Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Yankees @ Orioles May 16-19

Yankees @ Orioles

Mon, May 16 • 7:05 PM EDT
    At Oriole Park at Camden Yards

Luis Severino
    RHP
    2-0, 4.08 ERA, 31 SO

Luis Severino lasted only 4 2/3 innings, allowing three runs on five hits and two walks while striking out eight in a 6-5 Yankees win Tuesday

Severino's 4 2/3 innings marked his shortest outing since his first start of the season on April 9. Seve's teammates bailed him out in this less than stellar performance with Stanton and Judge each hitting 3-run home runs. Despite not having his best stuff, Severino managed to strike out a season high eight batters and raised his season total to 31 in 28 2/3 innings.

Kyle Bradish
    RHP
    1-1, 4.24 ERA, 16 SO

Tue, May 17 • 7:05 PM EDT

Jameson Taillon
    RHP
    3-1, 2.93 ERA, 25 SO

Jameson Taillon pitched 5 1/3 innings, gave up two runs on five hits and one walk while walking four in a 5-3 Yankees win against Toronto on Wednesday.

Jameson Taillon gave up a run in the 1st and another in the 5th and that was all as Taillon won his third start of the year and this in his last four starts. Taillon's season ERA sits at 2.93 and his strikeout to walk ratio this season in 25:3 through 30 2/3 innings.

Spenser Watkins
    RHP
    0-1, 5.19 ERA, 13 SO

Wed, May 18 • 7:05 PM EDT

Gerrit Cole
    RHP
    3-0, 2.95 ERA, 46 SO

Gerrit Cole pitched 6 1/3 innings, giving up three runs on six hits and one walk while striking out nine in a 10-4 Yankees win against the White Sox on Friday.

Gerrit Cole improves to 3-0 with a 1.42 ERA since his career low 1 2/3 inning outing against Detroit on April 19. Cole has 34 strikeouts in 25 1/3 innings over that span. Owners that worried their top pick ace had been a bad investment have seen those worries placated over the past month.

Jordan Lyles
    RHP
    2-3, 4.38 ERA, 32 SO

Thu, May 19 • 12:35 PM EDT

Jordan Montgomery
    LHP
    0-1, 3.06 ERA, 29 SO

Yankees SP Jordan Montgomery lasted just 4 1/3 innings Saturday, allowing two runs on six hits while also walking three and striking out four, picking up the no-decision in the Yankees' 3-2 loss to the White Sox.

Montgomery continues to be a victim of low run support, allowing three runs or less in each of his seven starts on the mound this season for the Yankees. The left-hander holds a 7.39 K/9 ratio to go along with a respectable 3.06 ERA and 1.08 WHIP for the Yankees this season.

Bruce Zimmermann
    LHP
    2-2, 2.72 ERA, 32 SO
    Last edited by drt1010; 05-15-2022 at 06:34 PM.

We should sweep these punks! These are the wins you need to pile up to get to 105-110 wins.
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 05-16-2022 at 08:43 AM.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I can’t get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night

Folks we are on a 122 win pace. The 98 Yanks were at .704

This team has those characteristics! It could be a special season.
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

I've been one of the biggest "Joey Gallo is not right for this team" guys since the start of the season. I still feel that way, but over the last 15 games Gallo is hitting .268/.388/.634/1.022 with 5 homeruns. If that's the Joey Gallo we get the rest of the way, I would sign up for that in a second. I don't in any way see that happening but it's fun to think about.

Rizzo has gone the opposite direction and has me thinking about Olson and Freddie Freeman again... but I hope he turns it around

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    We should sweep these pinks! These are the wins you need to pile up to get to 105-110 wins.
    Pinks?? I agree we need to win a minimum of 3 against this team.

Like you said winning against bad teams is what we have to do to pad the win/loss record

I also agree this team is starting to look very special, but before I can say they have a look of a championship team we need so see them play better teams. We haven't played the Ray's, Astros or Angels yet and those look like the other good teams in the AL .

I know we can beat those teams because overall we have less holes, but I need to see us actually do it

With as good as the pitching and the top half of the lineup has been we can beat anyone. If JD, Torres and Gallo keep heating up and they move on from Hicks and give Flo a shot, watch out. The only glaring issue to me so far is that the bottom half of the lineup hasn't been producing consistently. I think we might struggle to beat the best teams with 3 guys in the bottom of the lineup hitting around .200

Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Rama View Post
    I've been one of the biggest "Joey Gallo is not right for this team" guys since the start of the season. I still feel that way, but over the last 15 games Gallo is hitting .268/.388/.634/1.022 with 5 homeruns. If that's the Joey Gallo we get the rest of the way, I would sign up for that in a second. I don't in any way see that happening but it's fun to think about.
    i agree completely. Even if Gallo is hitting .220 with a high OBP% and his power, I'd be absolutely thrilled. He brings such great defense that he's far more valuable than a Hicks

Freeman was always the guy that would've helped put this team over the top and make them favorites.

Rizzo has gone the opposite direction and has me thinking about Olson and Freddie Freeman again... but I hope he turns it around
    Yeah, I feel the same. I still think Freeman was the guy to get. I would have never given up Volpe and Dom or Pereira, Wells and Peraza like they wanted for Olsen though

I still think Rizzo is an asset because of his elite defense and his leadership. That said he need, he's been mostly cold for the last couple weeks. I think he'll heat up again and he's going to continue to see good pitches to hit being in between Judge and Stanton. I don't think we're going to see him sustain the level he was at to begin the yr, but somewhere in the middle I'd be happy

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    With his glove, speed and that type of stat line? Hell yes. I have commented that I would be happy with a 230-350-850. with 25-30 hr.

I think he will do this for a bit and then fall off a cliff. I hope I am wrong and the hitting coaches get him making good contact and working on a 2 strike approach. Especially with runners on base

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Yeah, I feel the same. I still think Freeman was the guy to get. I would have never given up Volpe and Dom or Pereira, Wells and Peraza like they wanted for Olsen though

I still think Rizzo is an asset because of his elite defense and his leadership. That said he need, he's been mostly cold for the last couple weeks. I think he'll heat up again and he's going to continue to see good pitches to hit being in between Judge and Stanton. I don't think we're going to see him sustain the level he was at to begin the yr, but somewhere in the middle I'd be happy
    There was no way he was going to hit 9 homers per month for 6 straight months. He had to cool off…..He will get it going again. The main thing I want from Rizzo is being healthy. Players have roller coaster seasons. He is just in his dip right now.
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Pinks?? I agree we need to win a minimum of 3 against this team.

Like you said winning against bad teams is what we have to do to pad the win/loss record

I also agree this team is starting to look very special, but before I can say they have a look of a championship team we need so see them play better teams. We haven't played the Ray's, Astros or Angels yet and those look like the other good teams in the AL .

I know we can beat those teams because overall we have less holes, but I need to see us actually do it

With as good as the pitching and the top half of the lineup has been we can beat anyone. If JD, Torres and Gallo keep heating up and they move on from Hicks and give Flo a shot, watch out. The only glaring issue to me so far is that the bottom half of the lineup hasn't been producing consistently. I think we might struggle to beat the best teams with 3 guys in the bottom of the lineup hitting around .200
    Punks.

Autocorrection is a pain.
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    With his glove, speed and that type of stat line? Hell yes. I have commented that I would be happy with a 230-350-850. with 25-30 hr.

I think he will do this for a bit and then fall off a cliff. I hope I am wrong and the hitting coaches get him making good contact and working on a 2 strike approach. Especially with runners on base
    I think Gallo is going to surprise people.

Calling my shot now!

We are seeing shades of 1998 with this team. It is still early but 1st place ballclubs get breaks.
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    I think Gallo is going to surprise people.

Calling my shot now!

We are seeing shades of 1998 with this team. It is still early but 1st place ballclubs get breaks.
    I would be thrilled with that from him. If he can do that, he changes the team. If he's getting on base 350 or better and hits 30+? In the 7 hole?
    That lineup is now deadly

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I would be thrilled with that from him. If he can do that, he changes the team. If he's getting on base 350 or better and hits 30+? In the 7 hole?
    That lineup is now deadly
    His career OBP is .332 . Last season he led the league in BB. He also led the league in K's....go figure. One would assume with an eye that good and a patient approach, he would K far less.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast