatalk
    tmml

I’m definitely not a Chad Green fan

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Just my opinion, but having elite receivers behind the plate has helped that quite a bit
    BINGO!!![emoji106]

Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post
    I’m definitely not a Chad Green fan

But I certainly wasn’t rooting for him to get hurt

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post

It's hard to argue that. At the same we lived with Jorge Posada for the entirety of the championship years. If you have quality pitching that trumps everything as far as that aspect of the game goes.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Not really fair to compare. Those guys never saw pitchers like today’s pitchers. The movement and velocity guys throw with now is insane. Hardest thing to do in sports is hit a baseball IMO. Grantee those guys K rates would significantly rise in today’s game.
    I respectfully disagree
    I thin certain skill sets transcend.
    Gwynn may have had a few 75 k years but I still think guys like that, just know how to hit the ball

Ignorance is bliss

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast