Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 179 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    1st para……show me any country on the planet that will be happy to have their "culture" changed by outsiders coming into their country. No one wants this. And rightly so.How are the Christian churches doing in Muslim countries??? How Christian politicians are in Muslim governments??? How many whiteys are in black African nation governments???
    So since Christian aren't allow in Muslim government and whites in african nations government, whites should have sole control of political power and religion here and if there is no minority around at that level, no problem since everyone else being exclusive ? I am just trying to understand why you would compare a European country problem with their culture being changed by foreigners to American diversity effecting our white culture.

I really don't want to go back to the sixties where you occasionally see a minority walking by in a TV scene. Sometime I would miss it and have to read about in Ebony.

2nd Para……I have no problem with diversity. I also admit to it not being all that important in the grand scheme of things. I hire the best people for the job and I associate with people that I enjoy being around. Race, color, religion, gender never comes into play.
    Don't sit up here and lie about your feeling about diversity. You are only fooling yourself. Diversity means diversity of voices, you want a choir sing only your issues. That isn't diversity.

Your hiring practices and social habits aren't reflective of society as a whole. I done hiring before and done it the same way, but I don't let my personal experience blind me to what does happen else where in this country. I can say I eat well and assume that other do as well in that case.

Can't help that the media been on the "first this and that" since Jackie Robinson entered Baseball. After sixty years of my life of hearing this, it just goes into the background noise bin. She isn't being hired as some affirmative thing, I have seen her off and on for a decade, and she is a smart cookie and sharp who is a political tool.
    But I would imagine a person from her home country and those who are gay look up to her as something they can do. Much like I did with the "first" blacks early in my life. That is something I don't think a white person can ever identify with, but I can't understand why a white dude like yourself would be irked by it. [QUOTE]
    Last edited by WES445; 05-19-2022 at 12:31 PM.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Para 1……who ever said this???

Para 2……I never said this.
    Let's try to clarify (as if this will go anywhere)……There is no "white culture" in America. America lives under a western culture. It is a culture that excludes no one.

One thing that few understand is that blacks see themselves as blacks while whites do not see themselves as whites.I never think about being white. It rarely, if ever, enters into my thought process. I am a "person" living in America. no more, no less.
    Spoken like a true fool.

Bolded………all past tense. Why not join the present and look toward a promising future???

Last para……I have no beef with any ethnic group. I just ignore bad behavior and avoid distasteful situations. Black, white, Christian, Muslim, old, young……bad behavior and distasteful situations are just that: bad behavior and distasteful situations. I am probably one of the fairest minded people you will ever meet.

[QUOTE=WES445;34362412]So since Christian aren't allow in Muslim government and whites in african nations government, whites should have sole control of political power and religion here and if there is no minority around at that level, no problem since everyone else being exclusive ? I am just trying to understand why you would compare a European country problem with their culture being changed by foreigners to American diversity effecting our white culture.
    I really don't want to go back to the sixties where you occasionally see a minority walking by in a TV scene. Sometime I would miss it and have to read about in Ebony. Don't sit up here and lie about your feeling about diversity. You are only fooling yourself. Diversity means diversity of voices, you want a choir sing only your issues. That isn't diversity.

Can't help that the media been on the "first this and that" since Jackie Robinson entered Baseball. After sixty years of my life of hearing this, it just goes into the background noise bin. She isn't being hired as some affirmative thing, I have seen her off and on for a decade, and she is a smart cookie and sharp who is a political tool.
    But I would imagine a person from her home country and those who are gay look up to her as something they can do. Much like I did with the "first" blacks early in my life. That is something I don't think a white person can ever identify with, but I can't understand why a white dude like yourself would be irked by it. First bolded……then why do we have to constantly hear about it.

Second bolded……she seems to be

I really wish you and others would stop telling me what I think.

Third bolded……where did I say I was "irked?"

……

And for what it is worth (not much here) I have a poster of Jackie Robinson in my office. He was one of my heroes too. But he wasn't my favorite nDodger……that would be Roy Campanella. "Campy" was always on the back page of the NY tabloids and was always good for a quote. Jackie was much more reserved and, I guess, less "quotable." Charley Neal, a lesser know black ballplayer (and an original Met) had a relative in our neighborhood and we met him once when he was visiting. Talked mostly about stickball. To us (kids) they weren't black players…they were Dodgers. That's how I lead my life……but, of course, I am probably lying.

Bolded………all past tense. Why not join the present and look toward a promising future???

Last para……I have no beef with any ethnic group. I just ignore bad behavior and avoid distasteful situations. Black, white, Christian, Muslim, old, young……bad behavior and distasteful situations are just that: bad behavior and distasteful situations. I am probably one of the fairest minded people you will ever meet.
    Past have a way of repeating itself as we are seeing in the raise of white extremists..again and this new push for state rights thru the abortion debate. You do know what the term "state rights" means to Blacks and Hispanic with long history in this country?
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

[QUOTE=Sluggo1;34362431]
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    So since Christian aren't allow in Muslim government and whites in african nations government, whites should have sole control of political power and religion here and if there is no minority around at that level, no problem since everyone else being exclusive ? I am just trying to understand why you would compare a European country problem with their culture being changed by foreigners to American diversity effecting our white culture.
    I really don't want to go back to the sixties where you occasionally see a minority walking by in a TV scene. Sometime I would miss it and have to read about in Ebony. Don't sit up here and lie about your feeling about diversity. You are only fooling yourself. Diversity means diversity of voices, you want a choir sing only your issues. That isn't diversity.

But I would imagine a person from her home country and those who are gay look up to her as something they can do. Much like I did with the "first" blacks early in my life. That is something I don't think a white person can ever identify with, but I can't understand why a white dude like yourself would be irked by it.

First bolded……then why do we have to constantly hear about it.

Second bolded……she seems to be

I really wish you and others would stop telling me what I think.

Third bolded……where did I say I was "irked?"

……

And for what it is worth (not much here) I have a poster of Jackie Robinson in my office. He was one of my heroes too. But he wasn't my favorite nDodger……that would be Roy Campanella. "Campy" was always on the back page of the NY tabloids and was always good for a quote. Jackie was much more reserved and, I guess, less "quotable." Charley Neal, a lesser know black ballplayer (and an original Met) had a relative in our neighborhood and we met him once when he was visiting. Talked mostly about stickball. To us (kids) they weren't black players…they were Dodgers. That's how I lead my life……but, of course, I am probably lying.
    You had a poster of Jackie Robinson, but you didn't understand his meaning to blacks or how it made them feel to see him on that field. He was your hero, but he was our door opener, a step up to acceptances by a society that still practiced Jim Crow at that time. Just something with your background wouldn't occur to you.

Why do they dwell on her background, I told you. The media got a thing for the "first this and that" and it does register with those who share her lifestyle or origin. Some are interested in it, even celebrate it. Irish community bars in Chicago had booming business after "Jack" Kennedy was elected. And I do remember the media, Uncle Walter, talking o about the first Irish and Catholic being President.

Why I use irked? Because it came up before in your posts, so I assume it bother you. Don't know why you continue to push it, otherwise.

Dude, you keep telling us what you are thinking. You want to see your self one way, but your fingers, typing, makes a liar out of you.
    Last edited by WES445; 05-19-2022 at 01:15 PM.

Will Rogers

Past have a way of repeating itself as we are seeing in the raise of white extremists..again and this new push for state rights thru the abortion debate. You do know what the term "state rights" means to Blacks and Hispanic with long history in this country?
    We need to focus less on states' rights and more on peoples' rights. The state needs to prove that it has some sort of compelling interest in limiting the peoples' rights.
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    the delays of the courts needs to end at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    And if people got **** counsel, well they had to die so the court could move faster…but tell me again how pro-life you are!
    I was told there would be pro-life! Not pro-death!

We need to focus less on states' rights and more on peoples' rights. The state needs to prove that it has some sort of compelling interest in limiting the peoples' rights.
    States need to follow Federal guidelines. After Jim Crow, I am not going to trust small fiefdoms called states to always do the right thing. Especially considering how low politicians are willing to go to get votes and how unaware the voting public can be.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Like Wes said, there's an audience for that stuff. Carlson regularly gets 3 million viewers a night. He's the highest rated political pundit going. John Oliver was spot on with Tucker's ******** though. That all Tucker does is push this white replacement theory, some of which leads to real violence like what happened in Buffalo.

Some moron in this forum used to tell me that Carlson wasn't a racist though.
    Its crazy because despite their extreme views, you could ve making meaningful contributions to society instead.

I mean I think theres just as much garbage on both sides but I do find that the extremists on the right tend to double down and promote stuff that leads to violence (even if not directly) even though I find the extremist on the left tend to instigate a lot of it and creates as much/more division.

Makes it worse for the proper Republican and Democrats who try to make it work but have to cater to those small but loud groups.

States need to follow Federal guidelines. After Jim Crow, I am not going to trust small fiefdoms called states to always do the right thing. Especially considering how low politicians are willing to go to get votes and how unaware the voting public can be.
    Given the stranglehold that the US Constitution has on us, states rights are the only thing that goves me hope. For all intents and purposes, New England might as well be in a different country from Texas or Alabama.

As Robert Reich noted in an opinion piece a few days ago, we are already engaged in what I call a “quiet civil war”.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...r-robert-reich

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Given the stranglehold that the US Constitution has on us, states rights are the only thing that goves me hope. For all intents and purposes, New England might as well be in a different country from Texas or Alabama.

As Robert Reich noted in an opinion piece a few days ago, we are already engaged in what I call a “quiet civil war”.

Historically, it doesn't me considering who is pushing for it. I have read and watch Robert Reich on Youtube, so I will check out the quiet civil war. Thanks, and feel more than free to suggest reading material to me. Been reading a lot of articles since being here so the more the merrier.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post

Reich is a perfect example of an old woke liberal who misrepresents what the truth is regarding those who represent conservatives and republican populists like Trump and his backers. Perfect elitist liberal.

Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Prey View Post
    Reich is a perfect example of an old woke liberal who misrepresents what the truth is regarding those who represent conservatives and republican populists like Trump and his backers. Perfect elitist liberal.
    I guess you didn't bother reading his article. He isn't a elitist liberal and have long fallen out flavor with the power that be. I have seen him more on leftist podcast than MSNBC. He attacks both sides and the system in general.

To be fair I haven't watched MSNBC since 2016. Quit watching CNN regularly long before that.
    Last edited by WES445; 05-19-2022 at 01:52 PM.

Will Rogers

[QUOTE=WES445;34362442]

You had a poster of Jackie Robinson, but you didn't understand his meaning to blacks or how it made them feel to see him on that field. He was your hero, but he was our door opener, a step up to acceptances by a society that still practiced Jim Crow at that time. Just something with your background wouldn't occur to you.

Why do they dwell on her background, I told you. The media got a thing for the "first this and that" and it does register with those who share her lifestyle or origin. Some are interested in it, even celebrate it. Irish community bars in Chicago had booming business after "Jack" Kennedy was elected. And I do remember the media, Uncle Walter, talking o about the first Irish and Catholic being President.

Why I use irked? Because it came up before in your posts, so I assume it bother you. Don't know why you continue to push it, otherwise.

Dude, you keep telling us what you are thinking. You want to see your self one way, but your fingers, typing, makes a liar out of you.
    This is really hopeless. Like any bad situation, the best thing to do at this point is to just avoid each other.

Good luck out there.
    Last edited by Sluggo1; 05-19-2022 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Prey View Post

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    the delays of the courts needs to end at some point.
    And if people got **** counsel, well they had to die so the court could move faster…but tell me again how pro-life you are!
    I was told there would be pro-life! Not pro-death!

Page 11 of 179 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast