Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 123
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    5,393
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    His career OBP is .332 . Last season he led the league in BB. He also led the league in K's....go figure. One would assume with an eye that good and a patient approach, he would K far less.
    their may be a delay in the game either in the beginning or during the game due to thunderstorms in the forecast..

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    5,393
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Folks we are on a 122 win pace. The 98 Yanks were at .704

    This team has those characteristics! It could be a special season.
    98 yanks had a 11-14 stretch from mid august through early september..

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    43,180
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    His career OBP is .332 . Last season he led the league in BB. He also led the league in K's....go figure. One would assume with an eye that good and a patient approach, he would K far less.
    Agreed. To me, that's why I have said this year, if he could change his 2 strike approach and cut down his swing to make hard contact, it would be amazing. He has straight out said that he tries to hit an HR every swing. I think there is a significant difference between trying to hit the ball hard and trying to hit an HR



    Ignorance is bliss

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    21,561
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    His career OBP is .332 . Last season he led the league in BB. He also led the league in K's....go figure. One would assume with an eye that good and a patient approach, he would K far less.
    Too many holes in his swing. He know when to swing and when to lay off he is just not accurate enough with contact rate.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night


  5. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    14,863
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Punks.

    Autocorrection is a pain.
    Nicky I was teasing. I make more mistakes like that than anyone else here, lol

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    14,863
    JD starting to really heat up. If he gets it going that lineup is going to be tough.

    If they insist on playing Hicks, I kinda like him hitting 9th. The way he gets on base, he can act as a 2nd leadoff guy and will be on for our big guys to drive him in

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    21,561
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    98 yanks had a 11-14 stretch from mid august through early september..
    I know, but when you clinch the Division in July you get a little bored.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night


  8. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    8,693
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    I know, but when you clinch the Division in July you get a little bored.
    Unless I misremember, the Yankees were 92-29 before Torre started resting players. We'll never know what their record would be, if they pressed, instead of coasted. However, there's the possibility that they could have burned out and not won the World Series.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    21,561
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    JD starting to really heat up. If he gets it going that lineup is going to be tough.

    If they insist on playing Hicks, I kinda like him hitting 9th. The way he gets on base, he can act as a 2nd leadoff guy and will be on for our big guys to drive him in
    For now just leave as isÖÖdonít trade anybody! But yes, Hicks should bat 9th.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night


  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    21,561
    1998 Yankees 26-9

    2022 Yankees 26-9


    Hmmmmmmmmmm
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night


  11. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    5,393
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    1998 Yankees 26-9

    2022 Yankees 26-9


    Hmmmmmmmmmm
    i do not get the comparison the 98 yanks were 10 times a better team then this current yankee team will ever be..

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    16,608
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    i do not get the comparison the 98 yanks were 10 times a better team then this current yankee team will ever be..
    The comparison you ask?!! The records are identical, that is all the info being offered. The rest are assumptions or suppositions by the reader.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    47,047
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    The comparison you ask?!! The records are identical, that is all the info being offered. The rest are assumptions or suppositions by the reader.
    I don't know what the Yankees IL schedule is but the AL is a place they should feast. Outside of the Astros, Angels, Rays, Blue Jays, and Twins, the league is awful.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    8,485
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Agreed. To me, that's why I have said this year, if he could change his 2 strike approach and cut down his swing to make hard contact, it would be amazing. He has straight out said that he tries to hit an HR every swing. I think there is a significant difference between trying to hit the ball hard and trying to hit an HR
    He's not going to cut down his swing with 2 strikes. His approach is why he may be out of baseball after this season. Teams are not clamoring for a .180 hitter who strikes out 200+ times, and I very much doubt he'll hit anywhere near 40 home runs this season.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    14,863
    Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    He's not going to cut down his swing with 2 strikes. His approach is why he may be out of baseball after this season. Teams are not clamoring for a .180 hitter who strikes out 200+ times, and I very much doubt he'll hit anywhere near 40 home runs this season.
    Out of baseball? He's LH and a GG OFer with a cannon of an arm. With the shift being banned next yr, he'll have no trouble finding a job

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •